Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Hilarious,

I felt like this last year.....maybe even more. Yet Manny's still here.

I just don't underestimate the ability of the AD and BOTs to do nothing anymore

You guys act as if it's ONLY when you've had enough that changes will be made. Well, actually this "let's *** him up" mob has been waiting out here for Manny for over a year.

Last year made me a realist. This year is just more of the same.

You want to play these "Mommy I wish" games knock yourself out. Better yet try holding your breath till it happens....Nah don't do that it's suicide
Like I said...jaded. Either way let’s hope for best. That’s ok, isn’t it? LOL

Advertisement
Keep an eye out for Blake to try to save his own *** and firing manny, some straight up
wrasslin type baby face turn lol. Like he’s Mr bad cop now “ look guys I’m running this program , I have everything under control “.
I had a feeling this would be coming, like Coker and Soldinger/Kehoe.

Keep an eye out for Blake to try to save his own *** and firing manny, some straight up
wrasslin type baby face turn lol. Like he’s Mr bad cop now “ look guys I’m running this program , I have everything under control “.
Sounds like Blake is in survival of the fittest mode & is doing what he can to keep his cushy role of not doing anything.

The problem is her own UM bio. It makes her appear involved, even if she's not.

"She is the sport administrator for football, women’s basketball, soccer and women’s tennis."
"Strawley played a key role in the hiring of head football coach Mark Richt, serving on the selection committee."
Whoever is attempting to make y'all believe she's not involved in the day to day of the program is simply misleading y'all. She's very hands on.

Advertisement
I say it picks up even more, as he knows he is recruiting at highest level he can @ UO and has reached his ceiling there
If so, not a bad ceiling to have and one which I think many coaches would envy and love to have.
Out of curiosity I looked on "the other site" and his recruiting classes for the last 4 years from 2018 to 2021 were ranked 13, 7, 11. and 6; pretty impressive.
Plus he just beat Ohio State with his two star players [Flowe and Thibbedeaux] out.
Haven't been to the school but I hear that Phil Knight / Nike money helped in them getting some first class facilities; one of our top recruits actually said something to that effect recently.

Would he be able to recruit even better at the U?
That's a high standard to meet, but Cristobal is very personable [among other things] so who knows?

If so, not a bad ceiling to have and one which I think many coaches would envy and love to have.
Out of curiosity I looked on "the other site" and his recruiting classes for the last 4 years from 2018 to 2021 were ranked 13, 7, 11. and 6; pretty impressive.
Plus he just beat Ohio State with his two star players [Flowe and Thibbedeaux] out.
Haven't been to the school but I hear that Phil Knight / Nike money helped in them getting some first class facilities; one of our top recruits actually said something to that effect recently.

Would he be able to recruit even better at the U?
That's a high standard to meet, but Cristobal is very personable [among other things] so who knows?

Can argue whether the guy is a good coach or not, but he can recruit

Like I said...jaded. Either way let’s hope for best. That’s ok, isn’t it? LOL

Sure it is.

Call it whatever you wish. Doesn't bother me in the least but I won't join in that.

Read the last part I wrote. Have a good one

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can argue whether the guy is a good coach or not, but he can recruit
For the college game, if he can instill discipline, toughness and recruit, he will eventually Butch his way into the elite. He's already doing it now at a school that requires him to take a plane to just to speak with elite players. He hasn't only won at a high level, he just beat OSU at OSU and did so without looking like they just lucked into a victory.

If Miami fired Manny tomorrow it would only force Mario to avoid 'the Miami question' all season, a distraction for the team. He still needs to coach Oregon through the end of the season. He still wants to succeed this season.

Let the back channels work.

To paraphrase Bill Belichick, 'We're on to...2022'

Advertisement
So they met to discuss not firing anyone. But also that Mario will be the next coach.

Wonderful

If Miami fired Manny tomorrow it would only force Mario to answer 'the Miami question' all season, a distraction for the team. He still needs to coach Oregon through the end of the season. He still want to succeed this season.

Let the back channels work.

To quote Bill Belichick, 'We on to...2022'
As much as it sucks for us, this is absolutely true. If he is actually considering us, he can't just step aside at OU, prop his feet up and watch soaps whilst eating bon bons. It sucks, but we'll just have to put up with it.

Now, I do think we should unload Manny either after the UVA game or, at least by the UNC game, assuming we lose both - which I do assume that. We need to fire him once he has eliminated himself and the sooner the better. But, our best HC candidates are all busy coaching and we're just going to have to be patient.

As much as it sucks for us, this is absolutely true. If he is actually considering us, he can't just step aside at OU, prop his feet up and watch soaps whilst eating bon bons. It sucks, but we'll just have to put up with it.

Now, I do think we should unload Manny either after the UVA game or, at least by the UNC game, assuming we lose both - which I do assume that. We need to fire him once he has eliminated himself and the sooner the better. But, our best HC candidates are all busy coaching and we're just going to have to be patient.
Agreed. I posted Miami should rip off the band-aid and fire Manny Monday AM. The interim HC and remaining staff can use the Central Conn game as a warmup. It lets commits and recruits know there will be a change.

All the speculation does put Mario is in a tough position. No way around it except another extension from Oregon.

Advertisement
Dude, you're going to make this board explode.

I am aware that our board has bloated numbers, which likely leads to too many hands in a pot and lots of people with no clear purpose. But beyond that, I am not going to claim I know a great deal about them.

I see the name Strawley thrown out on this board a lot. Is anyone clear on her purported role, or actual role?
Head ******* In-Charge of Interpretive Dance and Associate Athletic Director

Advertisement
Back