Andre Johnson makes it Official...

Have a pic me and my cousin with Dre and his family taken at the 2001 Rose Bowl after party at the hotel. That day was probably best day of my life as a sports fan, and Dre had a huge part in that.

Congrats on an excellent career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The best combination of size and speed and the most physically imposing WR Miami has had. Dominant player....

I almost felt sorry for the DB against Johnson in the championship game. Almost.

Hopefully he'll find his way into the HOF....

My favorite live memory of AJ was him blocking DeAngelo Hall basically from the middle of the field into the VA Tech bench during the 2002 game in the OB.

Only been following NFL since mid 2000s but the best I've seen at the WR position...

Advertisement
RoseBowl01-AJohnson

Dre was a beast. One of the most physically gifted WRs in NFL history. And a humble guy the whole time.

Advertisement
Courtesy of Cane Freak.

[video=youtube;Gkp6ZqzMpdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp6ZqzMpdQ[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
What a great family. His mom was a **** boss. Would see her at practices in her uniform. Heard all sorts of positive stories about her - dating back to Andre's time at Miami High. She must be proud because Andre turned out to be a humble man where other people with his success might have taken the opportunity to be the opposite.

Hope to see him in the Hall. If he or Frank get there, will probably be my first trip to the induction.

What's Andre's historical place in the NFL?

I admittedly don't watch the pros so much. If I recall correctly, there was a time where some thought he could be GOAT caliber. How good was he in terms of his generation, versus the like of Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and whoever the other greats were?

What's Andre's historical place in the NFL?

I admittedly don't watch the pros so much. If I recall correctly, there was a time where some thought he could be GOAT caliber. How good was he in terms of his generation, versus the like of Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and whoever the other greats were?

IMO I think he's better than both. Athleticism was 2nd to none. Elite speed strength size to go with elite hands and route running skills. But what separates Andre from even Calvin Johnson imo is his level of physicality.... Julio Jones is the only other wr that comes close and just for context I think Julio is the best wr in history.

Advertisement
Back