Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a poster on this site who claimed that even before the portal, Mims was looking to come to Miami. It wasn’t UGA people. Our people too.

Sure. Because he back-channeled with us. That doesn't preclude all other teams of course. He can back-channel with as many schools as he wants.

Advertisement
I absolutely believe that UGA planted that story. Who reported it? The UGA staff writer for 247 who’s known to have strong sources within the program. Why would he jump out in front and say that? Do you think Mims was trolling Miami? Do you think one of our coaches leaked that?

Miami players and coaches disagree. No deal was finalized but they expected to be the choice. I hate to ruin the conspiracy theories.

"Insinuated" is such a strong word. Nobody can definitively say "we are the reason" when the kid was back-channeling with multiple schools. And, hey, maybe Mims led Miami to believe that we were the reason, that we were the leader.

That doesn't make the insider information wrong. It just means the kid overstated some things.

Not sure why people are rushing to blame "insiders".
For fvcks sake how did we get to blaming the insiders? I’m not blaming Cribby or anybody, just stating that I didn’t believe Ferman’s story that UGA planted the story and then referenced Cribby’s statements to support my stance. Recruiting is fluid and things change, I get that and wasn’t saying any of the things you have stated in your two responses to me …

Gary obviously doesn’t talk to coaches or players at Miami. I’ve had enough stories written by that lunatic pm’d to me the last six months to know he’s a straight up fiction writer. His writing on Manny , the AD and MarioGate was straight up fan fiction lies. And I called his bs out all the way through the process.
Cue @Baba Yaga creating a gif of the Step Brothers F, M, K with Gary Ferman, JRR Tolkien, and George RR Martin.

Advertisement
For fvcks sake how did we get to blaming the insiders? I’m not blaming Cribby or anybody, just stating that I didn’t believe Ferman’s story that UGA planted the story and then referenced Cribby’s statements to support my stance. Recruiting is fluid and things change, I get that and wasn’t saying any of the things you have stated in your two responses to me …

For fvcks sake, why don't you jump in a tub of ice. The fact that I am responding to you does not mean I am responding to you exclusively. It's a conversation. Josh Newberg says relax.

I never said that YOU blamed Cribby, I said that "people" are doing so.

Pepe Silvia...
Georgia cares about their players so much I'm surprised they didn't also attach him to A&M, Texas & USC, just to make sure he got top dollar on a renegotiated contract. Some of the stuff that gets peddled and people say yes to without an ounce of critical thought is incredible.

Georgia cares about their players so much I'm surprised they didn't also attach him to A&M, Texas & USC, just to make sure he got top dollar on a renegotiated contract. Some of the stuff that gets peddled and people say yes to without an ounce of critical thought is incredible.

Yup.

Advertisement
So you think in a town of 5,000 and with family members afraid to fly, there were all kinds of sources close to the kid?

Can people stop blaming "insiders" and just admit the obvious, that the kid had second thoughts on the whole process and changed his mind? And I have no problems with him changing his mind if UGa price-matched the F$U NIL deal and promised him more playing time. He did, after all, pick UGa originally, he has a ring, and he wants to win games AND go to the NFL.
That’s what I was implying. Nobody knew what the kids true interest were not every kid will be swayed by NIL.

Now that he isn’t one of us… **** em. On to the next. Just glad he isn’t a nole

@LeedsCane
Can we get the backstory now?
Uh, yeah, I am not convinced he keeps his name out of the portal for long. Talking to alum who know him, with that happened with his high school teammate and his mother’s desire for him to be close to home, it sounds like for now his family more than he decided to stay at UGA and tough it out. I have been given no reason to believe this is permanent but frustratingly enough it now gives other schools more time to keep working on him, Miami too admittedly but I don’t think we keep pressing and prioritising him like we did.

So here we go; Mims was promised (or at very least heavily suggested) that he would be a starter by the previous OL coach who he has a great relationship with… When he stepped away, Mims started to reach out to teams and gauge their interest in him because he was unsure about the vacancy. Kirby himself had to convince him not to put his name in the portal in January and to have faith that the replacement OL coach would be just as good. Mims agreed to this and decided to try and give Searles a chance. By March it was pretty clear that Mims and Searles did not get along and Mims had lost what little faith he still had in his head coach sticking by the promise of him starting so he once again started reaching out and really only one school caught his interest; Miami. Players are wonderful recruiters and I will just leave it at that.

