announced attendance vs FIU

Advertisement
Tailgating was jammed but stands didn't fully cooperate.

Then when I looped the upper deck at halftime I could understand it. Jammed out there. I was stopping and weaving all the way around. No doubt many of those fans left the tailgating and merely resumed another version inside the stadium, never making it to their seats. It took so long I missed the opening kickoff of the third quarter

A year or two ago I could loop that deck at halftime in almost a straight uninterrupted line all the way around and make it back to my seat long before the teams reentered the field.

It was hot as balls out there.. there were thousands of people at the game watching it on the concession screens, especially in the 400s

looked like more people showed up for SS. Considering it was combining both of the schools in dade county, I was a bit more than disappointed. It was surely a full crowd back in 06/07 at the OB, or at least seemed like it.

Advertisement
About right. I was there and actually surprised how packed it was. Didn't see much FIU fans there for all the crap they talked on Twitter leading up to the game.

It looked like 50,000 on TV at the fullest. Honest question #1. Who cares. Honest question #2. Where there any FIU "fans?"

I wouldn't argue if you told me there was 46-50k actually inside the stadium during peak attendance early in that game. It was about 140 degrees in the sun and (as has been established) there was a very large contingent of concourse/club level dwellers.

These attendance threads (or at least some of the moves within them) are becoming tired. We haven't had ANYTHING to be embarrassed about now at that stadium in relation to butts in seats and paid attendance for at least 2 years now.

Tailgating was jammed but stands didn't fully cooperate.

Then when I looped the upper deck at halftime I could understand it. Jammed out there. I was stopping and weaving all the way around. No doubt many of those fans left the tailgating and merely resumed another version inside the stadium, never making it to their seats. It took so long I missed the opening kickoff of the third quarter

A year or two ago I could loop that deck at halftime in almost a straight uninterrupted line all the way around and make it back to my seat long before the teams reentered the field.

Are you me? I do the exact same thing whenever I'm at games and you're 100% right. I had no idea they were bringing out the 83 team, I would've stayed in my seat for it. The only areas I saw a lot of empty seats were the ones in the Northeast Corner aka FIU section that were in the sun for most of the game, those people were probably hanging around the concourses all game. Tailgating was absolutely packed and a lot of fun

Advertisement
Just under 60k sounds right. Upper deck in the shaded seats was completely full. Lower and upper deck facing the sun were not.

Advertisement
Back