Another home town dude says adios to Diaz and Enos.

One with big fins in the background looks like my first car - old '59 Desoto. Thing was loaded way ahead of its time: power windows, seek n fine radio, rear A/C, six way power seat and five body trunk. Nothing work except the 383 engine but for a 16 year old that was all that mattered.
You must have had a Plymouth or Dodge....definitely Chrysler product.

Advertisement
Fins you say?
74677130_2628258783955138_8381333021185277952_n.png

Pretty sure it was Division of Chrysler at the time. Mostly I remember a huge 8 cylinder engine. It was about 9 years old when I got it. It came with an education. I gave my dad all the money I had saved for a car, about $600. It took me a year or two to realize it but there was no way it cost more than about $300. Apparently my dad charged big money for delivery. We were poor and dad had been disabled for a couple years so I am sure that was put to good use but it put a new flavor on one of my Dad's favorite sayings: "Boy, make money off your friends 'cause your enemies just won't deal with you."

Next car I went with dad and held onto the cash. He probably had some backroom deal that got some of my money but that time I got a cool car. 1970 Plymouth Fury with 440 cubic inch. Very, very fast.

Pretty sure it was Division of Chrysler at the time. Mostly I remember a huge 8 cylinder engine. It was about 9 years old when I got it. It came with an education. I gave my dad all the money I had saved for a car, about $600. It took me a year or two to realize it but there was no way it cost more than about $300. Apparently my dad charged big money for delivery. We were poor and dad had been disabled for a couple years so I am sure that was put to good use but it put a new flavor on one of my Dad's favorite sayings: "Boy, make money off your friends 'cause your enemies just won't deal with you."

Next car I went with dad and held onto the cash. He probably had some backroom deal that got some of my money but that time I got a cool car. 1970 Plymouth Fury with 440 cubic inch. Very, very fast.
Sounds like my younger days.....had a '67 SS 396 Chevelle and a '69 SS 350 Camaro.

Advertisement
Sounds like my younger days.....had a '67 SS 396 Chevelle and a '69 SS 350 Camaro.
Sweet. 60's were great for cars. I took down a Chevelle like yours with the Plymouth. Took me off the line but top end on that 440 was too much for him. Those were the das. I had 1980 L88 Vette and it was crap. Look good for the chicks but no power.

Advertisement
LOL at OP . We are replacing him with a more talented player tomorrow and Fleming was supposedly sorta a punk so who truly cares . The name of the game is get talent that are program guys , ie not cancers in the lockeroom and the staff is doing that it looks like . Zero complaints from me . This class at worst will be top 15 and at best top 5 either way that is getting the job done in year 1 of recruiting ( as coming in January last year doesn't count ) . And far more important then ranking is filling needs and we are doing that in spades .

If I done something wrong, and was given a choice between life in prison, and life in Nebraska - I'd have to sit down and really do some soul-searching.

Haha I beat a 400 GTO with my chevelle by 1/2 a car length.
that 396 was a beast, especially off the line. My guy made mistake of running longer race. If you know North Dade, we went from NW 27 ave to first exit after the big bend on Palmeto xway. He had until about halfway but I was on side on the road waiting for him at the end. My Plymouth was ex Fl State Trooper car and built out for sustained high speed. :) Today you probably can't find 200 feet of free road in Dade. But, next to the the Dodge Charger of that day and old two seat Tbird, the 396 Chevelle was my favorite.

Advertisement
The original Stonehenge is just a pile of rocks that was recreated in modern times. Been there twice, was not impressed. The nearby Salisbury Cathedral is magnificent yet receives no fanfare.
As a teenager went on maneuvers with army cadets on Salisbury plain, cold as f-ck but had fun kicking other cadets *** from other platoons when we captured one

Advertisement
Back