Other Sports Angel Reece taunt

What I’m not good w/ is when one player does it of a different nationality & it’s looked at in one way, but when another player gives that same player a dose of their own medicine, now they’re classified as classless.
Bigger stage, higher stakes, more eyes watching.. I'd imagine half the people talking loudest hadn't even watched the tourney.

I don't think it was apples to apples (See chip's post) but the whole things been blown out proportion (media at its best). Better team won. Better player lost. Happens all the time.. "If you don't want them dancing, keep them out of your end zone".

Advertisement
Are you implying racism? From what I've seen, the Iowa girl flashed quickly the 'you can't see me' (at no one) while walking off the court during what looked to be a timeout. During the game. The LSU player involved herself in a prolonged taunt after the game in which the Iowa player was walking away, and repeatedly avoided confrontation. Apples and oranges. What gets me is how observers can't set aside biases and truthfully assess what happened without attempting to further preconceived agendas.
And what gets me is the bubble some ppl live in. If u’re not Black, I promise u, u won’t & don’t get it b/c it’s not on ur radar b/c it’s not something u have to deal w/. But let me just give u a sequence of events of Caitlin Clark, where she was praised for “competitiveness.”

Now, noticed u’ll see the SAME GIRL walk past Clark as Clark gestures u can’t see and where her eyes are.

And this was all fun & games when she did this last round

So don’t talk to me about preconceived agendas. Reece gave Caitlin a dose of her own medicine & now it’s an issue. GTFOH w/ all that.

Reggie Miller doing the choke sign to Knick’s fans? Loved it.
Nebraska player named after this. Da Coldest :6e482c-o:
reggie-miller-pacers.gif

Bigger stage, higher stakes, more eyes watching.. I'd imagine half the people talking loudest hadn't even watched the tourney.

I don't think it was apples to apples (See chip's post) but the whole things been blown out proportion (media at its best). Better team won. Better player lost. Happens all the time.. "If you don't want them dancing, keep them out of your end zone".

Miss me w/ the bigger stage & more eyes watching. The point is, smoke was given in previous rounds & its was all fun, but now it’s an issue. I promise u this could’ve been in the Final 4 or the Sweet 16 & it would get the same response.

Advertisement
I promise u this could’ve been in the Final 4 or the Sweet 16 & it would get the same response.
Round of 64, nobody cares was my point. I digress. One's a national champ, one is destined for greatness. Both will be just fine.

Stats aren't out yet on the game but miss you or not, it's accurate.
(43% higher viewership than last year, pre-big game)

It was by far the most watched Women’s game & I’m happy for it. Obviously u didn’t see my edited response; I hit the post reply by accident. My point is, regardless at any point of the tourney this would’ve happened, it would’ve been the same response, period.

Advertisement
Round of 64, nobody cares was my point. I digress. One's a national champ, one is destined for greatness. Both will be just fine.

I know both will be fine; in fact, I expect Iowa & Clark to be even more dangerous next season & this fuels motivation. When Zeke walked off the court & disrespected MJ, it lit a fire under Chicago that was never seen again in modern sports.

I’m completely fine w/ trash talking; if Clark did that to LSU I would be praising her. I LOVE taunting & trash talking in the moment, just don’t cross certain lines. But as someone posted in this very thread, pls look at the different narratives that’s been put out BEFORE this incident even took place.

The difference I see here is Clark’s gesture wasn’t aimed at any individual whereas Reece’s was obviously aimed at one person.

She aimed it at Louisville’s player, bruh! She walked past & looked at her before shifting her focus to her teammate. They were chirping at each other ALL game. I saw the entire game; why do u think I posted the clip b4 it happened. She clearly is looking towards her & then her focus changed towards her teammates.

She aimed it at Louisville’s player, bruh! She walked past & looked at her before shifting her focus to her teammate. They were chirping at each other ALL game. I saw the entire game; why do u think I posted the clip b4 it happened. She clearly is looking towards her & then her focus changed towards her teammates.
I didn’t see it live or the entire clip so context obviously matters. Regardless, take the high road and there would be no controversy.

And Van Lith talks more s h i t than Clark LOL, both are ballers though.

Advertisement
And what gets me is the bubble some ppl live in. If u’re not Black, I promise u, u won’t & don’t get it b/c it’s not on ur radar b/c it’s not something u have to deal w/. But let me just give u a sequence of events of Caitlin Clark, where she was praised for “competitiveness.”

Now, noticed u’ll see the SAME GIRL walk past Clark as Clark gestures u can’t see and where her eyes are.

And this was all fun & games when she did this last round

So don’t talk to me about preconceived agendas. Reece gave Caitlin a dose of her own medicine & now it’s an issue. GTFOH w/ all that.

Your full of ****. The evidence speaks for itself. The Iowa girl, regardless of race, directed a gesture at NO ONE. The LSU girl, regardless of race practically stalked her, interestingly enough, rather than celebrating with her teammates. Why would one do that? Why would others view what happened and not see what clearly happened?

You're right, I'm not black and don't have a full understanding the resentment (I guess) felt toward the Iowa player, and perhaps society at large. Still doesn't excuse provoking, unsportsmanlike behavior. Can't see that? Guess we have different values.

