Amir Rasul Update

They need to change it where kids can't commit to a school until July 1 of their senior offseason

And how do you propose they do that? A verbal commit doesn't mean anything. It's just a sentence a kid utters to a reporter or a coach. I'd love to hear how you could stop them from doing it, and what punishment(s) you propose for the kids that break the rule.

Advertisement
They need to change it where kids can't commit to a school until July 1 of their senior offseason

And how do you propose they do that? A verbal commit doesn't mean anything. It's just a sentence a kid utters to a reporter or a coach. I'd love to hear how you could stop them from doing it, and what punishment(s) you propose for the kids that break the rule.

Don't accept their commitment until July, if you're the school

We have a 10 times better chance of landing Bo Jackson...need to go after another RB he is gone

Advertisement
Thankfully they've actually acted like Rasul isn't committed and have offered every **** RB in Florida.

Drop him and get deon mcintosh or fils aime from Tyler Boyd's school. Rasul is a big time talent but I don't see him sticking.

We have a 10 times better chance of landing Bo Jackson...need to go after another RB he is gone

Yup. Carlin Fils-Aime should be the #1 priority at RB to pair with Burnett. Offered by Auburn & Alabama this past week and has the elite explosiveness our backfield currently lacks.

Advertisement

So offer them scholarships, and when they want to commit, tell them they have to wait for some arbitrary date pulled out of thin air? All because Maurice and Brock got their feelings hurt because someone is going to decommit? Gonna pass on that.

So offer them scholarships, and when they want to commit, tell them they have to wait for some arbitrary date pulled out of thin air? All because Maurice and Brock got their feelings hurt because someone is going to decommit? Gonna pass on that.

Naw it will help especially in south Florida. These kids down usually commit to 2-3 schools during their recruitment which is pretty bad. Delaying the date they can commit will slow that down and they can really hone in on where they really want to go and won't leave the coaching staffs in flux. Also in agreement with an early signing period. If we had one jordan scarlett would have been a ️Cane right now...

Advertisement

Naw it will help especially in south Florida. These kids down usually commit to 2-3 schools during their recruitment which is pretty bad. Delaying the date they can commit will slow that down and they can really hone in on where they really want to go and won't leave the coaching staffs in flux. Also in agreement with an early signing period. If we had one jordan scarlett would have been a ️Cane right now...

What is a commitment? A kid saying, "I'm going to attend University X." A commitment isn't binding. A scholarship offer from a coach isn't binding. How do you stop someone from saying something? Better yet, why don't you lay out what the punishment(s) should be for these kids who break this ridiculous rule you're proposing? Why do we need yet another NCAA rule covering something that has absolutely zero importance? How is a kid making and then backing out of a commitment ELEVEN MONTHS before signing day something we need to worry about it? Just because it matters to you, that doesn't mean it actually matters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
MIAMI PLEDGE HAULS IN FLORIDA AND FSU OFFERS
Corey BenderCorey Bender
Florida Recruiting Analyst
Despite reeling in big-time offers from Florida State and Florida on Saturday afternoon, Coral Gables (Fla.) running back Amir Rasul remains a part of Miami's 2016 recruiting class.

It was just a few weeks ago when Coral Gables (Fla.) ball carrier Amir Rasul pounced on a scholarship offer from Al Golden and the Miami Hurricanes at their junior day, but that hasn't prevented additional programs from jumping into the mix with hopes of swaying the Sunshine State native.
Notre Dame, North Carolina, Illinois and Georgia joined the fray with scholarship offers following Rasul's pledge to the Hurricanes, but his recruitment took a twist when both Florida State and Florida rewarded the junior with offers on Saturday afternoon, presenting him with opportunities from each of the three in-state powers early on.

To put mildly, the three-star running back was caught off guard by the offer from Jimbo Fisher's program in Tallahassee. In addition to their consistent product on the field, Florida State's academic support is something that's piquing Rasul's interest early on.
"Oh my gosh, I was amazed at first just getting the offer and that being on the table now," Rasul said. "That really raised my recruiting process and they explained to me about everything they would do for me as a person and in the backfield.
"(I like that) I wouldn't just be playing the running back position. They just want to get the ball in my hands and I would love to be able to help my team do what they have to do. In addition to that, the school and academic part of it is good."
Awaiting Image
AMIR RASUL
POSITION
RB
COMMITTED
Rasul has a familiarity with the Gators program and has the opportunity to participate in two sports if he opts to spend the next 4-5 years in Gainesville.
"I have been a fan (of Florida) since Chris Rainey was there," Rasul said. "I can see myself playing in that offense and that's another offer that's going to go up to the top, too. That's an offer I've been waiting on.
"In addition to that, I've been to their camp and I thought I was going to get the offer there, but they had more evaluating to do. That was okay and now I have the offer in my possession and it's just amazing. I'll be able to run track at both places as well."
The rising senior has nearly a year until he has to make it official and ink with a program, but there's no denying how difficult this decision will be. Rasul remains verbally committed to the hometown school, but is far from a lock.
"I'm still with Miami, but it's a soft commit," Rasul said.
Related Story: Boselli Reels in Big-Time Offers
Follow @Corey_Bender

Keep Rasul committed by any means necessary and just add Byrds teammate just in case he does not stick. Just cause Rasul is mentioning other schools that should not give a fan base a right to say drop him, this is recruiting. At this point he is still a commit and any recruit brave enough to trust Golden I'm rolling with 100. Plus Rasul has a title no one can take away from him, fastest football prospect in Dade this 2016 cycle.

Advertisement
Back