Another Mark Walton arrest video

I never dismissed the idea of other possibilities. Many posts ago I simply suggested that CTE was a "likely explanation" for his clinical presentation and apparently that triggered a lot of people on here but, again, I have never dismissed other explanations such as other neurological conditions or psychiatric illness.

That said, this is not a case of Mark simply being an *******, spoiled, immature etc. I have decades of experience treating psychiatric illnesses. There is only one viable explanation for his clinical presentation and that is a serious and progressive brain disease. Let me be clear though. Just because there's a medical explanation for his actions does not mean he should not be held accountable for them. I think that notion is partly what has peeps all fired up.

Ted Bundy had antisocial personality disorder, which is in the DSM-5 (diagnostic manual for psychiatric conditions). By definition he had an underlying psychiatric illness yet he was still held accountable for his actions and was sentenced to death (Note: in NO way am I comparing Mark to Ted Bundy; it's just an example to show that people should still answer for their crimes even if it is determined that their crimes can be attributed to underlying neurological or psychiatric issues).

What is being held accountable? Jail? No one heare believes someone who is butchering people should be free to walk the streets.

There is a difference between evil and mental illness, but they are not mutually exclusive. Evil people see the world as it is, they just have a messed up way of interpreting it and acting on that information. People that are really sick have a difficult time separating the world inside their head from the real world.

We shouldn’t assume that they are one in the same or deal with them the same way. Our lust for “accountability” is a big reason our system is so impotent now. We
There are plenty of mentally ill people out there who are not getting the help they need. The hard part is how to fix that without stigmatizing and punishing. People won't voluntarily seek help if they think it's going to harm them in the long run.

Completely agree. It’s more than that though.

How do you admit to YOURSELF that you are not right in the head? How could you even recognize it when your cognitive functions are disrupted? Why is it left up to you when you have proven it can’t be?

Advertisement
It’s either mental illness or synthetic marijuana or another substance.
Cant say it is or isn’t cte but plenty of football players that have as much work load as Walton aren’t doing this.
But as a person that works in the ER I can 100% tell you that I see people on drugs and people with mental illness act like this every **** day.
Ive yet to see a 22 year old football player come to the ED acting like this who wasn’t either mentally I’ll or on drugs.

We can sit here and say that Walton likely has cte based in autopsy and brain mri/pet studies. But no way can anyone say that his cte is 100 the cause of him acting this way.

Last edited:
How do you admit to YOURSELF that you are not right in the head? How could you even recognize it when your cognitive functions are disrupted? Why is it left up to you when you have proven it can’t be?
Mental health is something that isn't considered at all until there's a problem. Maybe that needs to change.

I never dismissed the idea of other possibilities. Many posts ago I simply suggested that CTE was a "likely explanation" for his clinical presentation and apparently that triggered a lot of people on here but, again, I have never dismissed other explanations such as other neurological conditions or psychiatric illness.

That said, this is not a case of Mark simply being an *******, spoiled, immature etc. I have decades of experience treating psychiatric illnesses. There is only one viable explanation for his clinical presentation and that is a serious and progressive brain disease. Let me be clear though. Just because there's a medical explanation for his actions does not mean he should not be held accountable for them. I think that notion is partly what has peeps all fired up.

Ted Bundy had antisocial personality disorder, which is in the DSM-5 (diagnostic manual for psychiatric conditions). By definition he had an underlying psychiatric illness yet he was still held accountable for his actions and was sentenced to death (Note: in NO way am I comparing Mark to Ted Bundy; it's just an example to show that people should still answer for their crimes even if it is determined that their crimes can be attributed to underlying neurological or psychiatric issues).
The thing I think people are having a problem with, is that you just posted:

I never dismissed the idea of other possibilities
That said, this is not a case of
Mark simply being an *******, spoiled, immature etc.
There is only one viable explanation for his clinical presentation and that is a serious and progressive brain disease.

So you're saying you're not dismissive of other possibilities, but then immediately dismiss other possibilities, and say serious progressive brain disease is "the only" explanation. That doesn't sound like you're open to any other possibilities.

I have no doubt you're very smart and qualified in this field. But I'm assuming you haven't spoken to or treated Walton in the last year, correct?

What I think people are having a problem with (myself included) - is how are you or any medical expert able to make such a certain "serious and progressive brain disease" diagnosis solely based on an arrest video?

I like how everyone assumes they know him. Maybe he's got a mental illness or maybe he's an immature self-centered a hole. He came down there to kick some *** cuz he got disrespected on the phone. Suddenly that makes him a nutcase? All I know for sure is he got out pizza'ed by the Hut.

Advertisement
The thing I think people are having a problem with, is that you just posted:

I never dismissed the idea of other possibilities
That said, this is not a case of
Mark simply being an *******, spoiled, immature etc.
There is only one viable explanation for his clinical presentation and that is a serious and progressive brain disease.

