Anthony Campanile rumored UM LB Coach candidate

Advertisement
Why, because he is holding out for a DC spot in the NFL?
Campanile would be an excellent hire for LB coach. Campanile would be an absolutely atrocious hire for DC. We took this long to find the right DC out of numerous qualified and excellent candidates to hire Anthony Campanile? That would be a joke. Nothing personal against the man.

Campanile would be an excellent hire for LB coach. Campanile would be an absolutely atrocious hire for DC. We took this long to find the right DC out of numerous qualified and excellent candidates to hire Anthony Campanile? That would be a joke. Nothing personal against the man.
No, it would be a good college hire who actually has experience as a CO-DC at BC. He’s a tremendous recruiter with connections throughout the Northeast. He would be a very green hire for the NFL because he just became a position coach but he would be a good college hire.

I could see co DC linebackers or co DC dbs. Let's hope that's as much as it is. Highly doubt he leaves the NFL for that unless he has no other choice.

Or if they can't figure out the snag with belk

Advertisement
No, it would be a good college hire who actually has experience as a CO-DC at BC. He’s a tremendous recruiter with connections throughout the Northeast. He would be a very green hire for the NFL because he just became a position coach but he would be a good college hire.
If you say so but we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Rutgers (2012–2013)
Defensive assistant
Rutgers (2013–2014)
Tight ends coach
Rutgers (2015)
Wide receivers coach
Boston College (2016–2017)
Defensive backs coach
Boston College (2018)
Co-defensive coordinator/defensive backs coach
Michigan (2019)
Linebackers coach
Miami Dolphins (2020–present)
Linebackers coach

You think the above resume makes him qualified and a good hire? I vehemently disagree.

@JayCane20 and myself have been mentioning Belk for two weeks.
Also mentioned thinking it was Belk because they interviewed Campanile as a LB coach. Although I believe that was via PM that his name was put out.

Didn’t know that interview was as a DC I thought it was LB/co-dc… or if he came away impressed and it escalated to that point.

Rutgers (2012–2013)
Defensive assistant
Rutgers (2013–2014)
Tight ends coach
Rutgers (2015)
Wide receivers coach
Defensive backs coach
Boston College (2018)
Michigan (2019)
Linebackers coach
Linebackers coach

You think the above resume makes him qualified and a good hire? I vehemently disagree.
Mike MacDonald’s resume was less impressive. He had basically an extra year of NFL experience but not much else.

I hear you though. It wouldn’t be the hire you’d expect to see after all the hype so would be disappointing. But I wouldn’t label it “absolutely atrocious.”

Advertisement

Rutgers (2012–2013)
Defensive assistant
Rutgers (2013–2014)
Tight ends coach
Rutgers (2015)
Wide receivers coach
Defensive backs coach
Boston College (2018)
Michigan (2019)
Linebackers coach
Linebackers coach

He turned down P5 DC jobs back when he was at Michigan to follow Brian Flores to Miami.

Ferman's has said that Belk is definitely the priority but Houston has fought hard to keep him, He mentioned Campanile as the backup. He did say today " I am hearing that the DC job is in Anthony Campanile's court"
Fighting hard to keep him? LMAO

We can't even pry a DC from Houston? That's just sad. If he is the guy then make your offer. If he rejects then move on.

Believe in Belk. Get it done, Mario! Is Schumann officially off the table, Cribby or Jaycane20? He seems to have lost momentum from the early start of this process.

Advertisement
Mike MacDonald’s resume was less impressive. He had basically an extra year of NFL experience but not much else.

I hear you though. It wouldn’t be the hire you’d expect to see after all the hype so would be disappointing. But I wouldn’t label it “absolutely atrocious.”
You make a good point about my overreacting by describing it as an "absolutely atrocious hire" but for crying out loud a hire like that would scream volumes about Mario's ability and judgement when it comes to hiring coordinators. That's not me being harsh that's just being real. I still love that Mario is here of course but everyone has their weakness and hiring coordinators seems to be his if this is indeed the hire at DC.

Advertisement
CC6D389D-8850-4A4C-8CB2-00DDEC8294A0.gif

2F10D716-A41A-4095-8B89-1E7DC20875A5.gif

D734DC96-9B6C-417A-AC57-C1B7CCBA1CEA.gif

0A937088-E20E-40BC-8CD4-1308FF3B6EAC.gif

Fighting hard to keep him? LMAO

We can't even pry a DC from Houston? That's just sad. If he is the guy then make your offer. If he rejects then move on.
If they’re negotiating his buyout that can take time. Y’all want this to be dead simple but sometimes it just isn’t, and it doesn’t suggest ineptitude or negligence.

If you’ve ever been a part of a business acquisition, merger, executive leveling hiring or even high level termination, it just takes time.

Advertisement
Back