Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Advertisement
He hasn’t lived in Florida for almost a decade…you know some people grow up, adapt and don’t need to move back home when they’re 50 and find success elsewhere

And some people decide to move back as their kids get older, they miss their family, and they make an adequate amount of money elsewhere. Particularly since the COVID era.

It definitely is but same time with the portal and recruiting Mario knows he could have us winning the coastal in his sleep

And I’m not even a huge Mario fan but man this division is trash
I'm in the same boat. I wasn't until all the misery we've been through. Especially after Manny's experiment, I'm a fan of so many coaches now..........what the name of that Michigan State coach?

Advertisement
Bingo.

There’s a reason I call the “ Nike money “ crew ignorant. They just say Nike and bags because of Phil Knight , like he’s dropping money on coaches and recruits lol. Oregon wasn't recruiting like this until Mario came onboard. If Oregon was so powerful coaches wouldnt keep leaving. They just cash in the buyout money and move on.

I'm sure he'll throw Mario some $ to stay, and Mario is savvy enough to get a lot more $ if he does want to stay. But let's act like Knight just writes blank checks to get or keep the coaches he wants.

People sometimes fail to realize what living in the Pacific NW is really like and how someone from South FL might not want that long term
I did not last long and I am from the northeast!

Im not saying the coaching is good its horrible and we should beat a MSU. But when u have a patch work OL that doesnt block and missed evals there u are done. U cant block anyone u are fuqed ask the giants.
Gaynor was getting destroyed on Saturday. At some point in time, I don't care if you are a leader and a smart kid, you need to look elsewhere. How can you run inside zone if you are pulling your guards and leaving your center on his own? He was one on one on pass pro at times and getting eaten alive. We do nothing to help our guys out either. Again, scheme and coaching. Michigan State did not have to respect the edge because we rarely if ever attack it. Stretch play? WTF is that?

The defensive tackles were very good on Saturday. McCloud and Johnson cannot contain the outside. As a matter of fact, McCloud is not explosive enough to beat a tackle unless he stunts, he cannot get off a block and he gets pushed to wherever the tackle wants to take him. Yes, Roberts might make redshirt freshman mistakes same with Williams, but how can neither be on the field getting 70% of the reps? They are bigger and more athletic. That my friend is coaching to your weaknesses.

Advertisement
Rebuilding for what? To win the Coastal? To win the conference? To make the playoffs? To win the national title?

How about first winning the Coastal? There is enough on the roster to do that if competently coached. Yes, it is a 5-year rebuild to get to a national title game. But we can win the conference within 2 to 3 years with 2 good classes and smart use of the portal and a well coached team.
To beat FIU. Let the program start with that benchmark.

For ***** & giggles I'll respond than. I'll say said billionaire in said hypothetical DOES exist. Is very vexxed right now with state of program... Same said billionaire was more than willing to take on same role before Mandy swooped in like a thief in the night. Lastly I spoke with him two weeks ago... We have his attention.
Encouraging to hear. My question would then be are there others - namely BOT members and decision makers - that would support said billionaires efforts?

If I may ask another question - the “him”you spoke to 2 weeks ago is?

It looks like the popular sentiment around the country is that Cristobal would leave Oregon for Miami (which is very surprising to me tbh).

Now it’s time for UM to do their part because, Mario or not, Manny ain’t it and Blake James is the worst P5 AD ever.

If we will be cheap again, we will have cheap results. It’s that simple.
These situations are where the disadvantage of being a school with 10k undergrads instead of 40-60k actually matters. Obviously, lots of $ comes from TV so the disadvantage is minimzed but contributor base makes a meaningful difference as supporters supplement salaries and help with buy outs.

And for the record, your trying to mock and shame anyone who had a different opinion of Manny and the upcoming season was much more obnoxious, longer lasting, and disruptive to the board. You would do well to talk less and listen more before trying to tell other people why their very valid points are wrong or irrelevant.

If anything I say, including a stupid off-season joke, has that much of an effect on your psyche, maybe it says a lot more about you than me dude.

Advertisement
Oregon just upped Mario's pay. If Miami wants him, it needs to pony up and be on the hook for a major buyout. Kind of like…FSU and Willie…

Advertisement
Theres a push for that from some bot members and boosters. Those are the two.

There’s also a group that likes Blake because of his fundraising. If they want Mario they’ll have to can Blake. At least that’s a start.
No matter how wealthy, people love having access. When you're friendly with the AD you get that.

Advertisement
Back