Other Sports Angel Reece taunt

Advertisement

bf2.gif

Hot video! ... But taunting is not the same as celebrating with SWAG.
Hot video! ... But taunting is not the same as celebrating with SWAG.

You do realize the Miami Hurricanes were called Thugs for “taunting” don’t u? U also do realize that The Miami rule was specifically targeted against us for taunting as Texas players & fans took exception to Randle Hill shooting his Texas Shooters at Texas in a blow out.

Like, it’s ironic that fans of the brashest team in CFB history, notorious for taunting is now so soft shoulder. Maybe all this losing have cost us our identity of why we became the most hated team in America, while also becoming the most popular.

I’ll say it again, I had zero issues w/ the chit Caitlin did & I have zero issues w/ Reece giving her a dose of that same energy. Ppl acting like she called her a bytch or something. God I miss the good ole days.

Advertisement
Goes to show how ****** women’s basketball is when something like this is more of a headline than LSU winning it all.

Are you implying racism? From what I've seen, the Iowa girl flashed quickly the 'you can't see me' (at no one) while walking off the court during what looked to be a timeout. During the game. The LSU player involved herself in a prolonged taunt after the game in which the Iowa player was walking away, and repeatedly avoided confrontation. Apples and oranges. What gets me is how observers can't set aside biases and truthfully assess what happened without attempting to further preconceived agendas.
How did you feel about Larry bird? And be honest

How did you feel about Larry bird? And be honest
I was a Sixers fan. Big Dr. J fan, pre-Heat days. Couldn't stand Bird.
If you're referring to Bird's trash talk, I don't recall anything as blatant, especially after the conclusion of a game.

I was a Sixers fan. Big Dr. J fan, pre-Heat days. Couldn't stand Bird.
If you're referring to Bird's trash talk, I don't recall anything as blatant, especially after the conclusion of a game.
It was a genuine question I don’t wanna make the mistake I made before and imply anyone is racist I do think *some* live in a bubble on topics like this. I’ll take a different route, she a Baltimore kid.. they’re real big on in your face trash talk on the court. I think black or white a Baltimore player would have done that. And I don’t really see a problem with trash talk she she’s really her. Clark is a problem dont get me wrong but angel Reese will be a good pro too

Advertisement
Who cares. Its womens sports. Nobody watches.
lol. Nobody watches the WNBA. But this game had views and people's attention.

The women’s NCAA final game between LSU and Iowa on Sunday drew an average of 5.5 million viewers across ESPN’s platform of networks, making it the third-most-viewed women’s college basketball game on record.

UCONN vs Miami only had 3.4 million views with a peak of 5 million.

Edit: Total viewers reached 9.9 million

Last edited:
lol. Nobody watches the WNBA. But this game had views and people's attention.

The women’s NCAA final game between LSU and Iowa on Sunday drew an average of 5.5 million viewers across ESPN’s platform of networks, making it the third-most-viewed women’s college basketball game on record.

UCONN vs Miami only had 3.4 million views with a peak of 5 million.
It was a joke homie. Well kinda! Lol

Advertisement
She aimed it at Louisville’s player, bruh! She walked past & looked at her before shifting her focus to her teammate. They were chirping at each other ALL game. I saw the entire game; why do u think I posted the clip b4 it happened. She clearly is looking towards her & then her focus changed towards her teammates.
Lol at everyone that keeps saying it dosent look like Clark aimed her gesture at anyone when every video they show of her is zoomed in. Zoom in on Reese and it will look like she is gesturing to nobody also.

Even so, you can clearly see Clark looking in a certain direction before she did it, than a few seconds later the louisville chick comes walking past from the same direction Clark was looking

Advertisement
You do realize the Miami Hurricanes were called Thugs for “taunting” don’t u? U also do realize that The Miami rule was specifically targeted against us for taunting as Texas players & fans took exception to Randle Hill shooting his Texas Shooters at Texas in a blow out.

Like, it’s ironic that fans of the brashest team in CFB history, notorious for taunting is now so soft shoulder. Maybe all this losing have cost us our identity of why we became the most hated team in America, while also becoming the most popular.

I’ll say it again, I had zero issues w/ the chit Caitlin did & I have zero issues w/ Reece giving her a dose of that same energy. Ppl acting like she called her a bytch or something. God I miss the good ole days.

I kinda hope (prob to a fault) that a lot of internet disagreements are because of not fully comprehending the point the other is trying to make.

I think I understand you and I believe your point is valid. If the shoe was on the other foot, Caitlin would have updates to her youtube video about "clapback" moments and how competitive she is. I, like you, have no problem with trash talking as long as it does not cross the line into hate speech. I loved talking trash, even to my buddies and as soon as the game was over we were back to best friends. Basically your argument as I understand it is the narrative is different for two people based on public perception and the obvious difference is race. I agree with you.

Moving on to the other guys point, Caitlin 100% directed the you cant see me gesture to her opponent. BUT I do think Angel went a little harder than Caitlin. I actually prefer when trash talk IN THE GAME and not after the final whistle blows. Caitlin stared down her opponent when she did it but was walking towards her teammates, Angel went out of her way to get into her face after the game was over, like cutting her off. To me, that is petty because the game is done. You said yourself you expect your ish to come back but I assume that is in the game, if the game is over there is no way for the opponent to respond. But that is just my opinion and I do think if Caitlin did the exact same thing, some people would have the identical reaction and even some of her fans would dislike it. I agree it likely does not get the crazy publicity this has received where politicians are discussing NCAAW Bball and it is somewhat sad for the sport that this and Griner being locked up are what put woman's bball in the limelight but it is the world we live in.

To me the only difference was Angel walking after Caitlin and kind of cutting her off to do the gesture after the game was over. That is it. If everyone wants to get their panties in a wad over that then so be it. Go root for ND or Penn State and watch them score a TD, hand the ball to the ref, and go sit on the bench without as much of a high five. Sports is entertainment, I am here for it.

Advertisement
Back