Anthony Brown, QB

As the dude said before me, we won't get anywhere trying to build a team around the portal.

Miami isn’t “building” a team via the Portal; these are short-term options as Diaz tries to win more games, which helps with recruiting.

Trevon Hill helped last season. Michael Jackson was a good pick-up. Bubba Bolden looked solid in limited action—and Jaelan Phillips could be a stud if he can stay healthy.

Get depth back and you rely on Portal less. For now, zero wrong with it.

Advertisement
I can’t believe Miami is in this position at QB in 2019. Competent passers who can run a 4.7 are a dime a dozen these days and we somehow have the three stooges.

Normally there’s one dummy in the entire qb room, I’ve never see it have three immature , douche nozzles at the same time. Your qb room is always the representation of your team.

Nobody in last years qb room has upside

be willing to see what a new system brings that doesn’t require the oline to hold their blocks for more than 3-5 seconds. Our oline issues and lack of significant adjustments by our prior OC could set any qb back.

Advertisement
So they have a built in excuse when we go 6-7 again. No thanks.
I doubt Manure is willling to take the chance on that excuse working. Only way you see VanLesbian is if he’s a transcendent QB that Manure thinks can win him 10 and the Coastal immediately. He’s in no position to play the freshman QB card and go 6-7.

The ideal situation might be TVD beating everyone out. That's what Kaaya did after we brought in Jake Heaps in 2014.

This is my hope. If we were in a position where all the pieces were in place and just needed to insert a good, stable QB to make it to the ACCCG, then I'd be OK with kicking the tires with Brown. But the reality is we are far away from that.

As we work to install and acclimate to an entirely new offensive system, I'd prefer we start fresh with a young QB who hasn't been tainted and can grow in the offense.

Show Tate the door ASAP -- he's just a publicity stunt distraction. Push Kosi to the portal -- kid is just not a reliable QB. Jarren, I think he may be salvageable under Lashlee, but I have my doubts.

Pray that TVD is the real deal and comes in with his head on right.

Jake fromm just declared for the draft, prime destination for a top transfer qb now has opened

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s been reported that Anthony Brown has suffered not 1 but 2 season ending knee surgeries in 2 of the last 3 years. How is that helping us?

I don’t follow Texas, but I remember being underwhelmed by Buechler when he was there. Which is why he transferred i am sure. But he seems to have lit it up this year. Would love for Lashlee to make that type of impact on a Anthony Brown type player.
Buechelle was fine, it’s just that Sam Ellinger was even better and is a borderline special talent. The latter is similar in some respects to Tebow and is a better fit for the Tom Herman offense. Buechelle was recruited for the Charlie Strong offense. That’s ulitmately why Shane transferred. SMU got a good talent.

Advertisement
2 season ending Injuries can you really count on him? Texas tech QB Jett Duffey is interesting, 18TD 5int and completed 65%. What worries me with him is he was he only one 2 games as the starter

Advertisement
Back