Ameer Abdullah is what Duke should have been.

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
Not all bulked up with unneeded weight. Still has his speed and shiftiness but with enough strength to still run between the tackles.

AA- 5'9" 190

Duke 5"9' 211

WTF Gorlden? 21 fvckin lbs?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've been saying for a year Duke made a mistake by adding weight. He's not an every down back.

You could see the explosiveness drop a little last year and even further this year. Yearby has more burst out of the hole and he's coming off a broken ankle. With this added weight Duke tries to run guys over instead of alluding them. It's silly because freshman year he broke off so many long runs just by running around guys.

I hope he drops some of the weight in the pros and settles in as a change of pace game breaker type back. Which is what he should be.

Last edited:
Duke is fine and as good as ever. When you can't run block its hard to look good.

Abdullah average 3.2 ypc against McNeese St. Did he look bad that game, no but his line blocked like ****.

I'm not a Golden fan but some of this propaganda is stupid.

I've been saying for a year Duke made a mistake by adding weight. He's not an every down back.

You could see the explosiveness drop a little last year and even further this year. Yearby has more burst out of the hole and he's coming off a broken ankle. With this added weight Duke tries to run guys over instead of alluding them. It's silly because freshman year he broke off so many long runs just by running around guys.

I hope he drops some of the weight in the pros and settles in as a change of pace game breaker type back. Which is what he should be.

This is not true. I doubt you could find 5 guys that would agree with that.

Advertisement
Abdullah is more talented than Duke

We'll see who does more in the NFL. I guarantee it will be Duke. Especially since he'll have professional coaches and an actually qualified S and C coach at that level.

In fact, I'm so confident that Duke will have the better NFL career, that I will ban myself if I'm wrong

How anybody can be critical of Duke after the last 2 games is beyond me. He almost ran for 100 yards v. UL when he had zero, (0), nada, nil from his offensive line. FAMU? Who cares.

Advertisement
How anybody can be critical of Duke after the last 2 games is beyond me. He almost ran for 100 yards v. UL when he had zero, (0), nada, nil from his offensive line. FAMU? Who cares.

More then half the board doesn't know what they are looking at when they watch the games.

Abdullah is more talented than Duke

We'll see who does more in the NFL. I guarantee it will be Duke. Especially since he'll have professional coaches and an actually qualified S and C coach at that level.

In fact, I'm so confident that Duke will have the better NFL career, that I will ban myself if I'm wrong

So you place a ban bet on yourself that can't be collected on for several years.... Out on a limb.

Advertisement

Had a huge catch nullified because a lineman lost his mind.

Duke is still a great player. But he's lost explosiveness. He's not gonna bust too many 30+ yarders this year.

Had a huge catch nullified because a lineman lost his mind.

Would be nice if our OC could provide matchups like that on a consistent basis. Duke in space? Who would think that would work out in our favor?

Advertisement
Back