Another PWO - WR from Gibbons

Advertisement
Our fans man… Especially when it’s been put out numerous times that these young men and their families come on this site…

Props to the this kid committing as a PWO. He more than likely could’ve gone elsewhere (smaller school) and not pay a dime for college, yet he chooses to commit to Miami to fight for a spot. Hope he and the other walk-ons do fantastic here, athletically and academically. As others have stated, quality walk-ons are important. Let’s see what they can do. Congrats and welcome kid.

Adding these type of kids are the building blocks of the foundation of the culture you want to instill. They will make the guys above them better through their hard work and effort.

I can appreciate the meaning behind this graphic, and I do generally agree with building a football team from the trenches out.
But the dude in Option A seems to be making catches against air. Throw a blue-chip DB into the mix and the results may look different for that "Anybody" WR.

You can practice and play on Cobb. They only play once a week and you stagger games. Problem is most rosters have 50 players. Around 12 or so full scholarships. 90% are prep kids so money is really not a huge issue plus a lot of players are also on academic scholarships.

My son was going to play at USAFA but was set on UM.

Club team is going to be very good this year. Last year was first year back. Finish 5-3. Chris does not pull a quad against UCF they would have beaten FGCU to make the playoffs. Chris always guarded their best Attack.
Heard a rumor that the ACC was looking to expand. Unfortunately, the name I heard was FSU. My boy plays attack for his high school, no where near the All-state level. USAFA is my alma mater, is he still planning on attending?

Our fans man… Especially when it’s been put out numerous times that these young men and their families come on this site…

Props to the this kid committing as a PWO. He more than likely could’ve gone elsewhere (smaller school) and not pay a dime for college, yet he chooses to commit to Miami to fight for a spot. Hope he and the other walk-ons do fantastic here, athletically and academically. As others have stated, quality walk-ons are important. Let’s see what they can do. Congrats and welcome kid.

It takes zero effort to not post a smart-*** comment knocking a young man paying his own way to play for a program many of us love.
It takes minimal effort to simply type "welcome to the U!" and demonstrate the slightest bit of respect for the work and sacrifice that comes with his choice.

As fans, these decisions should be universally applauded.

Advertisement
Good luck to Patrick. Hope he comes in and works his tail off. Get himself better and pushing the guys ahead of him and the DBs he'll face as a scout team player

Heard a rumor that the ACC was looking to expand. Unfortunately, the name I heard was FSU. My boy plays attack for his high school, no where near the All-state level. USAFA is my alma mater, is he still planning on attending?
No, he turned down his appointment and took the Type 1 to go to Miami. Graduated in May and is waiting on his class date to Vance. UPT is so flipping backed up. It is probably going to be another 12 months before he goes. UFB.

Any senior highlights? I just found lax footage

good lax tape. good frame, very good athleticism, and equally comfortable in zone and man to man sets.

definitely moves more like a long stick middie than a defenseman. LSM is his natural position.

he's no jackson carver, and probably not a true D-1 kid, but maybe. he's a very nice player and college capable. maybe a recruit for a strong D-III program like a Middlebury, Williams or Washington & Lee. (subject to his academics)

Anyway, welcome to the U and congrats!

Last edited:
Advertisement
People like to say kids now days have no drive, no motivation, don’t do what it takes to succeed but then when a kid does something honorable those same people don’t commend it. Sending your kid to college in itself is a proud moment. I hope this kid succeeds
It worked out for Marshall Few, who walked on and earned a full scholarship. Marshall did AFROTC with my son. He is at CRO training as we speak. As a matter of fact, my avatar includes my son and his detachment friends. This is the game where my son called Marshall over when he was coming out at half time for a group picture and the crowd cheered Marshall when he ran over.

Long Stick Midfielder. My son was Second Team All-State as an LSM in Virginia. You can tell he is an LSM on first play. He lawn chairs the kid and after he pushes the ball upfield he heads for the sideline. They will rotate a shorty to replace him. He has perfect size to play LSM in college and good wheels. Marshall Few was a really good middie in high school. Obviously, Marshall was a quality walk-on before he got a full ride. Lacrosse is really underappreciated because it is primarily a prep school sport.

Miami should have both Men's and Women's lacrosse because the university is a natural draw from Atlantic and Northeast states where lacrosse is huge. Big rosters so not cheap but they could be excellent with any type of commitment. You could pull from STA and Gibbons which are very good.

don't get me started!

i had lunch with a BOT member last year and spent a half hour in detail why UM should have a lacrosse program!

good lax tape. good frame, very good athleticism, and equally comfortable in zone and man to man sets.

definitely moves more like a long stick middie than a defenseman. LSM is his natural position.

he's no jackson carver, and probably not a true D-1 kid, but maybe. he's a very nice player and college capable. maybe a recruit for a strong D-III program like a Middlebury, Williams or Washington & Lee. (subject to his academics)

p.s. Florida lacrosse is nowhere near the talent of the northeastern/atlantic, but at least it's not a sh*t show like it used to be. getting better, for sure.

Advertisement
p.s. Florida lacrosse is nowhere near the talent of the northeastern/atlantic, but at least it's not a sh*t show like it used to be. getting better, for sure.
STA is pretty darn good and can compete with the Atlantic/ Northeast preps.

I can appreciate the meaning behind this graphic, and I do generally agree with building a football team from the trenches out.
But the dude in Option A seems to be making catches against air. Throw a blue-chip DB into the mix and the results may look different for that "Anybody" WR.

His meta point stands regardless of the graphic. TVD couldn’t connect with the Playmaker lying on his back.

Advertisement
His meta point stands regardless of the graphic. TVD couldn’t connect with the Playmaker lying on his back.

Forget TVD... Dan Marino wouldn't connect with Irvin lying on his back. Keeping your QB uprights will always be critical.
But I'm sure Dan would also tell you it's a lot easier throwing to guys like Mark Clayton and Mark Duper than guys like Mark Pope. Especially when not throwing against air.

Besides, the biggest problem with the graphic is it present a false choice. Give me the 5* OL AND the 5* WR.

Middlebury and Williams are essentially small Ivy. Hopefully he brings that intellect

🙄

Wasn’t a factual statement, it was an opinion. Hence why I said sure.

I feel honored that I’m the guy you decide to come at in this thread.

You’re weird

Come at? Got a big head, there...

Don't be triggered, baby doll, it's not that complicated.

Advertisement
Back