ANALYTICS & STATE OF THE PROGRAM : PART 1 (TALENT & BLUE CHIP AVERAGE)

Im a mechanical engineer, grad of the U like you will hopefully be, and I design F1 cars..

I like the idea of scraping, but I wanted to flip it and scrape P5 rosters to be able to point recruits to the best offer possible.

The real sim we need to do is a monte-carlo type sim where we can create scenarios to help aid playcallers on offense and defense based on probability and historical data. I am thinking of a full game sim so the OC can adjust play-calls to suit starting line of scrimage and time available on the clock. Think it could be big... few companies do this, one of which bama and FAU pay for, if I remember.

Anyways go talk to coach, im in town next week to review.

A full scale predictive Carlo Sim using every play of every game of a coach's career as training data would be the end of our current perception of football. I mean with Richt teams could have known HB dive left was coming with nothing but old fashioned film reels. I can't imagine what would happen to the game that first year people applied deep learning analytics to defensive play calling. It'd be like the Oakland A's money ball situation but on even bigger steroids than late 90s baseball

Advertisement
A full scale predictive Carlo Sim using every play of every game of a coach's career as training data would be the end of our current perception of football. I mean with Richt teams could have known HB dive left was coming with nothing but old fashioned film reels. I can't imagine what would happen to the game that first year people applied deep learning analytics to defensive play calling. It'd be like the Oakland A's money ball situation but on even bigger steroids than late 90s baseball
sooooooo... lets do it? We are here to win arent we?

Stealth Tate Martell thread.

ollesafeee.jpg

Soooo......no one has ever won a chip with a 5"10 running qb. got it

Last edited:
All I know is that Miami has enough TALENT to win the Coastal this year. If they still can't do that - now onto the fifth head coach since our last National Championship - then I'll see you in four years when we hire a new head coach.

Funny you should mention moneyball- apparently Diaz is huge into sabermetrics and stats.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back