Andre Johnson makes it Official...

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]854064705199013889[/TWEET]
[TWEET]854084391479496706[/TWEET]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...retire-as-member-of-houston-texans/100579846/

Hurricane Legend & one of the All-time great WR's in the NFL is finally hanging up the cleats.

Future NFL HOF'er no doubt with, 1,062rec 14,185yds & 70TD's for his career...

He's 10th in NFL history in receiving yards & 11th in receptions... Was also a 7x Pro Bowler, 2x 1st team All-pro & 2x 2nd team All-pro.

One the most naturally gifted WR's to ever play the game & is arguably the greatest Hurricane WR in school history, right up there with the Playmaker & Reggie Wayne.

Finished his career at Miami with 92rec 1,831yds & 20TD's to go along with a National Title.

Congratualtions to him for his illustrious career & also for his impeccable service to the community off the field.

For how great a player he was, he was an even better human being outside of the game & that's priceless.

Last edited:
Advertisement
[TWEET]854064705199013889[/TWEET]
[TWEET]854084391479496706[/TWEET]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...retire-as-member-of-houston-texans/100579846/

Hurricane Legend & one of the All-time great WR's in the NFL is finally hanging up the cleats.

Future NFL HOF'er no doubt with, 1,062rec 14,185yds & 70TD's for his career...
He's 10th in NFL history in receiving yards & 11th in receptions... Was also a 7x Pro Bowler, 2x 1st team All-pro & 2x 2nd team All-pro.

One the most naturally gifted WR's to ever play the game & is arguably the greatest Hurricane WR in school history, right up there with the Playmaker & Reggie Wayne.

Finished his career at Miami with 92rec 1,831yds & 20TD's to go along with a National Title.

Congratualtions to him for his illustrious career & for also his impeccable service to the community off the field.

For how great he was a player, he was an even better human being outside of the game & that's priceless.

Wish Luck was healthy and he could've made a SB run. We salute you Dre.

Advertisement
The Lions drafted Charles Rogers over Johnson. Rogers only started 9 games.
Matt Millen might go down as one of the worst GM's in NFL history lol...

I can't think of a guy who consistently made worse personnel decisions than him.

I'm not even a Lions fan & even I remember a bunch of the horrendous moves he made lol.

One of the GOATs.... BEAST MODE for WRs. It was a business decision having to tackle him whether you were a corner, safety, or linebacker.

30wm2qd.gif

I honestly thought he retired before last season. HOF bound now tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
He dominated at UM and in the NFL. Keyo Craver still has nightmares about Dre. That first TD in the Rose Bowl was text book. Just rag dolled him at the LOS and We were off to the races. Beautiful night in SoCal. Thank you Dre.

Go Canes!

Think about the career this guy had without ever having a good QB. By the time he got to Indy, he was too far from his prime. He could have been one of the greatest if you put him with a big name QB for a few years in his career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
on a side note this made my day when I watched this....

Yj1wab.gif

JQzKmiI.gif

Courtland was literally never the same after this. He went from a top nickel db to shell shocked. AJ80 made that boy think about his football career and how he played against WRs ever again.

Think about the career this guy had without ever having a good QB. By the time he got to Indy, he was too far from his prime. He could have been one of the greatest if you put him with a big name QB for a few years in his career.

Not just that...Luck played w/ a separated shoulder the entire season. So he wasn't himself either. I wish he had a QB to play w/. He could've been a top 3 WR statically, imo.

Advertisement
Back