Another OT:SNL

1579445553088.png

Advertisement
Does anyone actually enjoy this show anymore? Just put on for first time in a long time and it’s awful. Only thing that kept me was JLo fine ***...
Good luck kiddo; Like you would have any chance what so ever. I don't care to know myself - she might have a verified social media nick name.

No. Too POLITICAL. BALDWIN is lucky to still breath. Gettin fat by the second and still has not moved to Canada.
Go figure. I hope you have feminine features, probably.. I agree its a comedic relief show; I've never watched the show ever - besides what they show on the morning/evening news when they have nothing else to broadcast.

I just googled it.. I myself as a man, I know I would never ever; End a rant just slandering another mans physical appearance. Plus your entire sentence is being a negative person, that you end up mad over another dudes physical looks so he should move out of country and become a Canadian citizen - oh boy.

You should tweet at him and make a deal with baldwin / Truth or dare - perhaps

I watch the YouTube videos sometimes.

Don't know which year the skits are from, but there are some good ones.

Kate McKinnon and Kenan Thompson seem to be about the best at the moment.

Never as good as MadTV, for example, but it's okay at times.

Advertisement

Rob Schneider doesn't vaccinate his kids, and had the nerve to try to use the Nuremberg Laws as justification for his stance. No, I'm not joking, this idiot thinks that those laws are still on the books, and valid. That's all you need to know about Rob. He's an idiot that happened to ride Adam Sandler's coattails for a little while, until people realized that he's only funny in cameo roles, and can't carry a movie if his life depended on it(Deuce Biggalo nonwithstanding)

It's amazing how when SNL makes fun of liberal politicians, people don't care, but when conservatives are lampooned, the true snowflakes come out to whine. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, the entire "Snowflake" argument is the ultimate case of projection. Obama was made fun of consistently by people, he managed to laugh along, but a billionaire(Theoretically), that's married to a supermodel is up on Twitter at 2AM having arguments with random people when his feelings are hurt. If that's not being triggered, I don't know what is.

Now, back to the topic at hand. SNL is what it's been for decades: Uneven. There are episodes where **** near every skit is good, there are episodes in which there isn't anything funny at all, and in most cases, it's a mix. A lot of it depends on the guest, and what's going on in the world. During the Obama Administration, the political skits were mediocre, because Obama was a tough guy to make fun of. He's not comically stiff like Gore or Bush Sr., he's just there. Guys like Clinton, Bush Jr. and Reagan had personality traits that made them easy targets. Trump on the other hand is a walking punchline, because you could literally air his actual speeches, and you'd think that it was a parody. It's similar to Sarah Palin, they didn't have to work hard to make her hilarious, she was that because we could all see that she was a moron, that thought highly of herself.

Last edited:
My favorite one was either the Chippendales dance off or when he went insane after someone served him coffee crystals.

"WHy....YOu SoN OF A *****. YOUNoGOODSonOFABITCH! YOU LIED TO ME!"

I don't know, I thought that ' living in a van down by the river' wasn't too bad

Rob Schneider doesn't vaccinate his kids, and had the nerve to try to use the Nuremberg Laws as justification for his stance. No, I'm not joking, this idiot thinks that those laws are still on the books, and valid. That's all you need to know about Rob. He's an idiot that happened to ride Adam Sandler's coattails for a little while, until people realized that he's only funny in cameo roles, and can't carry a movie if his life depended on it(Deuce Biggalo nonwithstanding)

It's amazing how when SNL makes fun of liberal politicians, people don't care, but when conservatives are lampooned, the true snowflakes come out to whine. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, the entire "Snowflake" argument is the ultimate case of projection. Obama was made fun of consistently by people, he managed to laugh along, but a billionaire(Theoretically), that's married to a supermodel is up on Twitter at 2AM having arguments with random people when his feelings are hurt. If that's not being triggered, I don't know what is.
SNL used to divy out political humor fairly inoculously. Clinton stopping his run for a burger, Bush "not nonna do it", Ford tripping, etc.. Todays SNL is not the "always been political" . Its 95% trashing Trump and not very funny at all. Baldwin is filled with hate for Trump and it shows. Not a huge Snyder fan but his quote above is spot on.

