Another DT offered

Advertisement
Want, beast, would start next year, Cane lock, next elite DT at Miami, Jethro needs to come through on a JUCO DT. Well, I think I covered everything

I agree I want also as a back up plan C. If by fall a lot f UM's high ranked targets at off the board he should red shirt this year so he will have 3 years at UM, and graduate in Dec so he can be here for spring.
Since he attended prep school before Juco he is already matured.

http://varsityinsider.lohudblogs.com/2013/04/30/recruiting-update-calvin-heurtelou-earning-major-d-i-offers/

I am wondering if he is Nigerian .

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid is salty:

“I’m here because I never got recruited how I wanted to,” Heurtelou said. “I had no offers in high school so I ended up in prep school (Trinity-Pawling School). I was there in the class of 2012 and I didn’t get any offers either coming out. I contacted some junior colleges and I ended up here because the coach actually responded."

“It feels great getting offers now, I’ve been waiting for a long time,” Heurtelou said. “I never got an offer before in my life, everyone kept telling me I was going to end up playing Division II ball. It turned into a reality when I got my first offer on March 27th.”

“It’s still early but right now, Missouri is number one, Kansas State is number two, and Miami is number three,” Heurtelou said. “I haven’t visited any of these schools and I might end up waiting until the season starts. I want to take official visits for games so I can see the campus atmosphere with the fans and the players.”

“My coach told me Miami was going to offer and then it happened about two weeks ago,” Heurtelou said. “He had me give them a call and they had a full scholarship waiting. I was a little surprised but it was still cool. One part of me was happy and the other part didn’t know what to think. Where were they two years ago when I really wanted to go to Miami?”

“I know their past history and the current coaching staff has been in place about two years,” Heurtelou said. “Coach Franklin told me it’s a private school with about ten thousand kids. They have small classrooms and they’ll give you a great education. He told me a little about the campus and I need to see that for myself."

“I like being the aggressor who hits you in the mouth first rather than watching and reacting,” Heurtelou said. “I try to emulate Ndamukong Suh because he’s the best at that. I know he has a reputation for being dirty but outside of that, I look at him more for his playing style.”

Kid is salty:

“I’m here because I never got recruited how I wanted to,” Heurtelou said. “I had no offers in high school so I ended up in prep school (Trinity-Pawling School). I was there in the class of 2012 and I didn’t get any offers either coming out. I contacted some junior colleges and I ended up here because the coach actually responded."

“It feels great getting offers now, I’ve been waiting for a long time,” Heurtelou said. “I never got an offer before in my life, everyone kept telling me I was going to end up playing Division II ball. It turned into a reality when I got my first offer on March 27th.”

“It’s still early but right now, Missouri is number one, Kansas State is number two, and Miami is number three,” Heurtelou said. “I haven’t visited any of these schools and I might end up waiting until the season starts. I want to take official visits for games so I can see the campus atmosphere with the fans and the players.”

“My coach told me Miami was going to offer and then it happened about two weeks ago,” Heurtelou said. “He had me give them a call and they had a full scholarship waiting. I was a little surprised but it was still cool. One part of me was happy and the other part didn’t know what to think. Where were they two years ago when I really wanted to go to Miami?

“I know their past history and the current coaching staff has been in place about two years,” Heurtelou said. “Coach Franklin told me it’s a private school with about ten thousand kids. They have small classrooms and they’ll give you a great education. He told me a little about the campus and I need to see that for myself."

“I like being the aggressor who hits you in the mouth first rather than watching and reacting,” Heurtelou said. “I try to emulate Ndamukong Suh because he’s the best at that. I know he has a reputation for being dirty but outside of that, I look at him more for his playing style.”

Apparently not good enough then, hence the reason you had ZERO offers

Kid is salty:

“My coach told me Miami was going to offer and then it happened about two weeks ago,” Heurtelou said. “He had me give them a call and they had a full scholarship waiting. I was a little surprised but it was still cool. One part of me was happy and the other part didn’t know what to think. Where were they two years ago when I really wanted to go to Miami?