From all I can gather, Mims always only had one alternative destination and the tipping point that, for now, has convinced him to stay at UGA was there pressure of his family and his mother in particular to remain nearby. I will not get into the speculation that this is related to his teammate’s passing, as was suggested by who I talk to at UGA but rather I think this was a combination of many things and those things outweighed his own desires to play immediately, for now. I highly doubt this is over because talking to someone else, he said there is ‘about a 2% chance Mims starts this year’ and this was after he put his name in so after UGA did everything they could to convince him to stay. Miami beat them on every front, no other school who he was interested in came close. I’ll keep an eye on this for sure because as I said, Miami put a lot of effort into this and there is a reason UGA sources heard Miami from the jump, it was the plan for months.

That’s what I was implying. Nobody knew what the kids true interest were not every kid will be swayed by NIL.

Too much is being made of the NIL, in both directions ("it was everything" vs. "it meant nothing"). UGa offered him NIL before he entered the Portal. It has an impact. It may not be his primary reason, but he would still like to be able to make some money.

This is just a kid who changed his mind. Happens all the time.

Advertisement
Uh, yeah, I am not convinced he keeps his name out of the portal for long. Talking to alum who know him, with that happened with his high school teammate and his mother’s desire for him to be close to home, it sounds like for now his family more than he decided to stay at UGA and tough it out. I have been given no reason to believe this is permanent but frustratingly enough it now gives other schools more time to keep working on him, Miami too admittedly but I don’t think we keep pressing and prioritising him like we did.

So here we go; Mims was promised (or at very least heavily suggested) that he would be a starter by the previous OL coach who he has a great relationship with… When he stepped away, Mims started to reach out to teams and gauge their interest in him because he was unsure about the vacancy. Kirby himself had to convince him not to put his name in the portal in January and to have faith that the replacement OL coach would be just as good. Mims agreed to this and decided to try and give Searles a chance. By March it was pretty clear that Mims and Searles did not get along and Mims had lost what little faith he still had in his head coach sticking by the promise of him starting so he once again started reaching out and really only one school caught his interest; Miami. Players are wonderful recruiters and I will just leave it at that.

From all I can gather, Mims always only had one alternative destination and the tipping point that, for now, has convinced him to stay at UGA was there pressure of his family and his mother in particular to remain nearby. I will not get into the speculation that this is related to his teammate’s passing, as was suggested by who I talk to at UGA but rather I think this was a combination of many things and those things outweighed his own desires to play immediately, for now. I highly doubt this is over because talking to someone else, he said there is ‘about a 2% chance Mims starts this year’ and this was after he put his name in so after UGA did everything they could to convince him to stay. Miami beat them on every front, no other school who he was interested in came close. I’ll keep an eye on this for sure because as I said, Miami put a lot of effort into this and there is a reason UGA sources heard Miami from the jump, it was the plan for months.

I would simply add that if he doesn't jump back into the Portal by May 1, he really limits his options. Either stay for a year for the "2% chance of starting at UGa" or "sit out for a year unless you think you can get a waiver, which I'm skeptical of at this point".

Guy's got a lot to think about.

Once we hit 200 pages we will be closing down this thread. If something new occurs please feel free to start a new thread. But we are now beyond the point of usefulness in this thread.
POSTING JUST TO HELP GET RID OF THIS THREAD

Advertisement
Dude was probably never going to leave UGA and was pulling a Kirby troll job on Norvell and Mario since Mullen gone now lol

Last edited:
So you responded to me twice and both times specifically addressed my post and laid things I didn’t say at my feet but I’m now supposed have understood that parts of that weren’t aimed at me? People on this site constantly are performing the most impressive mental gymnastics.

Are you going to stop crying and just put your suppository in?

I responded to things you said. I never accused you of anything. If you can't handle nuance, you should probably stop posting. You didn't even realize that I was mostly agreeing with you.

Oh, waaaaah, "things were laid at your feet". With that level of fragility, you are probably better suited for the Gaytor or SemenHole boards.

Grow up.

Last edited:

Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

If he was trolling at least one thing changed. If it was Manny he would have still come down, got a nice meal and hotel for the family, met some HOF, and wasted Miami’s resources. Mims did all that to FSU and didn’t with Mario. It be real interesting to know if Mario sniffed it out or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back