Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think it is getting blown out of proportion. He was probably BEGGED to go visit FSU. Add in the relationship with Atkins, proximity to home, he prob got a few bands just for showing up, shows he is doing some due diligence .
pp
FSU was likely concerned our visit was scheduled for that weekend so they needed a mid-week visit to try and prevent Mario and crew from getting him to shut it down over the weekend so they could at least shoot their shot. Some booster putting up the NIL $ prob told warchant he signed their NIL package and warchant wrote he signed with FSU and committed.

Dude has a teammate die, returns home, phone prob blowing up from the committed, no he did not media circus, UGA likely incentivizes him a little to come back and he says F it fine. Like the story could legit be that simple.
I agree with what you said. Makes sense. However, the two FSU websites sticking their diiks out there and getting them chopped off is just glorious!!! They put up click-bate on Mims signing without any facts. Mims even personally denied it. So, it just makes them and the FSU coaching staff look incompetent and I love it!!!! Their coaches had nothing to do with the FSU media, but this is a case where their media made them all look bad.

I thought Cribby said so, and others came in confirming?
**** is very fluid, man. Recruiting in itself, is very fluid. Things can look one way on Monday, but by Wednesday, the script has been totally flipped. Cribby and others are only reporting what people that they trust, have told them. Kids change their minds all of the time. He probably wanted to come here, but when mom dukes found out actually how far her “baby” would be away from her…. she spit in the punch bowl. FSU was probably nothing more than a compromise. He went, and wasn’t blown away with what they had to offer, and knew what he had in Athens was better than what Trailerhassee had to offer. His friend dying, probably clouded his decision further.

1650308058925.png

Advertisement
Uh, yeah, I am not convinced he keeps his name out of the portal for long. Talking to alum who know him, with that happened with his high school teammate and his mother’s desire for him to be close to home, it sounds like for now his family more than he decided to stay at UGA and tough it out. I have been given no reason to believe this is permanent but frustratingly enough it now gives other schools more time to keep working on him, Miami too admittedly but I don’t think we keep pressing and prioritising him like we did.

So here we go; Mims was promised (or at very least heavily suggested) that he would be a starter by the previous OL coach who he has a great relationship with… When he stepped away, Mims started to reach out to teams and gauge their interest in him because he was unsure about the vacancy. Kirby himself had to convince him not to put his name in the portal in January and to have faith that the replacement OL coach would be just as good. Mims agreed to this and decided to try and give Searles a chance. By March it was pretty clear that Mims and Searles did not get along and Mims had lost what little faith he still had in his head coach sticking by the promise of him starting so he once again started reaching out and really only one school caught his interest; Miami. Players are wonderful recruiters and I will just leave it at that.

From all I can gather, Mims always only had one alternative destination and the tipping point that, for now, has convinced him to stay at UGA was there pressure of his family and his mother in particular to remain nearby. I will not get into the speculation that this is related to his teammate’s passing, as was suggested by who I talk to at UGA but rather I think this was a combination of many things and those things outweighed his own desires to play immediately, for now. I highly doubt this is over because talking to someone else, he said there is ‘about a 2% chance Mims starts this year’ and this was after he put his name in so after UGA did everything they could to convince him to stay. Miami beat them on every front, no other school who he was interested in came close. I’ll keep an eye on this for sure because as I said, Miami put a lot of effort into this and there is a reason UGA sources heard Miami from the jump, it was the plan for months.
There is definitely something more to this story. You said it in your post and the cbs article I read said there is basically a low chance he starts. The CBS article said that he will have a chance to compete behind two other guys which basically means there’s a low chance. Hopefully he will continue to develop and when he’s ready to transfer we can bring him in through the portal later on.

Advertisement
I dont get why anyone would want to end this thread. This doesnt reflect on Miami or the kid negatively at all. This is just an extension of Nole tears and they look pathetic and terrible in unprecedented ways. I wan this thread to go on forever.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Uh, yeah, I am not convinced he keeps his name out of the portal for long. Talking to alum who know him, with that happened with his high school teammate and his mother’s desire for him to be close to home, it sounds like for now his family more than he decided to stay at UGA and tough it out. I have been given no reason to believe this is permanent but frustratingly enough it now gives other schools more time to keep working on him, Miami too admittedly but I don’t think we keep pressing and prioritising him like we did.

So here we go; Mims was promised (or at very least heavily suggested) that he would be a starter by the previous OL coach who he has a great relationship with… When he stepped away, Mims started to reach out to teams and gauge their interest in him because he was unsure about the vacancy. Kirby himself had to convince him not to put his name in the portal in January and to have faith that the replacement OL coach would be just as good. Mims agreed to this and decided to try and give Searles a chance. By March it was pretty clear that Mims and Searles did not get along and Mims had lost what little faith he still had in his head coach sticking by the promise of him starting so he once again started reaching out and really only one school caught his interest; Miami. Players are wonderful recruiters and I will just leave it at that.

From all I can gather, Mims always only had one alternative destination and the tipping point that, for now, has convinced him to stay at UGA was there pressure of his family and his mother in particular to remain nearby. I will not get into the speculation that this is related to his teammate’s passing, as was suggested by who I talk to at UGA but rather I think this was a combination of many things and those things outweighed his own desires to play immediately, for now. I highly doubt this is over because talking to someone else, he said there is ‘about a 2% chance Mims starts this year’ and this was after he put his name in so after UGA did everything they could to convince him to stay. Miami beat them on every front, no other school who he was interested in came close. I’ll keep an eye on this for sure because as I said, Miami put a lot of effort into this and there is a reason UGA sources heard Miami from the jump, it was the plan for months.
Close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back