The difference I see here is Clark’s gesture wasn’t aimed at any individual whereas Reece’s was obviously aimed at one person.
This!

Reece was taunting to her face. There is a difference between doing these gestures to the crowd or what not, but if you do it to someones face to that extent, it is crossing the line. It how fights start. In football, you would get a penalty for taunting.

These games are very competitive and talking goes on always. It is the way it is. But, Reece didn't come out of this looking good.

I didn’t see it live or the entire clip so context obviously matters. Regardless, take the high road and there would be no controversy.

I feel u; but growing up w/ 80’s basketball, bruh this was so tame! Lol. It’s the new society we’re in. I remember allllllll the chit Cheryl Miller & Sheryl Swoops used to talk. ****, there’s retired players in their 60’s still beefing over the petty chit that was done in the 70’s - 90’s. Lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your full of ****. The evidence speaks for itself. The Iowa girl, regardless of race, directed a gesture at NO ONE. The LSU girl, regardless of race practically stalked her, interestingly enough, rather than celebrating with her teammates. Why would one do that? Why would others view what happened and not see what clearly happened?

You're right, I'm not black and don't have a full understanding the resentment (I guess) felt toward the Iowa player, and perhaps society at large. Still doesn't excuse provoking, unsportsmanlike behavior. Can't see that? Guess we have different values.

I’m full of ****, yet I posted the clip where she’s walking past the same chick she’s been chirping at and her eyes are in that direction. Bruh, listen, I actually watched the game, & I also saw pre championship game her teammates cracking up & gassing her for doing that. I don’t need someone to tell me what’s what, but pls carry on.

The fact that something this petty got ppl so up in arms when the chit just happened two rounds ago is amazing to me. MAYBE I would see everyone’s point if Clark was just this innocent, non chit talker. When u talk chit, & I’m sure she was talking chit during LSU’s game b/c that’s what she does & I love it, expect for that chit to come back to u.

I’m built differently, I talk hella chit & I fully expect all my taunts & chit talking to come back to me if I fail at my mission. Regardless, don’t deem or classify someone as fierce or a competitor when they aim their chit talking at their opponents; but, when they get taunted for those same antics, now they’re a victim & their opponent is a bully. Keep that same energy when “the victim” was mouthing & gesturing.

Idgaf what u say; I can GUARANTEE if the shoe was on the other foot, this wouldn’t remotely garnish the type of vitriol it’s received via social media b/c guess what; prior to this incident even happening, LSU & USCe b-ball teams were being lambasted & criticized for how they’ve been playing the game. WHICH IS WHY AGAIN SWIN CASH TOOK IT UPON HERSELF TO CALL OUT THE MEDIA & SOCIAL MEDIA FOR HAVING TWO SETS OF NARRATIVES.

So before saying anyone is full of chit, maybe u should take an ***** & actually get tuned in b4 commenting on chit.

I’m full of ****, yet I posted the clip where she’s walking past the same chick she’s been chirping at and her eyes are in that direction. Bruh, listen, I actually watched the game, & I also saw pre Final 4 her teammates cracking up & gassing her for doing that. I don’t need someone to tell me what’s what, but pls carry on.

The fact that something this petty got ppl so up in arms when the chit just happened two rounds ago is amazing to me. MAYBE I would see everyone’s point if Clark was just this innocent, non chit talker. When u talk chit, & I’m sure she was talking chit during LSU’s game b/c that’s what she does & I love it, expect for that chit to come back to u.

I’m built differently, I talk hella chit & I fully expect all my taunts & chit talking to come back to me if I fail at my mission. Regardless, don’t deem or classify someone as fierce or a competitor when they aim their chit talking at their opponents; but, when they get taunted for those same antics, now they’re a victim & their opponent is a bully. Keep that same energy when “the victim” was mouthing & gesturing.

Idgaf what u say; I can GUARANTEE if the shoe was on the other foot, this wouldn’t remotely garnish the type of vitriol it’s received via social media b/c guess what; prior to this incident even happening, LSU & USCe b-ball teams were being lambasted & criticized for how they’ve been playing the game. WHICH IS WHY AGAIN SWIN CASH TOOK IT UPON HERSELF TO CALL OUT THE MEDIA & SOCIAL MEDIA FOR HAVING TWO SETS OF NARRATIVES.

So before saying anyone is full of chit, maybe u should take an ***** & actually get tuned in b4 commenting on chit.
To me that matter at hand is TRUTH. How are those observing the same actions coming away with such different takes? The pictures are clear.

Let's for example take the actions taken into a physical arena. Let's say the Iowa player pushed a Louisville player. By the rationale presented by many it would be ok for the LSU player to punch her in the face twice. After all 'she started the smoke'. In fact, if a Marlins pitcher hits a Braves batter, in the following series the Reds leadoff hitter should charge the mound..right? Brilliant rationale.

I’m full of ****, yet I posted the clip where she’s walking past the same chick she’s been chirping at and her eyes are in that direction. Bruh, listen, I actually watched the game, & I also saw pre championship game her teammates cracking up & gassing her for doing that. I don’t need someone to tell me what’s what, but pls carry on.

Why the entire national conversation about this evolved past this is befuddling.

Advertisement
Back