Apparently not good enough then, hence the reason you had ZERO offers

Exactly so it's no big deal we just have to be on him now

I'm actually just finishing up my last semester here at Scottsdale Community College myself. I have noticed over this past year that we seem to have some pretty talented ball players at this school, hope this kid gives the U it's proper consideration. If I had a better idea what his face looked like Id talk to him about it.

Advertisement
This dude is funny talking about where was UM 2 yrs ago, news flash KSU & Mizzu had the same staff also. Not to mention this dude was all county in HS not all state ( in a state not known for being a football power), so he needs ask himself if your not one of the 32 best dline players in your state at your position which includes the 1st, 2nd, .... 6th team selections that would get honorable mention, how can you have such an inflated ego.

http://www.roadtosyracuse.com/reference/all-state-2010-aa.shtml

I have been to spring valley, NY the football has traditionally been weak up there. Now cross the border into NJ and its a different story so those Valley kids are envious and tend to inflate their own egos. His highlights look good but here is thing his stats are a bit of a joke for someone with such a bug ego. Dude had 14 tackles and 2 sacks all season having played 8 games.

So let's see how things play out I am thinking its a non commit able verbal offer, more like a place holder just in case UM strikes out with a lot of others. Also this young man needs a little guidance through the process so he will be appreciative to the opportunities afford him after such a long road travelled.

Go Canes

Last edited:
I'm not worried about him being salty because apparently nobody offered him.

All that means is that whatever school gets him will get a player with a big *** chip on their shoulder.

Wow, how unfortunate? You went to JUCO because __________________ (no offers, grades etc.) and now after JUCO schools are interested and offering. Would you rather be enrolled in some crap school or have the opportunity to go D1 at a serious school.

According to this article
http://varsityinsider.lohudblogs.co...te-calvin-heurtelou-earning-major-d-i-offers/

"In his two years since graduating Spring Valley, Calvin Heurtelou has been a football nomad, spending a year at Trinity-Pawling and another at Scottsdale Community College in Arizona. He has added 45 pounds to his 6-foot-3 frame. All that work has begun to pay off.

The former all-county lineman at Spring Valley has blossomed into a 295-pound defensive tackle. His play and his talent has already earned him offers from Miami (Fla.) and Kansas State for 2014 and an offer from Texas State in 2013. He’s also received interest from Oregon and Michigan State."

We need 2 JUCOs (Robinson and Porter) and I would be fine with him being the second one.

I like the chip on his shoulder. However for some reason, I can't get silverlight to play on my system because of their last security breach so I'll have to wait till his highlights make it to YouTube.

Advertisement
QUOTE=dskilz3;1495838]I'm actually just finishing up my last semester here at Scottsdale Community College myself. I have noticed over this past year that we seem to have some pretty talented ball players at this school, hope this kid gives the U it's proper consideration. If I had a better idea what his face
looked like Id talk to him about it.[/QUOTE]

Google his name then click images and a few football pics pop up of him without his helmet.

Also share with him the story of the Ravens 3rd round draft pic who spent a summer literally hauling **** filled port-o-lets in order to make money, so he needs to be thankful for his opportunities.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...brandon-williams-goes-portable-135958683.html

Go Canes

Lol! You know buddy must be average if Paranos is doggin him! I agree with the poster who said this is a Plan B kid I would assume.

I don't think he ends up at Miami because of this reason in the bold text above as Miami employs the read & react defense now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really don't understand why every single DT recruit has some sort of insane personality. Does it happen at birth? Does it happen the second they are moved to DT full-time?

I really don't understand why every single DT recruit has some sort of insane personality. Does it happen at birth? Does it happen the second they are moved to DT full-time?

I guess when you are near 6'3'' 300 lbs interesting mental complexes arise. All the giants I know like that have never been pushed around by anybody and feel like they run ****.

That is an unfair and biased conjection. It has no merit. This kid just wants his chance to prove the whole wide world wrong. And yet you--

Wait. Hold on....

Nick Fairly wants you to come to Mr. Kong Suh's office for your face cleating.

Advertisement
Back