Andre Sam, Tulane nickel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a good productive player that knows the system and has a head start. We're actually going to have some depth in the secondary this year. Not great talent but definitely P5 quality and not as big of a drop off from the starters at CB and Nickel into your 2nd and even 3rd string if Graves progresses and Damari can play. Looks promising as long as Kam stays healthy. That's the one guy we can't afford to lose.

I feel good about DE talent and depth. Harvey coming off the bench tells you we're better there than we have been with him as a starter the last 2 years. DT isn't the deepest or the biggest but there's some players there that can produce. LB should look totally different.

Getting me closer to the 9 win expectation. I'm still at O/U 7.5 and expecting 8 but need to see the offense progression.
I love how we have alphas and big time talents at every level of the defense

Advertisement
All day. Many of my thoughts on this have already been shared but there’s no way he isn’t one of the best 5 on the back end.

I really believe our starters at boundary, field, and nickel will all be transfers and that is crazy lol but also necessary. Couch/Davis, Porter, and Graves/Davis with Damari pushing and Stafford who pound for pound may be the best athlete of the bunch in the wings is some legitimate depth. Sam could also play Kam’s spot if needed more than likely. A productive DB that has played a ton of ball and knows this system as well as Guidry, would be a welcomed addition.

Sam will be a future coach if nothing else and his presence can help our DBs
Came here to make a similar point. His experience in this system is going to be invaluable. He should be a leader in communicating what is happening on the backend and we should see much less communication lapse that result in blown coverages compared to last year. He should police the backend with ease.

Similar to what McCourty did for the patriots all those years. It’s invaluable

Advertisement
crazy how much experience the secondary is adding/added.

andre sam has 2200 cfb snaps, 1k at fs, 600 slot, 200 outside corner.
jaden davis has 1500 cfb snaps, 1300 of them at outside corner. pff has him for 1 td allowed last year.
davonte brown has 1900 cfb snaps, 1700 at outside corner. just 4 tds allowed in 3 years combined.

add in the vandy kid and it's a whole new group. if guidry is the goods he has a chance now. honestly half the starting lineup is new. mario has really delivered in the portal this year. just need to hope he delivered on the coordinators.

crazy how much experience the secondary is adding/added.

andre sam has 2200 cfb snaps, 1k at fs, 600 slot, 200 outside corner.
jaden davis has 1500 cfb snaps, 1300 of them at outside corner. pff has him for 1 td allowed last year.
davonte brown has 1900 cfb snaps, 1700 at outside corner. just 4 tds allowed in 3 years combined.

add in the vandy kid and it's a whole new group. if guidry is the goods he has a chance now. honestly half the starting lineup is new. mario has really delivered in the portal this year. just need to hope he delivered on the coordinators.

****, those are some impressive numbers, and that's not even considering our AA returning safety.

Advertisement
Sometimes players just vibe with coaches and are an extension of them on the field. They have the coaches trust and are a good leadership type because they are able to get everybody on the same page. That is what this guy seems like - to me. May not be the most talented defender, but his relationship with the coordinator could be invaluable.

How many times have we seen just incompetence by players on the field after the snap or having players that have no idea whats going on pre-snap? Its been a lot. Perhaps having a guy like this out there, even in a nickel role, helps get everyone on the same page and understanding whats going on, on the field.

He's got an awesome story, too.

Advertisement
He's got an awesome story, too.

Sam looks like a wonderful young man. No wonder Guidry loves this kid. Not going to lie, that video is hard to watch for me. Not the stuttering, but the hurt the kid was in recounting about his past trauma. Hope he balls out as both a student and athlete, sure looks like a player in his highlights.

Hats off to Marshall for being so supportive.

So how we looking here? Any updates…

The longer this goes on…the worse for us because SEC teams are definitely sniffing around…

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back