And so it begins ... (NIL rule)

Advertisement
So you’re saying that Alabama will be able to sign the best players because they’ll pay them? How is that any different than today?
no, it'll go next level ... i've already devised it in my head how to take advantage of this ... booster A has a business, booster A wants to help his school attract a recruit ... recruiter and booster set up a system where recruit creates something that they can market, booster A now either buys the right to use that image or sells recruits creation (mouthpiece, wristbands, etc) as part of their business ... i thought of that in 10 minutes, i'm sure they'll devise a far better plan

Bingo. I've said all along that the NIL will begin to even the score. Bag schools have already been operating this way without the name of NIL.....This NIL will level out the playing field in a major way. Kids and parents do need and want the bag, who wouldn't especially if you're struggling, but now you can make money plus stay close to family so they can watch you play.
And why take the bag now when you can get it legally. Redneck SEC schools are upset that they now no longer hold the edge over these 5 star recruits since the ruling of the NIL. NCAA was protecting the schools by turning a blind eye to their indiscretions in breaking the rules.

How many times we are going to hear about Alabama infractions to only see them eventually go away quietly.... LSU...Georgia.. ect.. Most of the members that retire from the NCAA board end up on SEC schools Board Of Directors and they are part of the good ole boys fraternity. They protect each other by swearing to the code of silence on their dirt.

Now a place like Miami with its multicultural location and top selling brand will appeal to most inner city kids to stay home and still get paid! Live where they are familiar with the area and for the most part associated with the culture. Even kids that are not from Miami will be more likely to come here then go to any of the SEC schools if they are getting paid and can care for their families.

Another thing to consider...If Miami was able to operate like Alabama and set itself up to win multiple championships in the past decade or play for one, Miami would be off the charts as a money making logo and its players will be more of a house name without the embarrassing continued pushing of ESPN. ESPN is nothing but another extended arm of the SEC and especially for Alabama.

Now the advantage is Miami's to take unless they trip all over themselves by not winning games they should and competing and not getting blowout by the likes of Alabama.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can't see how this hurts us. Selling merch with our brand behind you will be great for recruits. **** ESPN paid for not one, but TWO full length movies on our program...WHILE WE SUCKED BALLS.

I agree with everyone who says this evens the playing field. If anything, kids will be even more pressed for playing time bc now they can monetize the brand. Going to sit behind two 5 stars at Bama becomes way less attractive when you can monetize your NIL elsewhere by being on the field.

A kid can even go to a school like North Dakota State with their ultra-loyal fanbase and make bank on his NIL. We're about to start seeing the big boys lose recruiting battles that they never thought they would because other programs can sell visibility that you can't get sitting on the bench waiting until you're a junior to get burn

This doesn't change the 5 star game...but 4 star and 3 star parity is about to skyrocket

Just like the NBA, the concept of team will cease to exist -- everything will be about the individual "brand," especially with the portal leverage. You think these kids are prima donnas now? LOL. This is going to be a terrible, albeit entertaining, train wreck. The NCAA will be the new WWF.

You going to see a bunch of players get a cease and desist when they use trademark items that they are not licensed to use. The money is selling autographs to bag men not some stupid clothing line that no one is going to buy.
correct, and we don't have a buy autographs fan base

Advertisement
You going to see a bunch of players get a cease and desist when they use trademark items that they are not licensed to use. The money is selling autographs to bag men not some stupid clothing line that no one is going to buy.
This is true lol. Never even thought about that. False affiliation will be rampant.

Nike and Addidas are going to have fun figuring out how to deal with hundreds of players wearing their gear in promotions.

Like I said, the elephants are being unloaded from the trucks. Buy your tickets, the circus is about to begin.

I am just waiting for the first episode of Shark Tank when a player is on his knees begging Mark Cuban to invest in him and his potential.

"Yo, I am a 5 Star player and competing for a starting spot on the U.
You can have half of my image and likeness rights for a low price of 250K up front...."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing makes me want to puke more than someone talking about their “brand”. Now we’re going to have high schoolers talking about it. I already saw Quan lee was soliciting agents and endorsements, and a 16-17 year old three star doing that is all you need to know about how stupid this will end up being
And all the 16- 20 something jock riders who see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The ignorance of youth....

Advertisement
Back