Another PWO - WR from Gibbons

Advertisement
Our fans man… Especially when it’s been put out numerous times that these young men and their families come on this site…

Props to the this kid committing as a PWO. He more than likely could’ve gone elsewhere (smaller school) and not pay a dime for college, yet he chooses to commit to Miami to fight for a spot. Hope he and the other walk-ons do fantastic here, athletically and academically. As others have stated, quality walk-ons are important. Let’s see what they can do. Congrats and welcome kid.

Advertisement
Our fans man… Especially when it’s been put out numerous times that these young men and their families come on this site…

Props to the this kid committing as a PWO. He more than likely could’ve gone elsewhere (smaller school) and not pay a dime for college, yet he chooses to commit to Miami to fight for a spot. Hope he and the other walk-ons do fantastic here, athletically and academically. As others have stated, quality walk-ons are important. Let’s see what they can do. Congrats and welcome kid.
Well said! Awesome Post. Some of our fans man....

Kid is an excellent athlete. 6'2", 197 pounds, played QB initially and switched to WR his senior year. He can run, played lacrosse, stamina and also had a bench press of 285, pretty good for a WR. Bluestein had him in a special report last Summer ... "5 kids on the rise" or some such title. Played on a team that won their division in the state. These are the type players that I see Zo as helping evaluate. Upside, and might end up on scholarship.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does LSM mean?
Long Stick Midfielder. My son was Second Team All-State as an LSM in Virginia. You can tell he is an LSM on first play. He lawn chairs the kid and after he pushes the ball upfield he heads for the sideline. They will rotate a shorty to replace him. He has perfect size to play LSM in college and good wheels. Marshall Few was a really good middie in high school. Obviously, Marshall was a quality walk-on before he got a full ride. Lacrosse is really underappreciated because it is primarily a prep school sport.

Miami should have both Men's and Women's lacrosse because the university is a natural draw from Atlantic and Northeast states where lacrosse is huge. Big rosters so not cheap but they could be excellent with any type of commitment. You could pull from STA and Gibbons which are very good.

Last edited:
86553853-5D01-4A15-9AE1-795E5774FA2A.jpeg

Long Stick Midfielder. My son was Second Team All-State as an LSM in Virginia. You can tell he is an LSM on first play. He lawn chairs the kid and after he pushes the ball upfield he heads for the sideline. They will rotate a shorty to replace him. He has perfect size to play LSM in college and good wheels. Marshall Few was a really good middie in high school. Obviously, Marshall was a quality walk-on before he got a full ride. Lacrosse is really an underappreciated because it is primarily a prep school sport.

Miami should have both Men's and Women's lacrosse because the university is a natural draw from Atlantic and Northeast states where lacrosse is huge. Big rosters so not cheap but they could be excellent with any type of commitment. You could pull from STA and Gibbons which are very good.
Would be extremely easy to add too, only problem I can think of is there enough time available on the field to hold both

Advertisement
Would be extremely easy to add too, only problem I can think of is there enough time available on the field to hold both
You can practice and play on Cobb. They only play once a week and you stagger games. Problem is most rosters have 50 players. Around 12 or so full scholarships. 90% are prep kids so money is really not a huge issue plus a lot of players are also on academic scholarships.

My son was going to play at USAFA but was set on UM.

Club team is going to be very good this year. Last year was first year back. Finish 5-3. Chris does not pull a quad against UCF they would have beaten FGCU to make the playoffs. Chris always guarded their best Attack.

Kid does look like a very good athlete in those lacrosse highlights. Could be good special teams contributor.

Advertisement
Back