Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will explain everything I can about the Mims situation once it is final. As for Mesidor and Johnson, I am unaware of either taking visits right now, ‘might’ be taking a visit is a completely different statement to ‘has a visit lined up/will visit’ and as of talking to someone more plugged in than Gaby and Gary this morning, neither of them have said they are taking additional visits and Miami expects both of them to announce for Miami soon. Feel free to link me where either player has a visit to another school. Mesidor, admittedly, Miami has been watching USC closely but given what happened on his visit, I would be surprised if he did. However, Caleb taking any other trips? That would fly in the face of what I heard. Again, it’s the word of those I trust (who clown on 247 and Rivals on a regular basis) against the national sites. Believe what you want, we all have the right to express options, just don’t state them as facts.
@LeedsCane
Can we get the backstory now?

Advertisement
Only reason he didn’t go to FSU was because he would have been 3rd strong there compared to 2nd string at UGA

/s

Anyways I’m salty he didn’t visit Miami but I’m laughing my *** off at FSU. Could guarantee him a starting spot and he still didn’t wanna go to Trailerhasse with it being close to his home

Advertisement
Not so fast...I wouldn't be surprised if half the idiots that donated to that pyramid scheme demand their money back! Lol
I'm sorry little Bobby, we're not going to be able to swing a birthday party for you this year. You have Warchant to thank for convincing us to use that money on their Limp Stick initiative.

Advertisement

lolm.gif

Him going back to UGA was the smartest decision he made. Like i said, yall can talk about NIL but a smart player works hard ball out at UGA since they popping and get drafted and you make 50 times what NIL pays in 2 or 3 years. This kid was never gonna make or break our OL, sorry. I got the guys leading the team thats gonna help our players become better in the trenches. And help us recruit players like Mims who come here outa high school.
Rebuttal: Stacy Searels

Advertisement
Noles should have known he wasn't coming the minute he stepped out with a wife beater on.
I remarked many pages below that this seemed odd. Although the athlete (particular Mims int this example) has most of the power, my thought would be that you still treat it as a job interview and don’t show up in a t-shirt. The fact that he came in with an undershirt made me actually think that it was a done deal for Mims, that a deal was already in the can and this was just a fun visit for him.

Ferman posted a back story on mims but i canceled my sub awhile ago...can anyone summarize what it says?

This is not an article, just a MB post, so it's fair game copyright wise:

Before he made his FSU visit people at his high school were calling it a FSU lock

Then he shows up in Tallahassee and signs an NIL deal.

that is why I never believed he was coming here, even though the NIL part of the equation would have certainly been as good or better than anywhere else. That is why I posted about it and tweeeted about it while some idiots on twitter tried to take shots that we were posting about something going on at FSU Lmao.

I mean like everybody didn’t want to know what was going on. Everything won’t always be good news.

anyway he went back to Athens and Georgia presented him with a scenario to stay. Yesterday he began telling people that he was going to be coming back to Georgia, which we heard about early last evening and posted about last night. This morning there is clarity that he is stayingat Georgia.

It ended up being a bunch of noise about nothing

btw, The initial story about his Miami interest was planted by Georgia. I think they knew there was no chance he was going to end up at Miami and they were trolling.

Advertisement
For all those concerned that we're gonna see a lot of this due to NIL... my guess is you're right, for the next 2 years. After that I bet we see a lot less of it, back to normal times. Why? Remember that most of current rosters didn't have legal NIL during recruiting. Now players are looking at incoming recruits with huge deals and saying "**** that, my price has been upped. I'm closer to starting than that high school jit". Due to the nature of recruiting, I think it'll take 1-2 years before this works itself out. Remember, Mims was a top 10 prospect out of high school. He probably didn't capture NIL market value for his ranking, and he's rectifying that, especially if he's gonna have to sit another year and not put out tape for the NFL.

After 2 years, I bet these NIL discrepancies (which are likely already being handled behind the scenes, look at LifeWallet deals and the cars our current players are getting) die down, since at that point most players on the roster would have gotten NIL coming in. There'll be less to market mispricing to fix.

Everyone at Mims’ HS was saying FSU was a lock to get him and they dropped the ball. Kirby and UGA convinced him to come back. The Miami noise was a troll planted by UGA. I don’t believe that BS but that’s his story.
I absolutely believe that UGA planted that story. Who reported it? The UGA staff writer for 247 who’s known to have strong sources within the program. Why would he jump out in front and say that? Do you think Mims was trolling Miami? Do you think one of our coaches leaked that?

I absolutely believe that UGA planted that story. Who reported it? The UGA staff writer for 247 who’s known to have strong sources within the program. Why would he jump out in front and say that? Do you think Mims was trolling Miami? Do you think one of our coaches leaked that?

You are omitting one big piece of the puzzle here and that is some of our plugged in posters confirming that we in fact were involved here to the degree the UGA 247 writer insisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back