Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
6057EBFC-D4E7-4FBB-82D1-EF4671F2B091.gif

Advertisement
Basically said he has better connections at UM than he does with the folks in Talley. He’s a marketing guy for the NILs and has a handful of our guys. Says FSU doesn’t have any NIL deals going on lol..he loves the energy and attention to detail at our practices along with the staff. Thinks LT is special along with James. Said Colby is having a breakout spring..thinks Mario is gunna turn it around here..and FSU is a **** show

Thanks. Is that THE JR Bryant (the CB) that spurned us for FSU years back? I remember hating that we missed out on him back in the day.

Advertisement
Thanks. Is that THE JR Bryant (the CB) that spurned us for FSU years back? I remember hating that we missed out on him back in the day.
Yea. He went through his recruitment too. Basically he was committed to Miami and was gunna sign until he was convinced at a AA game to go on a last minute big recruiting weekend visit to tally by a teammate. Said The Who’s who were in attendance as far as elite prospects of that class. Said Mickey and Kirby smart (GA at the time) showed him the depth chart compared to ours. Saw a path to play sooner there. Plus the environment on the trip (basically hinting to the Females and FAMU being down the street 😻 lmao)..he said his decision truly was last minute and he was truly about to be a cane up until a couple weeks to signing day..it’s crazy how recruiting goes. Ppl really think these 17 year olds have it all figured out and priorities in place when picking schools..but all it takes is a depth chart and some ***/**** to change things..he also said It was a huge culture shock up there but luckily FAMU was right down the way lol

Listened to the Bryant interview. He works for everyone’s hated agency, First Round. Had some interesting things to say about the NIL process. What recruits don’t understand is that in Miami are a ton of sport agencies that will work for them to get NIL deals. Yes an agent will contact kids at other schools but they are only looking for the top kids. Rosenhaus and First Round that can be around the program all the time are trying to get deals for as many kids as they can.

Advertisement
Hearing from UGA boards that Mims is considering withdrawing from the Portal. Can anybody confirm the rumor.

Can’t believe I just asked for confirmation of a rumor but this is what it’s come to smh.

Advertisement
From Rusty Mansell:

-If you remember in my first post on him on leaving, I mentioned that one source had told me that he may enter and then decide to come back to UGA in the end.

I felt like if he went into the portal , he would be playing some where else.

So with that said, I have had a few phone calls today that tell me he may be considering not leaving after all.

Now as far as talking with him right now, he lost a former high school teammate on Friday and he has put off all recruiting calls and any potential visits for a little bit I am told. As expected that hit him hard, this was someone he knew well at Bleckley County.

So with that I am going to respect his time and not reach out to him or anyone at Bleckley for a day or so.

I do know that FSU felt before Friday he was going to take more visits and sounds like USC was a team, that was expecting to get a visit too.

May 1st is the day, any decision to stay or go would have to be made by then.

Hearing from UGA boards that Mims is considering withdrawing from the Portal. Can anybody confirm?
FSU can manage to be so bad that he goes back to the situation he wanted to leave? Wow! That would be laughable too. I wonder if mom said that he can only go to UGA or FSU. That would definitely speak to the negative recruitment on Miami if we were the ones to be backchanneling him to hit the portal in the first place. Wouldn’t make sense unless they caved on giving him a starting position now.

From Rusty Mansell:

-If you remember in my first post on him on leaving, I mentioned that one source had told me that he may enter and then decide to come back to UGA in the end.

I felt like if he went into the portal , he would be playing some where else.

So with that said, I have had a few phone calls today that tell me he may be considering not leaving after all.

Now as far as talking with him right now, he lost a former high school teammate on Friday and he has put off all recruiting calls and any potential visits for a little bit I am told. As expected that hit him hard, this was someone he knew well at Bleckley County.

So with that I am going to respect his time and not reach out to him or anyone at Bleckley for a day or so.

I do know that FSU felt before Friday he was going to take more visits and sounds like USC was a team, that was expecting to get a visit too.

May 1st is the day, any decision to stay or go would have to be made by then.
200-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back