And so it begins ... (NIL rule)

Also, we’re going to see a point of diminishing returns on a lot of this stuff pretty fast. A lot of feeling are going to be hurt once guys find out their likeness isn’t nearly as valuable as they might have thought it was. How long before boosters in Athens say “****, we’re still not able to beat Bama even after I spent $700 grand on advertising for one kid”.

For 99% of the kids, this will be a way for them to earn a little side scratch. Outside of a small handful of guys (mostly quarterbacks) there aren’t a ton of big money endorsement opportunities for NFL players and pro football is significantly more popular than college.

Advertisement
U still can get gas at sec schools they just will figure out different ways now. They will adapt
Why do it illegally jeopardizing your eligibility and getting the school in trouble. And once you receive the bag you go undercover hiding it.

It makes more sense to get a deal in the open with your name making money with a signed advertising company pushing your athletic abilities with your personal logo. It’s more lasting even if you fail in the NFL. The bag money runs out even before you leave college and with no opportunity to profit off your name.
U still can get gas at sec schools they just will figure out different ways now. They will adapt

Last edited:
Why do it illegal jeopardizing your eligibility and getting the school in trouble. And once you receive the bag you go undercover hiding it.

it makes more sense to get a deal in the open with your name making money with a signed advertising company pushing your athletic abilities with your personal logo. It’s more lasting even if you fail in the NFL. The bag money runs out even before you leave college and with no opportunity to profit off your name.
Because u get more money remember we talking about kids

Advertisement
@IndayArtHauz you Mod God, @JD08 you Maude Gawd, @Andrew the Ruler of the House of Androol, there are NIL threads on both boards. I moved one. Do we need to merge a bunch of them or have the titles distinguish beyond the general??? Do we need an NIL Board??

What’s been stopping a car dealer in Tuscaloosa from giving kids money now? Clearly not the NCAA. In case you missed it, Alabama already gets to pick and choose which 25 guys they want every year. The idea that the NIL will make sure all the bag schools get the best recruits is ridiculous because the bag schools ALREADY get the best recruits. Look at the coaches who have been supporting the idea for a while and look at the ones who have been against it and it answers all the questions.

Imagine you’re a weed dealer and your dad is chief of police. It gives you carte blanche to pretty much sell weed with no risk of getting arrested. Now all of the sudden, your state legalized weed and anybody can sell it and buy it without fear of being arrested. Sure, you’ll still be able to sell some and make some money but everyone in town is no longer obligated to buy from you and you only.
You missed the most important part of my point.

Who has more money to spend on football and who has larger more passionate fan bases that spend big money: Ole Miss, Tennessee, Miss State, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, WVU, and I can list dozens more or Miami.

Now the schools who have the money and didn’t really cheat before can pay for recruits just as easy as the ones doing bags. At the end of the day it comes down to money. Miami doesn’t have a big fan base and the fan base they have does not spend money - they barley go to games. This big city stuff doesn’t really matter unless it’s a superstar player. Because if you ask every person who lives in Miami who Don Chaney is less than 1% of 1% will know. So what’s his value in the city?

Because u get more money remember we talking about kids
Maybe in the short term because it's over once they sign or when they leave college, with an agency pushing your name out there and if you're any good it could carry well into your pro career. So in long term the agency contract will pay out more with profits.

Advertisement
Also, we’re going to see a point of diminishing returns on a lot of this stuff pretty fast. A lot of feeling are going to be hurt once guys find out their likeness isn’t nearly as valuable as they might have thought it was. How long before boosters in Athens say “****, we’re still not able to beat Bama even after I spent $700 grand on advertising for one kid”.

For 99% of the kids, this will be a way for them to earn a little side scratch. Outside of a small handful of guys (mostly quarterbacks) there aren’t a ton of big money endorsement opportunities for NFL players and pro football is significantly more popular than college.
What's the difference in giving bag money to a kid that don't pan out? At least its done legally by signing a NIL contract then doing it with the bag. Only Bama can skate without punishment giving out the bag money.

@IndayArtHauz you Mod God, @JD08 you Maude Gawd, @Andrew the Ruler of the House of Androol, there are NIL threads on both boards. I moved one. Do we need to merge a bunch of them or have the titles distinguish beyond the general??? Do we need an NIL Board??
I think we need to let them breath for now and see where it goes. The threads should be on the Eye forum though. It relates to recruiting here and there obviously but these are fundamentally deals with college athletes.

I think we need to let them breath for now and see where it goes. The threads should be on the Eye forum though. It relates to recruiting here and there obviously but these are fundamentally deals with college athletes.
Ok. I just moved another one over.

Advertisement
Maybe in the short term because it's over once they sign or when they leave college, with an agency pushing your name out there and if you're any good it could carry well into your pro career. So in long term the agency contract will pay out more with profits.
They will mostly choose whatever gives u most upfront it's how struggling people think. Not saying everyone's situation is bad but it be like that.

Advertisement
its going to help teams that can give players playing time.

more playing time = more exposure = more likely to get deals

Man if Iam a company I would sign some of our Defensive players to endorsement deals. Everything you get a turnover you get 20K, if you do it in the playoffs or championship game you get 50K. When you are putting on the turnover chain all you have to do is put up a sign with my company’s name. Somebody steal this idea and make these boys some money!!!

Advertisement
Back