Amir Rasul Update

This stuff goes both ways. Kids commit and they keep looking. Schools offer and sometimes accept commits from kids, and they keep looking. It's the head coach who allows a 17 year old kid decide his professional fate that is the loser in all of this. Unfortunately UM has had a lot of that with Coker, Shannon and Golden. Saban, Urban, Miles, and others do not for 1 second allow 1 kid to have that much control over their programs. If they commit and go on trips, they lose their spot. I'm sure there are exceptions, but that's how 4 and 5 star generals get it done when they're at the pinnacle of college football. UM hires nice, polite 1 star generals who end up 1 or 2 games off of .500 every year for the last 12, and they get run over by medium and above teams, as well as top notch recruits.

Reminds me of one of the U 30 for 30s. I can't remember which player it was (Highsmith maybe), but in his first meeting Schnelly told him he was going to redshirt. He asked Highsmith (or whoever it was) "do you have a problem with that?" The general put the soldier in his place and the conversation was over.

Schnelly lied all around (the sign of a good recruiter). Not only did he not redshirt Highsmith, he switched him to offense. Who knows what kind of career he would have had on defense. He was a first round choice anyway, but didn't have much of a pro career, I guess 'cause his knees were bad.

In fact, it probably was not Highsmith. It probably was somebody like Bratton, who did redshirt. Redshirt was much more accepted back then, as was staying for four years. Different era entirely.

This is all BS about Golden being weak and permitting people to look around. The sad fact is, if we laid down the law to these kids, and gave them ultimatums, most of them would walk. We don't have the leverage over these kids, and we never really have. A myth of these boards is that we were always all powerful in recruiting, and used to get only four and five stars. The fact is, we were never that strong with the elite recruits, and built our success on the less appreciated kids with high potential. That was true with Butch, and it was true with Jimmy. We probably got a lot more elite recruits with Howard, especially his last couple of classes.

But keep believing what you want to believe. Most of you don't know the history.

Advertisement
This is funny half of yall on this site was ****ting on folden for taking the commit in the first place put up multiple names who to go after instead. Now that georgia, uf, and fsu offered everybody up in arms

MIAMI PLEDGE HAULS IN FLORIDA AND FSU OFFERS
Corey BenderCorey Bender
Florida Recruiting Analyst
Despite reeling in big-time offers from Florida State and Florida on Saturday afternoon, Coral Gables (Fla.) running back Amir Rasul remains a part of Miami's 2016 recruiting class.

It was just a few weeks ago when Coral Gables (Fla.) ball carrier Amir Rasul pounced on a scholarship offer from Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes at their junior day, but that hasn't prevented additional programs from jumping into the mix with hopes of swaying the Sunshine State native.
Notre Dame, North Carolina, Illinois and Georgia joined the fray with scholarship offers following Rasul's pledge to the Hurricanes, but his recruitment took a twist when both Florida State and Florida rewarded the junior with offers on Saturday afternoon, presenting him with opportunities from each of the three in-state powers early on.

To put mildly, the three-star running back was caught off guard by the offer from Jimbo Fisher's program in Tallahassee. In addition to their consistent product on the field, Florida State's academic support is something that's piquing Rasul's interest early on.
"Oh my gosh, I was amazed at first just getting the offer and that being on the table now," Rasul said. "That really raised my recruiting process and they explained to me about everything they would do for me as a person and in the backfield.
"(I like that) I wouldn't just be playing the running back position. They just want to get the ball in my hands and I would love to be able to help my team do what they have to do. In addition to that, the school and academic part of it is good."
Awaiting Image
AMIR RASUL
POSITION
RB
COMMITTED
Rasul has a familiarity with the Gators program and has the opportunity to participate in two sports if he opts to spend the next 4-5 years in Gainesville.
"I have been a fan (of Florida) since Chris Rainey was there," Rasul said. "I can see myself playing in that offense and that's another offer that's going to go up to the top, too. That's an offer I've been waiting on.
"In addition to that, I've been to their camp and I thought I was going to get the offer there, but they had more evaluating to do. That was okay and now I have the offer in my possession and it's just amazing. I'll be able to run track at both places as well."
The rising senior has nearly a year until he has to make it official and ink with a program, but there's no denying how difficult this decision will be. Rasul remains verbally committed to the hometown school, but is far from a lock.
"I'm still with Miami, but it's a soft commit," Rasul said.
Related Story: Boselli Reels in Big-Time Offers
Follow @Corey_Bender

"Chris Rainey"...."I can see myself playing in that offense"

Don't they have new coaches? When was Chris Rainey there?