People who use the word snowflake are dip****s 99% of the time and are generally exactly what they're trying to make fun of (political sensitivity)

Advertisement
SNL used to divy out political humor fairly inoculously. Clinton stopping his run for a burger, Bush "not nonna do it", Ford tripping, etc.. Todays SNL is not the "always been political" . Its 95% trashing Trump and not very funny at all. Baldwin is filled with hate for Trump and it shows. Not a huge Snyder fan but his quote above is spot on.

They went dark with Reagan on multiple occasions, supposing during Iran-Contra that he was conning us all, that he wasn't some harmless old man, that he knew full well what his government was doing. Like I said before, they've made fun of politicians across the board in numerous ways, but this time, because they dare pick on the Lord Emperor, people lose their minds. Then again, Trump's movement is extremely similar to a cult, so I'm not shocked that any criticism whatsoever would be greeted with this attitude.

You must've missed the Clinton years of SNL (which funnily enough is when Deuce Bigalow was on SNL), then. If you think they're going at Trump, you should see how they went at Clinton then. ****, Chevy Chase all but ended Geral d Ford.

No matter who played Trump, people will just say its hate filled and mean. When has he ever laughed at himself ? It plays into his narrative that everyone is out to get him and his supporters.

I do agree it's not very funny. Like Baldwins appearances are uncomfortably flat and stale.

Its forgivable tho. Colin Jost is one of the head writer now and hes probably too busy banging Scarlett Johanson when she lets him. Cant say I blame him for being distracted.

Advertisement
You call this cast overboard with diversity ?!?!?

There's a couple of those awful coloreds, one of which only appears in one skit every week. You can't say with a straight face that Kenan shouldn't be there, Che is legit. Ego and Chris are rarely seen, they should be featured players, they aren't really on cast like that. When you hear "Too much diversity", you know what kind of person you are dealing with.

Good luck kiddo; Like you would have any chance what so ever. I don't care to know myself - she might have a verified social media nick name.

Go figure. I hope you have feminine features, probably.. I agree its a comedic relief show; I've never watched the show ever - besides what they show on the morning/evening news when they have nothing else to broadcast.

I just googled it.. I myself as a man, I know I would never ever; End a rant just slandering another mans physical appearance. Plus your entire sentence is being a negative person, that you end up mad over another dudes physical looks so he should move out of country and become a Canadian citizen - oh boy.

You should tweet at him and make a deal with baldwin / Truth or dare - perhaps

Somebody is off their meds.

Advertisement
Actually the Woody Harrelson as Joe Biden bit to begin the season was really good. And, if you paid attention, politically even handed. Weekend update has been solid for a couple of years now. Maybe more, but I quit watching for a long time and now just record and then focus on the cold intro, maybe the monologue, and then the Update.

Having said that, the Eddie Murphy reunion episode was the real deal.

politically even handed?? BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, yeah right

Weekend Update is the best segment most of the time. When they start pulling in side acts it sometimes sucks.

The show has passed it's time. BTW...Second City was always better than SNL

Now, back to the topic at hand. SNL is what it's been for decades: Uneven. There are episodes where **** near every skit is good, there are episodes in which there isn't anything funny at all, and in most cases, it's a mix. A lot of it depends on the guest, and what's going on in the world. During the Obama Administration, the political skits were mediocre, because Obama was a tough guy to make fun of. He's not comically stiff like Gore or Bush Sr., he's just there. Guys like Clinton, Bush Jr. and Reagan had personality traits that made them easy targets. Trump on the other hand is a walking punchline, because you could literally air his actual speeches, and you'd think that it was a parody. It's similar to Sarah Palin, they didn't have to work hard to make her hilarious, she was that because we could all see that she was a moron, that thought highly of herself.
Wow. Someone's triggered. Bless your heart.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back