Anthony Campanile rumored UM LB Coach candidate

C'mon @IndayArtHauz

Debating the merits of a potential Campanile hire doesn't make me anti Cristobal all of sudden. Being annoyed at this incredibly tedious and drawn out OC and DC search doesn't make me anti Cristobal either. There is no such thing as a perfect coach. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. I loved and still love the Cristobal hire and Mario certainly brings a lot to the table and his strengths are pretty **** strong. Having said that, I don't think it's destructive or unreasonable to point out and debate any perceived weaknesses that we might notice. It isn't hatred. It's just football talk amongst extremely knowledgeable and passionate fans of the UM football program. Do I get a bit too worked up from time to time? Absolutely I do! Am I wrong sometimes? Most definitely! Sometimes my venting can come across as a little over the top but I don't ever let it get out of hand.

PS. Given a choice, I would have to go with being showered with undeserved praise but if you ask me, my praise is always deserved!
Very arguable.

Advertisement
So Schiano wanted him in 2020 at Rutgers and Michigan people thought they were keeping him. Instead he left to coach with Flores.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/20...oordinator-and-its-not-anthony-campanile.html

A week ago, reports surfaced of a “bidding war” between Rutgers and Michigan, where Campanile spent the 2019 season as linebackers coach. He signed a two-year contract with Michigan last January that paid him an annual salary of $415,000, and with a specific buyout clause that allowed him to leave for Rutgers.

“The Scarlet Knights are prepared to make Campanile the highest-paid coordinator in school history,” NJ.com’s James Kractch reported, citing multiple unidentified sources.

BC was interested in getting him too.

Turned Rutgers and BC down. Two former defensive coordinators turned HC wanted him.
The fact that Schiano wanted him at DC says alot. He doesn’t fk around w his defense and has a big Rolodex. And again, a year in the NFL under Flores is a huge benefit.

Incorrect. He signed that extension within days of Mario being hired, so the extension was likely in the works for weeks prior.

Edit: I see the natives have already cut up your body and slid the bloody chunks into a pot of boiling water.

Barbarians. Prefer my meat grilled

Now that would be interesting but Salavae already has the CO-DC title. Then again it's just a title. I hate to invoke the name but we saw how just how much more effective Diaz's defense was when he was paired with a talented front four and an elite DL coach. There are many interesting possibilities.

You can make up any crap you want for titles. And you can put the "co" in Co-DC's and have two Co-DC's.

Co-DC
Associate Head Coach
Assistant Head Coach
Running Game Coordinator - defense
Passing Game Coordinator - defense
VP, TFL's :)

And more.

It's all meaningless words to take care of people's ego's and pull them to the job.

Advertisement
You can make up any crap you want for titles. And you can put the "co" in Co-DC's and have two Co-DC's.

Co-DC
Associate Head Coach
Assistant Head Coach

And more.

It's all meaningless words to take care of people's ego's and pull them to the job.
Justifies more money too.

Co-DC
Associate Head Coach
Assistant Head Coach

And more.

Yes. And Mario has been apart of staffs with 2 co-dcs and a DC. Essentially a PGC and a RGC. It's all title and pay

Co-DC
Associate Head Coach
Assistant Head Coach

And more.

I agree.

Advertisement
I'll say this... The phins want to keep him at all costs. Hence the whole, "we want to keep our defensive staff intact" kind of stuff being reported out there.

Advertisement
Lol if this is who we end up with as DC after all the suspense.
I think this is a legit point. If the OC and DC hires end up performing well then no one will care about this. However, if they dont, this lengthy process becomes an issue. Waiting on NFL guys (or any other guy) unless you are pretty **** sure they are gonna yes, is a questionable strategy if you ask me.

Advertisement
Live look at Mario’s $8 million x 10 years reasons why he don’t give a f about anyone’s thoughts on his process on hiring and when..

boat spank GIF by Lil Dicky
all access money GIF by SHOWTIME Sports
Cash Money GIF
Pro Wrestling Wwe GIF by Ted DiBiase
I Win Make It Rain GIF

Again, Fwiw. Ferman posted that he believes Belk is staying in Houston, and if Campanile does stay in the league, he ends up at Michigan as DC. He may be pulling stuff out of his ***.

Advertisement
Back