Ameer Abdullah is what Duke should have been.

Advertisement
Poor Duke. The next Cane player to be cannibalized by UM fans.

All he's done is carry this team on his back and win several games almost on his own. He's overcome **** corching and been the ultimate Hurricane back to when he was wearing an Ibis head in HS when it wasn't popular to be a UM guy. Yet, all our fans do is find backhanded ways to criticize him. He's about 1,000,000,000th on the list of things to critique about this bullshyt program.

My OP was more of an indictment against our corches than anything negative towards Duke himself. It's not his fault they want him to be more Earl Campbell and less Barry Sanders

2 games in with a vastly inferior OL, and he's averaging more per carry than last year.

All he's done is carry this team on his back and win several games almost on his own. He's overcome **** corching and been the ultimate Hurricane back to when he was wearing an Ibis head in HS when it wasn't popular to be a UM guy. Yet, all our fans do is find backhanded ways to criticize him. He's about 1,000,000,000th on the list of things to critique about this bullshyt program.

My OP was more of an indictment against our corches than anything negative towards Duke himself. It's not his fault they want him to be more Earl Campbell and less Barry Sanders

Barry Sanders was shorter and weighed about the same as Duke does now.

Advertisement
Duke will be a better pro than Abdullah if they are healthy IMO.

Also Duke is averaging 6.4 per carry this year, he averaged 6.3 last year.

He already has runs of 21, 24, and 55 this year.

4.5 versus a D1 team

not counting the game against FAMU. you could average 11 ypc against them

come on mane

Abdullah went for 3.4 against an FCS school. What's your point?

If by "shorter" you mean 1 inch and by "about" you mean MORE THAN 10lbs then yes I guess your descriptors makes sense somewhere.

Duke is down to 206 now. Even being 16 pounds bigger duke is faster and more explosive than abdullah.

When duke was smaller he got hurt every **** time he got hit in every game.

Since duke added weight he hasn't left the game once with a injury scare.

Clinton portis said he talked to duke about adding weight too.

Duke wants to be a starting rb in the nfl not a backup.

No rb in the nfl is starting at 193lbs. No 193lbs rb is getting a big pay day in the nfl.

Advertisement
Duke is down to 206 now. Even being 16 pounds bigger duke is faster and more explosive than abdullah.

No rb in the nfl is starting at 193lbs. No 193lbs rb is getting a big pay day in the nfl.

LaMichael James and Darren Sproles (probably others as well) think you don't know what the fvck you are talking about.

If by "shorter" you mean 1 inch and by "about" you mean MORE THAN 10lbs then yes I guess your descriptors makes sense somewhere.

More than 10lbs? Barry played at 203. That isn't even more than 10 from what they say Duke weighs (which isn't real). And, yes, 1 inch is shorter.

Duke will be a better pro than Abdullah if they are healthy IMO.

Also Duke is averaging 6.4 per carry this year, he averaged 6.3 last year.

He already has runs of 21, 24, and 55 this year.

4.5 versus a D1 team

not counting the game against FAMU. you could average 11 ypc against them

come on mane

Yes, 4.5 ypc vs. a very fast D1 defensive team despite the defense being in the backfield as soon or sooner than Duke actually got the ball. I'd say that's a pretty **** good job.

Except your OP was full of BS. No indication of Duke being slower or less explosive other than your need to try to find ways to "indict" our coaches.

Advertisement
Long live Randy "Duke" Johnson! It is an honor to watch him play, seriously. The creativity he possesses when he has his hands on the ball alone is worth the price of admission.

More than 10lbs? Barry played at 203. That isn't even more than 10 from what they say Duke weighs (which isn't real). And, yes, 1 inch is shorter.

The fact that you are forced to split hairs pretty much proves the point.

Barry's playing weight in the NFL was 200 for most of his career.

Either way Abdullah looks much more explosive and elusive than Duke does now.

That wasn't the case in 12' and 13'.

Advertisement

LaMichael James and Darren Sproles (probably others as well) think you don't know what the fvck you are talking about.

We're all quite positive that you don't.

The guy that just got released by his team?

The problem is you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Lamichael james is the 4th string back behind frank gore, kendall hunter, and carlos hyde.

Sproles is the back up to lesean mccoy. Sproles does most of his damage catching the ball.

Duke wants to get big pay days to take care of his mom and sister.

Check your **** next time ***** before you pop off at me.

The fact that you are forced to split hairs pretty much proves the point.

Barry's playing weight in the NFL was 200 for most of his career.

Either way Abdullah looks much more explosive and elusive than Duke does now.

That wasn't the case in 12' and 13'.

So Abdullah's 3.4 ypc against an FCS team looked "explosive and elusive" while Duke's 11 ypc against an FCS team, and 4.5 ypc against a fast FBS defense despite lack of blocking means he's no longer explosive or elusive. Got it.

Advertisement
Back