Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My personal favorite tear from the Mims saga

2E6CCDC0-7648-4359-A37A-84F4ED217391.jpeg

Advertisement
Not sure if many will agree with me, but I just don’t think this is good for the game. Entering portal, getting pampered, and then going back to the school you left in first place? Not a fan
I 1000% get what you're saying but the tactic you just described has been being used by college coaches themselves for yearssssss.

The thing that might not be good for the game is free for all transferring. Don't muck that up with NIL. Unless you all are desperate to go back to the days when only a select few teams can spend unabashedly without NCAA enforcement

Advertisement
He's an elite OL, he'll be on the field soon. Kirby might be an *******, but he is not a dumbass
Kirby didn’t play Justin Fields over Fromm. He’ll roll with Stetson Bennett until the wheels fall off now that they won a national title despite more talented players on the roster. Mims has elite players ahead of him. It was the reason he entered the portal. Kirby ain’t playing a portal hopper who was already a backup unless someone gets injured

Advertisement
I have no ill will toward the kid as we only got excited based on initial reports of why he was entering the portal at all. He didn't disrespect us or even waste any of our resources. That said, this "country" stuff and Mama's nonsense does make me hope he gets drafted by Seattle.
I think it's best for all concerned if he isn't good enough to get drafted and stays at home close to mama.

The thing that might not be good for the game is free for all transferring. Don't muck that up with NIL. Unless you all are desperate to go back to the days when only a select few teams can spend unabashedly without NCAA enforcement
bidding wars for players who have done nothing at the college level can not be good for the game. kids getting cars not a big deal but the bigger deals are problematic.

Advertisement
He showed up in a tank top on a OV told me all I needed to know. Him leaving UGA never really made any sense, he’s only one play away from being the starter. Family must’ve wanted a bigger bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back