Anthony Campanile rumored UM LB Coach candidate

Advertisement
Being a position coach in the NFL is enough to be a Coordinator imo. Michigan DC this past season was an assistant at the ravens. One season and he turnt them around and they got into the playoffs. The Ravens just made him their DC.

If they’re negotiating his buyout that can take time. Y’all want this to be dead simple but sometimes it just isn’t, and it doesn’t suggest ineptitude or negligence.

If you’ve ever been a part of a business acquisition, merger, executive leveling hiring or even high level termination, it just takes time.
You're right of course. It's just that we've been hearing Belk this Belk that for what seems to be an eternity. Put that together with the Campanile DC talk and yeah I'm probably a bit salty right about now. If it's about negotiating his buyout then you are correct sir. That can take time.

Incorrect. He signed that extension within days of Mario being hired, so the extension was likely in the works for weeks prior.

Edit: I see the natives have already cut up your body and slid the bloody chunks into a pot of boiling water.
LOL, it's all good bruh. I'm thick skinned and have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, unlike others. And the rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerrated. That wasn't my body, just one of my nuts. Not to worry, I have two left.

Advertisement
His brother is the head coach at Bergen Catholic which is a Top 10 Nationally ranked HS out of NJ. There’s multiple D1 talent for 2023. His other brother also coaches at a private school in NJ. Lastly he’s friends with Chris Partridge at Ole Miss who would be great as a DC
His brother Nick the HC at DePaul catholic in Wayne, NJ now. Coached my brother last year, said he was a great guy, knew how to reach the players and hard worker. Seems like it runs in the bloodline they’re all respected especially in North Jersey football. Wouldn’t mind having Ant on staff he’s a football guru

If they’re negotiating his buyout that can take time. Y’all want this to be dead simple but sometimes it just isn’t, and it doesn’t suggest ineptitude or negligence.

If you’ve ever been a part of a business acquisition, merger, executive leveling hiring or even high level termination, it just takes time.
I think people forget that these contracts have a lot of verbiage that’s needs to be sought through when it comes to payouts buyouts, guaranteed money, bonuses, etc. We don’t know what exactly his buyout entails and that’s probably what’s holding this up. It’s a legal document that’s meant to be binding. It‘s not just handing somebody a check.

Advertisement
If you say so but we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Rutgers (2012–2013)
Defensive assistant
Rutgers (2013–2014)
Tight ends coach
Rutgers (2015)
Wide receivers coach
Boston College (2016–2017)
Defensive backs coach
Boston College (2018)
Co-defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach
Michigan (2019)
Linebackers coach
Miami Dolphins (2020–present)
Linebackers coach

You think the above resume makes him qualified and a good hire? I vehemently disagree.
Let it play out. Same exact thing could have been said about the best DC in college football this year in Mike Macdonald. Very similar resumé

It’s not a hire I’m putting a stamp on as a sure thing to be a stud but he’s qualified.

I think people forget that these contracts have a lot of verbiage that’s needs to be sought through when it comes to payouts buyouts, guaranteed money, bonuses, etc. We don’t know what exactly his buyout entails and that’s probably what’s holding this up. It’s a legal document that’s meant to be binding. It‘s not just handing somebody a check.
From what I read Belk signed a 2 year contract at 1.1 million per. What percentage normally has to be paid on a buyout? I am sure contracts differ on that but I would think there would be some kind of ave % for buyouts

Let it play out. Same exact thing could have been said about the best DC in college football this year in Mike Macdonald. Very similar resumé

It’s not a hire I’m putting a stamp on as a sure thing to be a stud but he’s qualified.
I hear you and you are right that we should all let it play out but those are my initial impressions. Also why does everyone keep bringing up Macdonald as a way to somehow rationalize a potential Campanile hire? I understand the similar resumes and all that but just because Michigan had success with Macdonald doesn't make a potential Campanile hire any more palatable in my book.

@JayCane20 I appreciate your point of view and you make very reasonable points. I'm just a bit salty about all this lol. I'll be good.

One more thing ....When Campanile was at BC what was his style? What is he known for? What is his defensive philosophy? Is he considered to be a bright young coach? All I see is the resume so it would be nice to know a bit more about the guy. Thanks.

I hear you and you are right that we should all let it play out but those are my initial impressions. Also why does everyone keep bringing up Macdonald as a way to somehow rationalize a potential Campanile hire? I understand the similar resumes and all that but just because Michigan had success with Macdonald doesn't make a potential Campanile hire any more palatable in my book.

@JayCane20 I appreciate your point of view and you make very reasonable points. I'm just a bit salty about all this lol. I'll be good.

One more thing ....When Campanile was at BC what was his style? What is he known for? What is his defensive philosophy? Is he considered to be a bright young coach? All I see is the resume so it would be nice to know a bit more about the guy. Thanks.
Don’t know enough about him to say anything on style. If there’s Flores influence it will be multiple. If there’s Don Brown influence from Michigan it’s 4 down and super aggressive. Controlled aggression.

Just using the Macdonald comp because the resumé is similar. Both highly thought of at a young age. Doesn’t mean anything about how it’ll turn out but it could. NFL defense is a lot different and a much higher level and much higher attention to detail than college. Exposure to that is valuable. Especially someone like Flores influence.

Advertisement
If you say so but we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Rutgers (2012–2013)
Defensive assistant
Rutgers (2013–2014)
Tight ends coach
Rutgers (2015)
Wide receivers coach
Boston College (2016–2017)
Defensive backs coach
Boston College (2018)
Co-defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach
Michigan (2019)
Linebackers coach
Miami Dolphins (2020–present)
Linebackers coach

You think the above resume makes him qualified and a good hire? I vehemently disagree.

Go look at Dan Lanning's resume prior to Georgia. In fact go look at the entire Georgia coaching staff's resume prior to Georgia.

Last edited:
Going to need @FrancisSawyer and @Zbrod95 to have an avi change bet or something.

I don’t know who to be mad at and who to shower with undeserved praise.
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Advertisement
His experience at BC isn’t indicative of his style I don’t think. Jim Reid was the DC and called plays. Old school guy that failed to adapt to modernized offense and faded out over the years. One of Addazio’s guys.

Advertisement
Back