Another year, Another Gus Dyck Ridin Thread

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
Boy is the most talented RB on the team....

QB Brad Kaaya says he can see Edwards playing a big role.

“I think this offense fits him,” Kaaya said. “He’s been running the ball fairly well, so we’ll see as spring goes along and we get into summer and fall and conceptualize what we’ll do on offense.”

Cue Gus dance

Advertisement
I hope he is the best because Walton and Yearby aren't difference makers....And we should always have a couple of those at Miami....

Boy is the most talented RB on the team

BullSh*t. Gus is a fullback anyways!
giphy.gif

The first time I saw him run in a Canes uniform I thought this kid was the future.

He needs good coaching though. We all know that the guy runs too upright and that neutralizes his main advantage, his size.

It's sad that we had to use Duke Johnson on goal-line situations and not Gus. It's equally sad that the former staff couldn't teach the kid a pretty basic technique ("play lower!").

And it's not that you can't run upright, it's that you can't run upright when you're running between the tackles or coming into contact with defenders.

Advertisement
Assuming our OL improves, I fully expect Gus to have a very good year

He may not get 250+ carries, but he will make a huge impact on our offense and take a bit of the pressure off of Kaaya

Can't wait

Gus-Edwars-Out-for-2015.jpg

He is a Fullback and every coach but Al Golden and some losers on CIS think he is Earl Campbell, AD, Derrick Henry, Eddie George etc

Lisfranc is very difficult surgery to come back from, many atheletes don't recover very well. So, I would slow down the expectations for Gus.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richt just said today Gus wasn't finishing runs like he was supposed too but is improving. This is year 4 for him and he still don't know how to consistently run like a 240 pound rb.

Richt says he has talent doesn't finish runs tho. At this point...
it sounds like he's behind Yearby and Walton. I think Gus may have picked up where he left off....to be our work horse he needs to run with more purpose! IMO

Advertisement
You know Vern I'm beginning to think that you might be gus' kinfolk. I can admit that gus is much better than I previously thought but you been pumping the gus movement before there was a legit reason to.

Running back is one of the few positions you know what to expect early on. Gus hasn't shown anything to date that should make anyone believe he's anything but an oversized running back who should've played fullback all along. BK's comments aren't all that great either. He's basically saying they'll have to find out how to use him as what they're currently doing doesn't suit him. Richt said the same thing any astute observer has said from day one about Gus.

Advertisement

Jimbo and every other coach besides Al Golden said Fullback. Okay DBC :dbc-head3:
oh my god I'm so offended, you sir are you mighty key board warrior

I don't see a keyboard warrior anywhere.Chill DBC
can someone tell me who DBC is?? Maybe then I'll be offended by King dyck sucker over here

Tell me Dyck sucker, does an RB who averaged 5.1 yards per carry his freshman year and 5.7 his sophomore year ??

I'll patiently await your response

Name calling already already DBC? Real Tuff keyboard warrior

Yearby averaged 5.9 YPC his freshman year behind Duke and ahead of Gus. Maybe you were inside the bear during that time but try a little harder

Jimbo and every other coach besides Al Golden said Fullback. Okay DBC :dbc-head3:
oh my god I'm so offended, you sir are you mighty key board warrior

I don't see a keyboard warrior anywhere.Chill DBC
can someone tell me who DBC is?? Maybe then I'll be offended by King dyck sucker over here

Tell me Dyck sucker, does an RB who averaged 5.1 yards per carry his freshman year and 5.7 his sophomore year ??

I'll patiently await your response

Name calling already already DBC? Real Tuff keyboard warrior

Yearby averaged 5.9 YPC his freshman year behind Duke and ahead of Gus. Maybe you were inside the bear during that time but try a little harder
I still don't know who DBC is...

Advertisement
Back