Analyzing the backup QB battle

View as article
Advertisement
With the head coach making clear statements about who is QB2a and QB2b it sounds like a subliminal message to JB to look at the portal.

Advertisement
How anyone can watch the Rutgers game and think that is the answer for our future is mind boggling to me. Cam Ward is going to end that nonsense.
So why couldn’t Emory complete a simple slant in the games I saw last year. They know he’s a liability on any route that needs arm strength. Can you acknowledge that cause all I saw was a bunch of tunnel screens and fluttering deep passes.

So why couldn’t Emory complete a simple slant in the games I saw last year. They know he’s a liability on any route that needs arm strength. Can you acknowledge that cause all I saw was a bunch of tunnel screens and fluttering deep passes.
Emory was ****ting in his pants vs Clemson and FSU. He wasn’t remotely close to be ready for those games. He could barely read a blitz. That doesn’t mean the game won’t slow down with time.

Seriously where are people getting that Jacurri is a 4.4 40 guy? Dude has never ran more than 10 yards in a game.
Meanwhile dude has never been accurate ever.
Sadly like everything else this issue has become a subtle racial issue with most fans and should just be judged based on performance. There is no bigger fan of JB than me and I wanted so bad for him to be the future of the program, but he just isn't accurate and that is what is most important for a QB.
It is a perception that JB isn't being "treated fairly" but he just has not improved enough with his weak areas to be a started for us and I think he should pick a good location and transfer so he can get his chance and hopefully shine.
And to be honest, Emory might not be the future either. But I can be a little more patient with him as he only has been here one year but if we get into next season and he hasn't progressed either then he is in the same spot as JB and might need to look elsewhere if he wants to start.

Advertisement
Emory was ****ting in his pants vs Clemson and FSU. He wasn’t remotely close to be ready for those games. He could barely read a blitz. That doesn’t mean the game won’t slow down with time.
Exactly. We were told last year by people who watched practices Emory was the second string qb over Jacurri. But then I saw how he played vs. JB.
After watching them both play last year a have no idea how someone watched those 2 qbs and said yep Emory is better. Practice is not a real game and it was obvious who was the better player in a real game.

The only thing I’ll say here is that I’d like to see all of these JB stances remain steadfast after the spring game concludes.

Some of you forgot how bad it was at this time last year.

And how little he improved by the time he hit the field at the bowl game.

There’s a gif floating around here of him throwing with his back foot out in front! He’s done that multiple times in scrimmages and practices here too.

The only thing I’ll say here is that I’d like to see all of these JB stances remain steadfast after the spring game concludes.

Some of you forgot how bad it was at this time last year.

And how little he improved by the time he hit the field at the bowl game.

There’s a gif floating around here of him throwing with his back foot out in front! He’s done that multiple times in scrimmages and practices here too.
He's been here a minute... seems like his development is god awful....

Advertisement
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Advertisement
Jacurri Brown can not throw a football, its that simple. If you are arguing that race is holding him back how do you explain the 2/3 QBs being behind Cam?

Its just ridiculous and reflects so negatively on the program. To imply that race matters today (forget the past i'm talking today) is just looking for trouble and creating drama where none exists. Mario just wants to win. I'm sure he would happily play Miles Moo Young at QB if that gave us the best chance to win.

Advertisement
Back