Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

I like Bruce as well, it wasn’t a personal comment. I just hear things then listen to people and I’m like this dude is full of **** lol. That’s why I finally stopped with the 247 and Cs pod s awhile ago

All good, sir. When it comes to UM, Bruce is like a Page Six gossip columnist. He writes up what he hears, and he prints his best guesses, but he's not the one who is actually out in the clubs with the UM players and coaches. He's occasionally correct, and that's good enough for the job he does.

Advertisement
I am aware that our board has bloated numbers, which likely leads to too many hands in a pot and lots of people with no clear purpose. But beyond that, I am not going to claim I know a great deal about them.

I see the name Strawley thrown out on this board a lot. Is anyone clear on her purported role, or actual role?

Advertisement
I agree with Roman Marciante (think thats his name) his last video on YT he said we dont have the horses to beat basic teams anymore and I agree 1000000 percent.
Respectfully disagree, we have more than enough horses to compete with the “basic teams”. We don’t have them to compete with the Bama’s, OSU, Clemson, Oregon, UGA, TAMU, LSU and I may even concede UF but only if my family’s life is in danger.

Our problem is the shïtty entitlement culture that Manny has presided over, with lack of competition and accountability while rewarding mediocrity. Assuming none of the young studs transfer out, I would argue Mario has us winning the Coastal his first year. Now winning the ACCCG and competing for a NC is a 3 to 4 year project as he develops the OL.

The guy is out there for sure, but if your basis is recruits who change their minds on the hour, then that's on you. If you follow recruiting and take information, it's caveat emptor if you think it can't change. It's not like he was an idiot with his head in the ground thinking Manny was going to go 15-0, 14-1 or any respectable record.

Notice I didn’t start a thread ban betting everyone who dared to question my “prediction “

I'd strongly disagree. Class is loaded with talent. Only thing that could validate that is real program building classes begin with talent in the trenches. Other than Leonard who I've said since last year has a strong base to begin with but needs a bunch of coaching, the class lacks depth in that aspect. In all others very strong.
Talent and first round talent are two different things, who do u see for sure and say holy **** thats a top 25 pick?

Notice I didn’t start a thread ban betting everyone who dared to question my “prediction “
Like I said, the guy is out there but clearly knows information. Perhaps gets a little over-exuberant in sharing it and standing behind it. Frankly, ban bets are stupid and achieve nothing. Great, some information wasn't correct. Move along. It's not like the guy told you to mortgage your house and invest with his friend Bernie.

Advertisement
I am aware that our board has bloated numbers, which likely leads to too many hands in a pot and lots of people with no clear purpose. But beyond that, I am not going to claim I know a great deal about them.

I see the name Strawley thrown out on this board a lot. Is anyone clear on her purported role, or actual role?

She's just the AAD. And for all the He-Man-Woman-Haters Club members, it may come as a shock to find out that we have women's sports as well. So a female AAD is not the most outrageous thing in the world, plenty of schools have them.

The vast majority of our porsters can't name a single other AAD in the past 40 years, except possibly Beta Blake before he became AD.

She should be fired because she is a Beta Blake lackey, not because of any particular thing she has done or failed to do.

Has no role, actual or purported, in any of Beta Blake's disastrous decisions, except for doing exactly as he tells her to do.

For shyts and giggles - because that’s what all the speculation is here - let’s say a billionaire close to the program is willing to fork over the big bucks to lure Mario “home.” Probably looking at 20M year one - 9M buyout, 6-7M for Mario’s salary and another 4-5M for staff salaries. 20M for a billionaire is like pocket change to us mere mortals.

So the financial side is covered. So the real question remains does Mario want to come home? IDGAF who you are, there’s ONLY 2 people that can answer that question - Mario and his wife.

Here’s my last question - when was the last time anyone here talked to Mario? I’ll wait.

with the right people involved, and others expunged -- yes

Horses ? That’s a stupid comment if he said it , we have horrible coaching with good talent. Which makes good talent average to above average. People talk about stars but sleep on coaching. The best staffs “ coaching “ mixed with talent wins. We have more talent than anyone in the coastal and will likely lose 5-6 games. The days of lining up and out talenting people is dead. Bama has the best talent , best coaching / scheming , best sc program and **** near double the money spent on football than the second team. We suck them off the they make the MLB look fair with the with the haves and have nots .
But even when they had an ancient offense they were still rolling people. Teams were already spread acclimated during that time. I think we have good talent but top heavy first round type tough to say right now.

Advertisement
You think we collapsed in a 17-14 game because of lack of horses? Borregales misses a 27-yarder to tie the game at 10-10 and I look at my son and said watch Michigan State march right down the field and score. It is what a Diaz led team does.

Do we have enough talent to overcome bad coaching against basic teams? No, but there is no excuse for the untimely penalties, turnovers, alignment issues and kids constantly out of position. Our personnel packages are just plain wrong. I could go on and on and on.

Is there a more poorly coached team within the P5? Maybe FSU.
Im not saying the coaching is good its horrible and we should beat a MSU. But when u have a patch work OL that doesnt block and missed evals there u are done. U cant block anyone u are fuqed ask the giants.

And for the record, your trying to mock and shame anyone who had a different opinion of Manny and the upcoming season was much more obnoxious, longer lasting, and disruptive to the board. You would do well to talk less and listen more before trying to tell other people why their very valid points are wrong or irrelevant.

Advertisement
^^^ THIS!!^^^^

We simply can't compete in this battle.

While we're scouring the floors and bathroom stalls of Miami scratching for pennies (Remember it took forever and moving heaven and earth trying to come up with the final 1million for the indoor facility? ...so gimme a break)

Knight can pull millions out of his back pocket anyday of the week and even more on Sundays.

Move on to someone else

Yes, just like Knight was able to keep Chip Kelly there and keep Willie from leaving after Year 1. Nobody is able to tell Phil Knight no

Salt

It's quite simple. I'm just a realistic ****.

Let's swing back on this in a couple of months while Manny is telling us how good we're going to be next year and discuss this.

IF YOU'RE REALISTIC you'll accept the fact that it's FAR MORE PLAUSIBLE that Manny will still be here still spreading his BS.......than Mario EVER coming here.

I'm putting it out there now.... Mario will not be our HC anytime soon no matter how hard we wish or pray. I sincerely pray I'm wrong but I doubt it

But dreamon

No, I don't think so. It's apparent to me you are a jaded dude given your Manny quip. Looking at the situation objectively, Manny has made it toxic right now. Barring some quasi miraculous turnaround, he is toast. No way he stays given how much the well has been poisoned. This has nothing to do with Mario. But if you think there is a better chance Manny stays under current circumstances, that is not being realistic at all!

Mario may or may not come. It certainly is plausible he would given certain things happen (like Blake stepping down for one and support from BOT and potential donors). I don't need to rehash the pro-argument for Mario that has already been posted. You may be right, but the degree of certainty you have is more wish fulfillment on your part than you care to realize.

Yes, just like Knight was able to keep Chip Kelly there and keep Willie from leaving after Year 1. Nobody is able to tell Phil Knight no
Bingo.

There’s a reason I call the “ Nike money “ crew ignorant. They just say Nike and bags because of Phil Knight , like he’s dropping money on coaches and recruits lol. Oregon wasn't recruiting like this until Mario came onboard. If Oregon was so powerful coaches wouldnt keep leaving. They just cash in the buyout money and move on.

He hasn’t lived in Florida for almost a decade…you know some people grow up, adapt and don’t need to move back home when they’re 50 and find success elsewhere

Yeah, and some of those people didnt play football and win championships at the school back home either. Let's compare apples to apples here

Advertisement
Back