Another "Tips and suggestions thread" Traveling to Fort Myers

Here is your pizza joint. My understanding is this is Indiana style, the square pepperoni.

Attachments

• 20190804_114901.jpg
    20190804_114901.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190804_120745.jpg
    20190804_120745.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Spent a lot of time on Cabbage Key. Know the family who owns that and Tarpon Lodge. Cabbage Key is great if you dont mind sitting in the cottage and not doing much. Otherwise kind of boring besides the restaurant and bar there.

Between the two Sanibel/Captiva light years better than FM Beach. If you do go to FM beach, go further down south closer to Bonita. It got way too commercial and trashy towards the overpass (see Lani Kai as prime example)

Advertisement
Close to South Seas...I was working there when it was Shot...

Close to South Seas...I was working there when it was Shot...
Near Rauschenberg's place? We used to do a lot of commercials as well down there and we would always end up staying at the south seas because they could accommodate a large group of people. A beach is a beach in Florida but so many advertising company people form NY and their clients would always want to work on Captiva. It always seemed to take more days of work than it should have, because they would always bring their families down on a paid vacation. The clients and advertising companies never had a problem paying the extra money.

Near Rauschenberg's place? We used to do a lot of commercials as well down there and we would always end up staying at the south seas because they could accommodate a large group of people. A beach is a beach in Florida but so many advertising company people form NY and their clients would always want to work on Captiva. It always seemed to take more days of work than it should have, because they would always bring their families down on a paid vacation. The clients and advertising companies never had a problem paying the extra money.
Yeah...near it...Not far from Lloyd Wright's incredible home....he was a Part owner of Tween Waters and extremely Wealthy....I Chefed many private functions at his home....The vegatation on his property was from all over the world....Passed away many yrs ago...but was extremely good to me....

I'm going to be In Ft. Myers in October for an adult baseball tournament. Very nice place in October. We usually stay in Cape Coral and play our games in Hammond or Jet Blue stadium. Along with Terry Park and PDC park. It's a great time if you enjoy baseball.

I'm going to be In Ft. Myers in October for an adult baseball tournament. Very nice place in October. We usually stay in Cape Coral and play our games in Hammond or Jet Blue stadium. Along with Terry Park and PDC park. It's a great time if you enjoy baseball.

Cape Coral is a hike from Jet Blue. Lots of places closer and nicer than that. Especially a little down south closer to FGCU

Advertisement
Never been to that part of Florida and the cheapest tickets from Chicago were to there so I thought... ... why not. Also want to see Sanibel Island.

Any tips and suggestions on what to do and where to eat? All suggestions are welcome.
(Heading out there in October.)
Enjoy your quarantine time.

Advertisement
Back