So you're saying you're not dismissive of other possibilities, but then immediately dismiss other possibilities, and say serious progressive brain disease is "the only" explanation. That doesn't sound like you're open to any other possibilities.

I have no doubt you're very smart and qualified in this field. But I'm assuming you haven't spoken to or treated Walton in the last year, correct?

What I think people are having a problem with (myself included) - is how are you or any medical expert able to make such a certain "serious and progressive brain disease" diagnosis solely based on an arrest video?
When I said I never dismissed the idea of other possibilities what I meant is that I never dismissed the possibility of other neurological conditions (i.e. other than CTE) or psychiatric illness (it could also be substance use related but that too is a psychiatric illness). I'm just not sure about the other possibilities that you're referring to. You haven't given me any alternate explanations to explain his behavior. Provide me some and we can discuss. Some of the ones I've seen on here, which I've already mentioned, include him just being a ****, immature, spoiled etc. If those are the possibilities you're referring to, well then I guess you're right, I do dismiss them.

So, while I can't be certain about his exact diagnosis, I do feel quite certain his clinical presentation is best explained by a neurological condition. Your question is valid about why I think this is case. I addressed this a few posts back when I detailed the clinical criteria for CTE, which includes progressive cognitive impairment and/or neurobehavioral dysregulation including explosiveness, impulsivity, rage, violent outbursts, and emotional lability (i.e. mood swing). In the video it seems to me that Mark meets all of these criteria.

There is also something called clinical intuition, which clinicians frequently rely on. After treating hundreds of individuals with mild to serious mental illnesses, including very violent men (I worked for a time in a medium-security prison), you develop a sixth sense about these things. I hope that I will be proven wrong and that Mark "turns his life around", or some other platitude that alludes to him finally getting it, but I doubt it.

If you were any kind of a decent medical professional you wouldn’t be diagnosing somebody on the Internet, especially with such spotty information, and especially with a disease that people who are experts rarely, if ever, diagnose in the living.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. It’s pathetic how you keep clinging to your internet, I read 2 paragraphs and saw a video, diagnosis.

It’s literally ghoulish and bizarre, you internet quack.

Let it go, Lance.
"Let it go, Lance" - clever. You'd like that wouldn't you, only it's not going to happen.

Let me see, at first I was a "dope on the internet" (definitely NOT a medical professional). Now, according to you, I am a medical professional but an "internet quack". Make up your mind, fool.

There are posters here who are generally curious and interested in this topic who have asked thoughtful questions and provided sound opinions. You on the other hand have offered nothing substantive because you have nothing substantive to offer. Rather you spew ad-hominem attacks, strawman arguments and whatever this is - "Game. Set. Match".

You're a child; a pseudo-intellectual hack with deep insecurities who resorts to bullying to protect his fragile ego.

Kick rocks, weirdo.

Advertisement
You have no idea what your talking about. I said it's not perfect but it is controlled which is something he needs. The best option is a residential treatment facility however goodluck with that unless he is compliant and voluntarily going, which I bet he's neither, it's going to be a long road to get him into one.

The worse thing for him at this time is having the freedom to make his own decisions. His mind is clouded by drugs, a mental illness, or both.

You guys just talk to talk, either you have an agenda or your just blinded by the lies you see on social media or the news but I'm experiencing this right now with one of my childhood friends. Your right I want him locked up but it's because he's eventually gonna make a decision that's either gonna get him or someone else killed.

What are you gonna say then? Sorry I'd rather him be locked up then have him dead or create another victim.
What are you talking about? What social media or news? Funny how you say I have no idea what Im talking about like you know me and who/what I deal with.

If he does something that egregious then Im going to say he needs to be in jail. Until then Im going to say he needs help which he wont get in jail. Throwing him in jail for the sake of preventing future crimes is Minority Report ****.

"Let it go, Lance" - clever. You'd like that wouldn't you, only it's not going to happen.

Let me see, at first I was a "dope on the internet" (definitely NOT a medical professional). Now, according to you, I am a medical professional but an "internet quack". Make up your mind, fool.

There are posters here who are generally curious and interested in this topic who have asked thoughtful questions and provided sound opinions. You on the other hand have offered nothing substantive because you have nothing substantive to offer. Rather you spew ad-hominem attacks, strawman arguments and whatever this is - "Game. Set. Match".

You're a child; a pseudo-intellectual hack with deep insecurities who resorts to bullying to protect his fragile ego.

Kick rocks, weirdo.

I don’t know what you are, I didn’t call you a medical professional.

But I know one thing, experts in this particular field wouldn’t be saying the things that you’ve said about this particular situation, and they wouldn’t be making a diagnosis over the Internet. But apparently you’ve put a great likelihood on this being CTE related when no one can say that at this time.

