Another 2013 addition??

Nebraska kid on 247 said suttles boy may be interested in miami as well now he is a cb amarni oruwariye.

Advertisement
If anything it would have to be as a walk on then if he stays clean could earn a scholarship for 2014. Sounds like a win win.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMJc9cefLCA[/video]

No, he would not be a walk on.

So AG would offer this kid a scholarship free and clear with no probationary period or way to hedge UM's bets. That would be a PR nightmare, this kid attacked a fellow teamate with a bottle in front of a ton of witnesses, how can AG who says we are molding young men defend bringing this kid in. Negative recruiting will be off the charts, unless this kid walks on at UM paying at least 1 year and stays clean, then AG can tell recruits this kid made a mistake then made amends for it.

Don't get me wrong I like the kids potential.

Here is an SBNation article with an account of what happened an it sounds premeditated on Suttles part which could be of concern.
http://www.cornnation.com/2013/6/27/4472412/Nebraska-huskers-suttles-brown-dismissal

Go Canes

Last edited:
this is ESPN write up of him
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-.../player/evaluation/_/id/171104/ernest-suttles

3 star #81DE

Suttles is a long lean defensive end prospect who could develop into a tough edge run defender. While he needs to continue to add more mass he does look to have a wiry build and good playing strength. He displays a solid get-off, but lacks great first-step quicks and the ability to be an up-field penetrating presence. What he can do well is fire out low and play with good pad level for a longer leaner kid & he demonstrates the ability to engage a blocker and uncoil and generate good power and stand opponents up. He flashes the ability to bring his hands and use his reach to separate, but needs to work to be more consistent with his hand usage. He is active along the line of scrimmage and is a good wrap-up tackler. Displays above average straight-line speed in pursuit, but runs up-right and demonstrates marginal ability to get quickly redirected. As a pass rusher can create pressure with a power rush and flashes the ability to be violent with his hands, but displays marginal ability to tightly bend back in towards the quarterback and while he can be a productive pass rusher his strength looks to be defending the run. Suttles displays some limitations, but his strengths can allow him to be a tough and active defender along the defensive line.

If anything it would have to be as a walk on then if he stays clean could earn a scholarship for 2014. Sounds like a win win.

So AG would offer this kid a scholarship free and clear with no probationary period or way to hedge UM's bets. That would be a PR nightmare, this kid attacked a fellow teamate with a bottle in front of a ton of witnesses, how can AG who says we are molding young men defend bringing this kid in. Negative recruiting will be off the charts, unless this kid walks on at UM paying at least 1 year and stays clean, then AG can tell recruits this kid made a mistake then made amends for it.

Go Canes

if other teams telling recruits that miami is getting the death penalty doesn't sway them away, I dont think taking a kid that made a mistake at a party will either

Go Canes

Man shut the **** up.

Advertisement

Go Canes

The lack of depth in this position forces you to take some chances this late in the game. I agree wit some stuff you said; my guess is that he would be on a very short leash.

Kid is a Terror at the DE spot, plays standing up and inside. Looks like a prototype for what we want to do on defense. Did we ever try to get him last cycle?

Anyway sign this kid up, he gets a second chance and if he screws it up its on him. With the way our Dline is we need to get on one of those lucky streaks that D$ talked about recently. Combine him, with AQM (hopefully) and Chad and in a year or so we dont combine for like 4 sacks between our starting ends. Kid causes a ton of fumbles too.

Did he enroll at Nebraska? Would he be able to play this year for us or have to sit out?

Advertisement

Go Canes

That's bs! These are kids 17 -18 years old. All kids make bad decisions. Some just get caught. If its constant problems, that's 1 thing. But 1 incident for a 17-18 year old? U take him with open arms. And how in the **** would it be a pr nightmare lol? How many college players do things more harsh then this every year, and only get a game or 2 suspension? Was UF's Lb Morrison even going to get a 1 game suspension after punching a bouncer? Well he got arrested a 2nd time in a month and got 2 games. Yet u think a 17 -18 year old freshman should be punished for a year for 1 mistake? That's crazy.

The only reason I say he wouldn't be a walk on is because I exchanged messages with his coach earlier this week and he told me that Ernest wanted to be a Cane and most likely would be as long as Miami had a scholarship for him.

If this happens would it affect trent harris decision? He will announce monday at 12pm between um,uf,osu.

If this happens would it affect trent harris decision? He will announce monday at 12pm between um,uf,osu.

I don't think so because Suttles would be available to play this season.

Edit: Actually, I don't know. He might not be eligible until 2014

Last edited:
Advertisement

Go Canes

Man shut the **** up.
Took the words right out of my mouth

The only reason I say he wouldn't be a walk on is because I exchanged messages with his coach earlier this week and he told me that Ernest wanted to be a Cane and most likely would be as long as Miami had a scholarship for him.

Not to mention that Miami is one of the most expensive schools in the country. It's a lot different than getting a pell grant, an seog grant, and a guaranteed student loan to walk on at fsu or florida, pay the cheap in state tuition, $300/month student ghetto rent, and meal plan.

The fact that he hit the guy with an empty bottle shows good judgement - it's a criminal to waste beer.

Besides, we need some players with a sheet.

Just good business, and maintains our image.

(No word on WHY - he could have had a good reason.)

Advertisement

Not to mention that Miami is one of the most expensive schools in the country. It's a lot different than getting a pell grant, an seog grant, and a guaranteed student loan to walk on at fsu or florida, pay the cheap in state tuition, $300/month student ghetto rent, and meal plan.

But yet plenty of walkon kids do it, also your forgetting unsubsidized loans, not to mention the kids would be taking just enough credits to qualify as a part time student which cheaper than taking the full time 15 credit load per semester.

But lets see what happens with Suttle, this also makes me wonder about All Big 10 DE transfer David Gilbert from Wisconsin and whether he is ready to play one last year of football for Miami.

potentially adding Suttle, Gilbert, and Derosier late will definitely make camp interesting in 2 weeks.

Go Canes

even if shuttles had to wait a year, thats fine let him get in the weight room and get stronger.

Dude is from Harlem, you ain't fighting with him, he'll broke your neck with anything he can find!

The fact that he hit the guy with an empty bottle shows good judgement - it's a criminal to waste beer.

Besides, we need some players with a sheet.

Just good business, and maintains our image.
(No word on WHY - he could have had a good reason.)

You kids have it rough. I remember growing up in the 70's and 80's getting into fights and brawls all the time and it was just kids being kids and letting off some steam. You know, normal Shiit that kids do. Now, if you act normal and get into a scrape people act like you are a problem kid and ready to unload in a movie theater. These are football players not captains of the chess team. Aggression and violence are attributes you want. Give me 85 kids who fight versus 85 who run away every time.

Advertisement
Back