Another 2013 addition??

231.jpg

[video=youtube;tIdIqbv7SPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo[/video]

Advertisement
Kid isn't gonna be a walk on. Paranos is the worst. Yeah, a couple kids do it, most don't have the money to walk on at UM, especially not when there is a ship coming from another school. Golden giving him a fresh start. Stop w the stupid comments.

If in fact he enrolls , Golden and staff have done a great job of post recruting . This staff I'd pretty relentless!

This is the truth! Something previous staffs had absolutely NO clue about... Every chance Golden gets to upgrade, he does! He is the real deal boys...

Advertisement
Kid hasn't done anything wrong here yet. Give him a chance with short lease. Golden has proven he will cut kid quick and team has a lot of positive leadership to watch the kid. If we can insert a little nasty on D that is good and necessary. A little badass on Dline at practice would help make Oline nasty too--might help that run blocking. KC is bringing nasty next year, but it would be nice to get some on Oline NOW. They are big, strong and experienced; sprinkle some mean on top and boom Duke have 200 yard rushing games. I'm for it if the staff wants to chance it. As long as you don't buy the kid the beer, NCAA doesn't give a crap what he does with the bottle--well if he can return it for a nickel deposit it mgith get us another year bowl band.

Advertisement
replacement for Bond? I'll take it.
Could be and will have 4 yrs of eligibility. High risk and good reward potential.

High risk? Have u or anybody you have known got into a fight when you were younger? Do you consider yourself or those people troublemakers and a "high risk" to society? People are so quick to point the finger, it's ridiculous.

So AG would offer this kid a scholarship free and clear with no probationary period or way to hedge UM's bets. That would be a PR nightmare, this kid attacked a fellow teamate with a bottle in front of a ton of witnesses, how can AG who says we are molding young men defend bringing this kid in. Negative recruiting will be off the charts, unless this kid walks on at UM paying at least 1 year and stays clean, then AG can tell recruits this kid made a mistake then made amends for it.

Don't get me wrong I like the kids potential.

Here is an SBNation article with an account of what happened an it sounds premeditated on Suttles part which could be of concern.
http://www.cornnation.com/2013/6/27/4472412/Nebraska-huskers-suttles-brown-dismissal

Go Canes

Why do you feel that coach Golden has to put public restrictions on this kid? Its not like coach Golden and staff havent already proven they are willing to take kids who've made mistakes in life. Moreover, they've proven that if those kids dont maximize their second chance the staff will deal harshly with them (i.e.; dismiss them from the team).

Bring him in. Tell him he has a zero tolerance policy. It's his second chance to play at a big program. Don't **** it up.

Advertisement
ironically, golden took zach kane in at temple who had a similar situation. I think kane did a year at prep first though.

Advertisement
Pelini mentioned in an interview that expected him to be an immediate contributer, kid must be pretty **** legit.

We needed him a couple of years ago. There were quite a few of our players that needed busted in the head with a bottle.

Don't know about the rest of you BUT when I was his age i did stupid **** and got into fights. I matured and learned from my mistakes. EVERYONE deserves a second chance IMHO. I would be proud to see him come here and be a successful contributor to the city, university and team. If he dosen't do the right thing, than move forward without him. I think if the coaches talk to him and think he can do what they ask..... DO WANT. Go Canes #TrustAlGolden

FWIW I go to school with a friend who played with him in high school and he said he just signed with us.

Edit- Also said he is a hot head, but just made a bad decision.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back