You decided to go climb that hill and say this was likely CTE, when you have no probability basis for making that determination. That has been the theme of my responses to you, which apparently you are having trouble understanding.

If anybody is trolling, it is you.

To assertively state that this is likely CTE is unscientific in the extreme. That has been my one and only theme.

Irving??...and what issues did Ray have??...because he hid a bloody shirt??....Ray and his entourage didn't start that fight...the other azzwipes did...
Did I really write "Irving" with a "g"?

tenor (2).gif

Advertisement
What are you talking about? What social media or news? Funny how you say I have no idea what Im talking about like you know me and who/what I deal with.

If he does something that egregious then Im going to say he needs to be in jail. Until then Im going to say he needs help which he wont get in jail. Throwing him in jail for the sake of preventing future crimes is Minority Report ****.
Is hitting a female egregious? Is dumping a firearm, running from police, and resisting arrest egregious? Is showing up at pizza place to beat somebody's *** egregious? Is knocking out his cousin infront of police egregious?

Your clown *** just wants to see a train wreck.

Last edited:
Is hitting a female egregious? Is dumping a firearm, running from police, and resisting arrest egregious? Is showing up at pizza place to beat somebody's *** egregious? Is knocking out his cousin infront of police egregious?

Your a clown *** just wants to see a train wreck.
It's beyond egregious that he was at Pizza Hut to begin with....

Advertisement
When I said I never dismissed the idea of other possibilities what I meant is that I never dismissed the possibility of other neurological conditions (i.e. other than CTE) or psychiatric illness (it could also be substance use related but that too is a psychiatric illness). I'm just not sure about the other possibilities that you're referring to. You haven't given me any alternate explanations to explain his behavior. Provide me some and we can discuss. Some of the ones I've seen on here, which I've already mentioned, include him just being a ****, immature, spoiled etc. If those are the possibilities you're referring to, well then I guess you're right, I do dismiss them.

So, while I can't be certain about his exact diagnosis, I do feel quite certain his clinical presentation is best explained by a neurological condition. Your question is valid about why I think this is case. I addressed this a few posts back when I detailed the clinical criteria for CTE, which includes progressive cognitive impairment and/or neurobehavioral dysregulation including explosiveness, impulsivity, rage, violent outbursts, and emotional lability (i.e. mood swing). In the video it seems to me that Mark meets all of these criteria.

There is also something called clinical intuition, which clinicians frequently rely on. After treating hundreds of individuals with mild to serious mental illnesses, including very violent men (I worked for a time in a medium-security prison), you develop a sixth sense about these things. I hope that I will be proven wrong and that Mark "turns his life around", or some other platitude that alludes to him finally getting it, but I doubt it.

2 Questions:

1) Is it common practice for you diagnose someone with a Neurological condition having never met them, asked them any questions, run any tests on them, etc. - just based on a 10 minute video of them getting arrested after they had been drinking?

2) if the answer to #1 is Yes, then your posts make more sense to me, but do you at least see how someone might feel that's a bit problematic?

I'm trying to stay in the middle here - but you make it difficult when you say things like "You haven't given me any alternate explanations to explain his behavior". I clearly asked you before.....

All of these seem like plausible reasons for Walton's behavior:

Depression/Mental/Emotional Health issues
Immaturity/Anger Issues
Just being a bad drunk & an *******

I mean - I've been around tons of dudes who behave irrationally, aggressively, unpredictably when they're drunk. **** - I've been that dude some nights.

To which you responded - "You make a good point about mental health issues being another likely factor".

So I've given you a laundry list of other possible explanations - but all you see is the mental health angle. So while you say you're open to other explanations - I don't really think you are. Which is fine - just don't keep saying you are if you're not.

Walton's arrests mirror his football career.

He beat up on G5 teams and didn't do sh^t against P5 & NFL teams.

He beat up his girlfriend and 130 lb cousin. Neither of which are going to press charges because they're family.

Walton's MO is to beat up on weaker opponents.

If a 6'5" 260 ln dude walked out of that Pizza Hut - Walton's "uncontrollable" rage would've gotten under control real quick.

Walton's arrests mirror his football career.

He beat up on G5 teams and didn't do sh^t against P5 & NFL teams.

He beat up his girlfriend and 130 lb cousin. Neither of which are going to press charges because they're family.

Walton's MO is to beat up on weaker opponents.

If a 6'5" 260 ln dude walked out of that Pizza Hut - Walton's "uncontrollable" rage would've gotten under control real quick.
Yet people continue the pity parade.

Last reply to you wasting time typing since you cant have a conversation like a man. I wouldnt even ball my fist up for you. This clown would slap tf out of you irl.

Butttttt im pretty sure Walton went through/going through the legal process for those crimes. If he receives jail time for something he did, so be it. You were talking putting him in jail for things he have not yet done.

Advertisement
Back