Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Rusty Mansell:

-If you remember in my first post on him on leaving, I mentioned that one source had told me that he may enter and then decide to come back to UGA in the end.

I felt like if he went into the portal , he would be playing some where else.

So with that said, I have had a few phone calls today that tell me he may be considering not leaving after all.

Now as far as talking with him right now, he lost a former high school teammate on Friday and he has put off all recruiting calls and any potential visits for a little bit I am told. As expected that hit him hard, this was someone he knew well at Bleckley County.

So with that I am going to respect his time and not reach out to him or anyone at Bleckley for a day or so.

I do know that FSU felt before Friday he was going to take more visits and sounds like USC was a team, that was expecting to get a visit too.

May 1st is the day, any decision to stay or go would have to be made by then.
ezgif-3-927f05f3c6.gif

Advertisement
FSU can manage to be so bad that he goes back to the situation he wanted to leave? Wow! That would be laughable too. I wonder if mom said that he can only go to UGA or FSU. That would definitely speak to the negative recruitment on Miami if we were the ones to be backchanneling him to hit the portal in the first place. Wouldn’t make sense unless they caved on giving him a starting position now.
They didn’t. Told people UGA offered him a really good financial package to get him to stay.

I'd absolutely take him staying in Jawja vs going to Tally but that's a potentially problematic move on his end if they had to cough up an NIL deal to keep him.

Not because this won't happen frequently in college sports but I sure as **** wouldn't want to play for a now more than ever "empowered" world-class ******* in Curby that will probably think I owe him and the program something more than he already thinks about everyone else.

Could be a miserable year (despite the car ridin' convenience for Mama) when you could've spent it somewhere that reallllly wanted your *** and then you may end up just hitting the portal again.

Just my perception of the Curby types of coaches. Could be completely wrong and the kid could be good with him but I personally would be hesitant to give dudes like that any more leverage than they already have.

Advertisement
I see why coaches prefer NFL over college. It must be frustrating having to coddle and entertain young adults who crave the attention and stardom. At least in the NFL all you got to do is sign the guy you choose.
Absolutely (see Mike Tomlin) but a lot of them also enjoy the power they have over the kids (even if recently diminished) once they got them on campus. It's why Sabag's mind was blown when guys on the Dolphins laughed at and talked back to him.

Listened to the Bryant interview. He works for everyone’s hated agency, First Round. Had some interesting things to say about the NIL process. What recruits don’t understand is that in Miami are a ton of sport agencies that will work for them to get NIL deals. Yes an agent will contact kids at other schools but they are only looking for the top kids. Rosenhaus and First Round that can be around the program all the time are trying to get deals for as many kids as they can.
I listened and he mentioned about potentially having one FSU player in the near future on an NIL. Somehow FSU came up with a $300k NIL per Cribby in his post.

That’s why I asked if these snakes somehow got involved in that as I was reading the tea leaves.

Post in thread 'Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/amarius-mims-elite-2021-ot.177327/post-5842087

From Rusty Mansell:

-If you remember in my first post on him on leaving, I mentioned that one source had told me that he may enter and then decide to come back to UGA in the end.

I felt like if he went into the portal , he would be playing some where else.

So with that said, I have had a few phone calls today that tell me he may be considering not leaving after all.

Now as far as talking with him right now, he lost a former high school teammate on Friday and he has put off all recruiting calls and any potential visits for a little bit I am told. As expected that hit him hard, this was someone he knew well at Bleckley County.

So with that I am going to respect his time and not reach out to him or anyone at Bleckley for a day or so.

I do know that FSU felt before Friday he was going to take more visits and sounds like USC was a team, that was expecting to get a visit too.

May 1st is the day, any decision to stay or go would have to be made by then.
If MIms stays at UGA, so be it. Nothing gained. Nothing lost.

Advertisement
Fsu hosting him and offering him and NIL only to go back to UGA would be laughable.

I mean he may not even listen to our pitch and used us as in…”Miami is giving out good deals and I’m gonna go there” to get others to up the ante.

At the end of the day fsu may be the ones with the egg on their faces. Not us

Fsu hosting him and offering him and NIL only to go back to UGA would be laughable.

I mean he may not even listen to our pitch and used us as in…”Miami is giving out good deals and I’m gonna go there” to get others to up the ante.

At the end of the day fsu may be the ones with the egg on their faces. Not us

@LeedsCane i for one don’t believe that by the way lol…

But if that was the case I’d laugh at fsu for the fact they have not given any of their players any decent deals and we’re about to go all in for one.

I believe Miami will offer an amazing deal.

Advertisement
No idea what will happen with Mims but expect this from every 5 star entering their 2nd/3rd year who's a back-up (and/or not getting paid, assuming they arent a bust) - jump in the portal, flirt with some others teams (creating massive leverage) and bid yourself for NIL deals (including your existing team). Either get your current team to throw NIL money to stay or jump elsewhere to starting job + NIL deal. Unless you just want to be "loyal" there is no reason not to do this. CFB gonna get interesting...

Everything about this kid seems to be all about tryna get paid. Nothing wrong with that. Just hope that his desire to be great at his position outweighs his desire for getting paid.
Nothing wrong with wanting to get paid. Long as you know your real paycheck is going to come when you perfect your craft , dominate, and get to the NFL.

Advertisement
I listened and he mentioned about potentially having one FSU player in the near future on an NIL. Somehow FSU came up with a $300k NIL per Cribby in his post.

That’s why I asked if these snakes somehow got involved in that as I was reading the tea leaves.

Post in thread 'Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/amarius-mims-elite-2021-ot.177327/post-5842087
I do not think First Round was involved. Mims is getting money from the collective. First Round and these other agencies broker sponsorship deals that they can take % from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back