Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Stop listening to people who say this CAN’T happen. It absolutely can.

There is a clear difference here between can’t and won’t. Miami CAN afford Mario. It just takes a commitment. Mario CAN be pried out of there. This isn’t some long-term destination for him. He’s not retiring in Eugene. But the question is WANT. Does Miami WANT to reach that deep into the pockets? If so, does Mario WANT to come home? If the answers to both of those questions are “yes”, then this CAN happen.
My question is, if you’re willing to shell out so much money for Mario, who would be better than Mario to throw all that money to. If we’re talking buyouts etc. The total of that amount would be insane and can basically net you almost any coach in the country. So why not go after the big dogs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My question is, if you’re willing to shell out so much money for Mario, who would be better than Mario to throw all that money to. If we’re talking buyouts etc. The total of that amount would be insane and can basically net you almost any coach in the country. So why not go after the big dogs.

Not all big dogs may even want to come or may have some baggage with them that are risky. Mario just has some built in plusses some of these other guys will not have. He is already showing what he can do at Oregon in a large stage with an admin that is willing to support the football program.

Mr. 15-0 has no business running his mouth ever again....Lol about learning my lesson...
I want to see what he says because that’s a bit of an accusation. He’s literally lying about you to discredit you. That’s not cool.

Not all big dogs may even want to come or may have some baggage with them that are risky. Mario just has some built in plusses some of these other guys will not have. He is already showing what he can do at Oregon in a large stage with an admin that is willing to support the football program.
I know that hiring him would mean the admin will support football and would be good for us. Maybe he is what we need in order to get the Admin to get their heads out their a$$

Advertisement
Curious. Who do you believe are the "big dogs" we should go after? IMO, although Miami has some advantages, it also has disadvantages that make it unattractive to what I would consider the proven, upper echelon coaches.

@SWFLHurricane - You are wearing me out with possible good news
nbc police GIF

He can't...cause I never said it...tell his dumb *** to bet there wasn't a BOT meeting with Ray Ray present..
Does anyone honestly think the BOT is listening to ray lewis’ opinion and making decisions based on his input? I know our fans have ragers over past players but it’s about the same as the influence Ed reed has over our football program, and he has an actual role and title

Advertisement
My response to the second group would be that bringing in someone like Alonzo Highsmith will likely NOT hurt your fundraising efforts. In fact, I would argue that he would be able to bring in donations from sources Blake has no entree to.

I think the real question is does AH want a football focused job only or is he interested in taking on the full scope of AD duties. If it’s the first thing, perhaps he becomes an independent entity with responsibility for ALL of football activities, reporting to the President or BOT and NOT blake James. James can stay and simply carryon with the rest of his responsibilities. It’s a different kind of arrangement but Miami presents a different kind of challenge.

All of these things hinge on what the BOT /Admin decide about the importance of football
All of the other sports are going down hill under his watch. He must go no matter what. Complete cleansing & restart of all sports programs.

Advertisement
If you bring Pep in, a Saudi oil prince would have to be named as the next UM president, to bankroll his moves. Anyway, i’d be shocked if UM got Mario here, unless there were changes at the top to do the deal.
Please give me a NIL deal from one of the Gulf states.

Advertisement
Back