Andre Sam, Tulane nickel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say probably chop it off at that point, more harm than good…..
Cut Out GIF by Bachelor in Paradise Canada
Caitlyn Jenner Iac GIF by STV

Advertisement
LSU didn't get into until after he was the portal, as far as anyone knows.
Ok but if Tulane is mad because the kid took NIL money from them and then he went back in the portal, the school he ends up with should be irrelevant.

If they are mad because Miami tampered is another story.

Advertisement
Ok but if Tulane is mad because the kid took NIL money from them and then he went back in the portal, the school he ends up with should be irrelevant.

They're mad about both

I think the potential of tampering is their issue not that he is leaving per say. He followed Guidry to Tulane and now he looks to be leaving Tulane to follow him again. They likely feel Miami tampered. Problem would be proving it on their end which is the same issue anyone has proving all of the other tampering that goes on with players.

Advertisement
I think the potential of tampering is their issue not that he is leaving per say. He followed Guidry to Tulane and now he looks to be leaving Tulane to follow him again. They likely feel Miami tampered. Problem would be proving it on their end which is the same issue anyone has proving all of the other tampering that goes on with players.
Tulane should ask Narduzzi how that goes.

If UM was smart- just give Tulane a money game at the Rock in like 2027 and I’d imagine this situation would sort itself out….

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of the home & home with G5 schools- bad optics for the program- BUT since LA is a ripe recruiting area at the moment, if we’re ever going to do it again, going to New Orleans could make some sense.

If this kid is really worth that much headache.
I'd like to win. This would clearly improve the DB room.

It's more than that.

Advertisement
I’m not a fan of the home & home with G5 schools- bad optics for the program- BUT since LA is a ripe recruiting area at the moment, if we’re ever going to do it again, going to New Orleans could make some sense.

If this kid is really worth that much headache.
We recently played a home and home with a school located in Boone, NC. We can do a lot worse than playing at the Superdome...

Obviously this isn’t on the same level as what I’m about to reference, but I think this gets worked out similarly to Bear Alexander and Jordan Addison. Initial outburst, anger, denial…he has “interest” in other schools to make it seem like it’s not just Miami that’s feeling him, then eventually visits Coral Gables and we lock him up.

Maybe LSU throws a shot in there, but relationships win out more often than not. As referenced repeatedly, Guidry is a father figure to the kid. He’s given him a chance to showcase his talents at three different institutions and now for his swan song, can reunite with his DC at a school that can give him draft buzz and play alongside arguably the best safety in America.

His versatility is something we should be clawing tooth and nail for. Hope we win out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back