Maybe we should tell LB recruits they'll fit the Ray Lewis spot in our defense or DL recruits we'll make them into the next Vince Wilfork and they'll believe it just because it's the same school. Despite the fact the involved coaches are long gone and we play a different system.

These kids need some adult supervision bad.

Advertisement
As much as I love his elite speed I think we can do better... that boy from Daytona Mr Get Missing could fill his void

So many recruits are following this same trend these days. I don't see that ever changing. If an early signing option was added, you'd lock down your most committed guys, but the kids who are involved in the dramatic signing/commitment stuff now would never sign early. So that would still be there. It's not gonna change. I think the only resort we have is to change our own expectations of this stuff. Rasul went to Junior Day and loved it. Came away impressed enough that he wanted to be a part of it. That's it. I take that as a positive for Miami in his recruitment. The "commitment" might've been an overreaction on his part, but the last thing we want is for that be become a negative in his recruitment. Next thing you know, he opens things back up and he's got UM fans jumping on his case online and calling him out for decommiting. Just let the kid take his time and make his decision. It's his decision.

Take the response to Junior Day as a positive and a good indication that Miami will both get an official visit and have a real chance with him over the next 11 months. Don't get too high or too low on the "commitment" status question, certainly not this early in the process. Even if he decommits, that's more an aknowledgement that he overraeacted to the positive experience at Junior Day, and shouldn't be seen as Miami being out of the picture, not unless he says they are.

So many recruits are following this same trend these days. I don't see that ever changing. If an early signing option was added, you'd lock down your most committed guys, but the kids who are involved in the dramatic signing/commitment stuff now would never sign early. So that would still be there. It's not gonna change. I think the only resort we have is to change our own expectations of this stuff. Rasul went to Junior Day and loved it. Came away impressed enough that he wanted to be a part of it. That's it. I take that as a positive for Miami in his recruitment. The "commitment" might've been an overreaction on his part, but the last thing we want is for that be become a negative in his recruitment. Next thing you know, he opens things back up and he's got UM fans jumping on his case online and calling him out for decommiting. Just let the kid take his time and make his decision. It's his decision.

Take the response to Junior Day as a positive and a good indication that Miami will both get an official visit and have a real chance with him over the next 11 months. Don't get too high or too low on the "commitment" status question, certainly not this early in the process. Even if he decommits, that's more an aknowledgement that he overraeacted to the positive experience at Junior Day, and shouldn't be seen as Miami being out of the picture, not unless he says they are.

Real good points.

Indeed, these contents expressed above should form as the basis of its own thread.

If UM fans, along with fans from FSU & UiF (posing as UM Fans) on here start bashing our "commit" kids, then that indeed would have a negative impact on these highly impressionable minors. If we can spread this message, then when the Fake UM fans start bashing the Amirs (meaning Ruler, Leader, or highly esteemed one) commit we can try to call them out... because a true hater ain't gonna change his stripes, no matter how cunning they fake on these boards.

Advertisement
i kind of want this kid to decommit im getting sick of the mentality of some of these south Florida kids...

Blackvern already told yall this was going to happen. Face it right now we're 'r just a pit stop for some recruits, he's an example. We'll always be an attraction because of the brand. Until we start winning games like we should and put kids in a position to go to the NFL. We're going to be continue to be a ***** house for anybody from the power 5.

Real good points.

Indeed, these contents expressed above should form as the basis of its own thread.

If UM fans, along with fans from FSU & UiF (posing as UM Fans) on here start bashing our "commit" kids, then that indeed would have a negative impact on these highly impressionable minors. If we can spread this message, then when the Fake UM fans start bashing the Amirs (meaning Ruler, Leader, or highly esteemed one) commit we can try to call them out... because a true hater ain't gonna change his stripes, no matter how cunning they fake on these boards.

Wise words, well said

Advertisement
Elite track guy and commitment here, those never stick. When that happens, you know they're just waiting for an offer somewhere else and will bolt at some point. Our track program isn't good, so just write those guys who are serious about both off. No disrespect to the young man at all.

Fils-Aime is literally twice is good. Getting him will make Rasul an afterthought once and for all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back