And so it begins ... (NIL rule)

You going to see a bunch of players get a cease and desist when they use trademark items that they are not licensed to use. The money is selling autographs to bag men not some stupid clothing line that no one is going to buy.

It'll manifest itself differently for different programs. The programs with super-large fan bases (ND, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.) is where you'll see kids selling autographs and t-shirts. Some programs have bigtime corporate ties. THAT is where it gets interesting. I know plenty of corporations based in Ohio that give a ****load of money to Ohio State athletics. Will those corporations start inking endorsement deals with five star recruits?

Interestingly, I think BYU is going to be a big winner in this new version of college football. I cant articulate why but I suspect they'll be a major benefactor from this new NIL stuff.

Advertisement
Nintendo gonna come for his ***
gamecube_logo.jpg
686AEAA1-ABB5-48A9-B41A-029C2000C826.png

Almost an exact rip off. Instead of the M fully connecting, it just curls back up. When I seen Matz's logo I was like where have I seen that before. Then looked down and the Mcafee logo was sitting at the bottom of my computer screen lol.

Last edited:
I’m glad Manny got ahead of this and is going to have the University backing it for incoming players.

Advertisement
This insinuates that "bag schools" have been holding back payments to players for some reason until now. Everyone knows about the 6 figure payouts, the fake jobs for family members, the free homes for them to live in and free cars for the players. It's pretty blatant that these guys aren't and haven't been holding back. The bag schools will continue to operate business as usual and gobble up a majority of the highest rated recruits just like they always have. All the NIL does in ensure kids who aren't going to the obvious bag schools will still get an opportunity to earn some money.

Let's put it this way. Say you're a local high school football star but your family is struggling. You love Miami. Your family loves Miami. But, you end up signing with a KKK SEC school because you can't pass up the opportunity for that bag. Now, you'll have the opportunity to play where you actually want to play and still be able to help support your family.

Or a car dealer in Tuscaloosa can offer you $750,000 to put your face on his flyer. There is no need for bag schools to worry now. I’m not sure in the long run this is great for Miami. We don’t have the people that care enough about football to pay the big bucks.

Every big time player now has to think about which school boosters pay the best and which school fan base will buy the most stuff with your face on it. The answer is always going to be majority SEC, Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, ND maybe Clemson.

This will be the ultimate unintended consequences. Everyone cheering this on cause these athletes are not compensated (250k education, nutrition, housing) by athletic departments (95% hemorrhaging $$$) should have all the absurdities shoved in their face..
I guess you hate free markets.

And why take the bag now when you can get it legally. Redneck SEC schools are upset that they now no longer hold the edge over these 5 star recruits since the ruling of the NIL. NCAA was protecting the schools by turning a blind eye to their indiscretions in breaking the rules.

How many times we are going to hear about Alabama infractions to only see them eventually go away quietly.... LSU...Georgia.. ect.. Most of the members that retire from the NCAA board end up on SEC schools Board Of Directors and they are part of the good ole boys fraternity. They protect each other by swearing to the code of silence on their dirt.

Now a place like Miami with its multicultural location and top selling brand will appeal to most inner city kids to stay home and still get paid! Live where they are familiar with the area and for the most part associated with the culture. Even kids that are not from Miami will be more likely to come here then go to any of the SEC schools if they are getting paid and can care for their families.

Another thing to consider...If Miami was able to operate like Alabama and set itself up to win multiple championships in the past decade or play for one, Miami would be off the charts as a money making logo and its players will be more of a house name without the embarrassing continued pushing of ESPN. ESPN is nothing but another extended arm of the SEC and especially for Alabama.

Now the advantage is Miami's to take unless they trip all over themselves by not winning games they should and competing and not getting blowout by the likes of Alabama.
U still can get gas at sec schools they just will figure out different ways now. They will adapt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing makes me want to puke more than someone talking about their “brand”. Now we’re going to have high schoolers talking about it. I already saw Quan lee was soliciting agents and endorsements, and a 16-17 year old three star doing that is all you need to know about how stupid this will end up being
Quan Lee released a top 78

No one cares about idiocy. Lettem talk and lettem talk a lot until people dont care.

Or a car dealer in Tuscaloosa can offer you $750,000 to put your face on his flyer. There is no need for bag schools to worry now. I’m not sure in the long run this is great for Miami. We don’t have the people that care enough about football to pay the big bucks.

Every big time player now has to think about which school boosters pay the best and which school fan base will buy the most stuff with your face on it. The answer is always going to be majority SEC, Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, ND maybe Clemson.
What’s been stopping a car dealer in Tuscaloosa from giving kids money now? Clearly not the NCAA. In case you missed it, Alabama already gets to pick and choose which 25 guys they want every year. The idea that the NIL will make sure all the bag schools get the best recruits is ridiculous because the bag schools ALREADY get the best recruits. Look at the coaches who have been supporting the idea for a while and look at the ones who have been against it and it answers all the questions.

Imagine you’re a weed dealer and your dad is chief of police. It gives you carte blanche to pretty much sell weed with no risk of getting arrested. Now all of the sudden, your state legalized weed and anybody can sell it and buy it without fear of being arrested. Sure, you’ll still be able to sell some and make some money but everyone in town is no longer obligated to buy from you and you only.

This insinuates that "bag schools" have been holding back payments to players for some reason until now. Everyone knows about the 6 figure payouts, the fake jobs for family members, the free homes for them to live in and free cars for the players. It's pretty blatant that these guys aren't and haven't been holding back. The bag schools will continue to operate business as usual and gobble up a majority of the highest rated recruits just like they always have. All the NIL does in ensure kids who aren't going to the obvious bag schools will still get an opportunity to earn some money.

Let's put it this way. Say you're a local high school football star but your family is struggling. You love Miami. Your family loves Miami. But, you end up signing with a KKK SEC school because you can't pass up the opportunity for that bag. Now, you'll have the opportunity to play where you actually want to play and still be able to help support your family.
Church!

Advertisement
Back