Amir Rasul Update

From reading all the articles after his commitment it seemed as if he was forced to commit. I remember reading Golden after offering him ask " Do you wanna be a Cane ? I mean a kid at that moment who doesn't know how to say no will say yes. Never felt good about this commitment from the beginning.

Advertisement
Any So. Fla kid going to ND needs to get their *** kicked. Know the history, and know that they turned their nose up to So. Fla kids calling us ThugU and Convicts. Smh...what's wrong w/ these new breeds, man?

I am not a fan of this kid at all. If I was putting together a track team yes but not football. Much better prospects out there than him.

Advertisement
I am not a fan of this kid at all. If I was putting together a track team yes but not football. Much better prospects out there than him.

Im usually with you when it comes to evaluating RBs, but I can not agree with you on this one due to a weak RB class. Also, I wonder if Al is smart enough to take him in on a track scholarship which may free up another scholarship. I just don't see any other back with UM interest that are worth gambling on. Rasul has also made great improvements as well from his previous years. In college, his game may translate better especially when he works on his footwork/cuts.

Advertisement
Rasul might be the most obvious eventual decommit in UM history. It's sad when your program does such an awful job of hanging onto verbal commits that you can at least appreciate when a kid like this isn't trolling and openly admits he's "not too strong" with Miami.

Getting tired of these kids. The word commit should not be in their vocabulary since they dont't know what it means

The most uncommitted commitment in history.

Folden would have been much better off not pushing for this fake commitment because it's nearly impossible to get a guy to recommit after he decommits (and he's going to decommit) than it is to just give him an offer and keep recruiting him hard and get a commitment later in the process.

Advertisement
FSU offered Rasul today:

Miami running back commit Amir Rasul (Coral Gables, Fla.) picked up an offer from Florida State at Junior Day.

"Words can't explain how happy I am," Rasul said. "It's like this was an offer I had been waiting on."

Rasul picked up an offer from North Carolina earlier this morning.

He also has offers from Georgia, South Carolina, Notre Dame, FIU, Illinois, South Florida, North Carolina State, Temple and West Virginia.

The Crystal Ball reads 50-percent for Miami and 50-percent for Notre Dame.

The 5-foot-10, 200-pounder is the fastest athlete in Dade County.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 61 running back and the No. 96 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Advertisement
He was the most surprising "commit" we got for 2016. Kid was never really high on us and it shows. Looks like he's playing the game. I'm sure the coaches were surprised he committed as well

Most obvious case of placeholding in the history of recruiting. Commit to the local program hoping to get more offers from national powers. He succeeded.

It's just a matter of how much longer he waits before decommitting. Staff has to go all-in for Fils-Aime regardless of what Rasul does.

Advertisement
Back