Anthony Campanile rumored UM LB Coach candidate

Advertisement
So Schiano wanted him in 2020 at Rutgers and Michigan people thought they were keeping him. Instead he left to coach with Flores.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/20...oordinator-and-its-not-anthony-campanile.html

A week ago, reports surfaced of a “bidding war” between Rutgers and Michigan, where Campanile spent the 2019 season as linebackers coach. He signed a two-year contract with Michigan last January that paid him an annual salary of $415,000, and with a specific buyout clause that allowed him to leave for Rutgers.

“The Scarlet Knights are prepared to make Campanile the highest-paid coordinator in school history,” NJ.com’s James Kractch reported, citing multiple unidentified sources.

BC was interested in getting him too.

Turned Rutgers and BC down. Two former defensive coordinators turned HC wanted him.

I know a couple of people in the league that says Campanile has next. Does that mean I’d be thrilled if we hire him? No. I’d be intrigued, but he isn’t anywhere near the top of list for me but that’s okay. Wait and see approach and hope for the best like many of these names that have been tossed around. In a perfect scenario he is co-dc along side a veteran that he can work with, coach LBs and take over down the road but I understand that’s too much to ask for lol.

Hopefully DB can clear whatever hurdle it is that needs to be cleared …

Incorrect. He signed that extension within days of Mario being hired, so the extension was likely in the works for weeks prior.

Edit: I see the natives have already cut up your body and slid the bloody chunks into a pot of boiling water.

Well Mario should have known in September he was getting this job and started thinking about putting his staff together then…would have had Errrrbody locked up by now..😜

Advertisement
Mario should've built his staff in a couple days ? With no interviews ? Makes sense.

And no recruiting either. People want coordinators, Mario should have hired Corey Raymond before Mario was even hired at UM, and then he should have followed that up by hiring the coordinators in between questions during his introductory press conference. That whole "speaking Spanish" bit took up valuable time that should have been devoted to a 5-hour coordinator interview.

If Belk falls through, could we seen a AC and Chris Partridge link up?
Now that would be interesting but Salavae already has the CO-DC title. Then again it's just a title. I hate to invoke the name but we saw how just how much more effective Diaz's defense was when he was paired with a talented front four and an elite DL coach. There are many interesting possibilities.

Now that would be interesting but Salavae already has the CO-DC title. Then again it's just a title. I hate to invoke the name but we saw how just how much more effective Diaz's defense was when he was paired with a talented front four and an elite DL coach. There are many interesting possibilities.
He's run game coordinator/AHC

Advertisement
Going to need @FrancisSawyer and @Zbrod95 to have an avi change bet or something.

I don’t know who to be mad at and who to shower with undeserved praise.
C'mon @IndayArtHauz

Debating the merits of a potential Campanile hire doesn't make me anti Cristobal all of sudden. Being annoyed at this incredibly tedious and drawn out OC and DC search doesn't make me anti Cristobal either. There is no such thing as a perfect coach. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. I loved and still love the Cristobal hire and Mario certainly brings a lot to the table and his strengths are pretty **** strong. Having said that, I don't think it's destructive or unreasonable to point out and debate any perceived weaknesses that we might notice. It isn't hatred. It's just football talk amongst extremely knowledgeable and passionate fans of the UM football program. Do I get a bit too worked up from time to time? Absolutely I do! Am I wrong sometimes? Most definitely! Sometimes my venting can come across as a little over the top but I don't ever let it get out of hand.

PS. Given a choice, I would have to go with being showered with undeserved praise but if you ask me, my praise is always deserved!

Well Mario should have known in September he was getting this job and started thinking about putting his staff together then…would have had Errrrbody locked up by now..😜
Wrong! As soon as he won his 1st Pac 10/12 title he should have begun to get his roladex in order knowing full well that we would come sniffing around eventually. ***

*** Sarcasm Alert

Advertisement
C'mon @IndayArtHauz

Debating the merits of a potential Campanile hire doesn't make me anti Cristobal all of sudden. Being annoyed at this incredibly tedious and drawn out OC and DC search doesn't make me anti Cristobal either. There is no such thing as a perfect coach. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. I loved and still love the Cristobal hire and Mario certainly brings a lot to the table and his strengths are pretty **** strong. Having said that, I don't think it's destructive or unreasonable to point out and debate any perceived weaknesses that we might notice. It isn't hatred. It's just football talk amongst extremely knowledgeable and passionate fans of the UM football program. Do I get a bit too worked up from time to time? Absolutely I do! Am I wrong sometimes? Most definitely! Sometimes my venting can come across as a little over the top but I don't ever let it get out of hand.

PS. Given a choice, I would have to go with being showered with undeserved praise but if you ask me, my praise is always deserved!
Fair points, fair that you make them and fair to be right or wrong about them.

Praise will be forthcoming!

And no recruiting either. People want coordinators, Mario should have hired Corey Raymond before Mario was even hired at UM, and then he should have followed that up by hiring the coordinators in between questions during his introductory press conference. That whole "speaking Spanish" bit took up valuable time that should have been devoted to a 5-hour coordinator interview.
He should have hired you back in June to give him advice.

Advertisement
Don’t know enough about him to say anything on style. If there’s Flores influence it will be multiple. If there’s Don Brown influence from Michigan it’s 4 down and super aggressive. Controlled aggression.

Just using the Macdonald comp because the resumé is similar. Both highly thought of at a young age. Doesn’t mean anything about how it’ll turn out but it could. NFL defense is a lot different and a much higher level and much higher attention to detail than college. Exposure to that is valuable. Especially someone like Flores influence.
However it will turn out, getting him would mean LB play would noticeably improve.

So if belk gets cleared and is the dc, who’s the lb coach? Ill take both of these guys as Co DCs with belk as the top guy
Just my assumption, Mario interviewed that one guy from UCLA. Forgot his name tho.

Advertisement
Back