Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If he does choose FSU, he'd better hope they win in November because the trolling will be immense.

People point to Jermaine Johnson, but in my opinion it's easier to look great as a defensive lineman on a bad D line, then an offensive lineman on an O line that needs to communicate as a unit.

Yeah, and the dopes holding up "Jermaine Johnson" as some sort of example miss the point. He would be going in the first round of the draft if he stayed at Georgia (and played at his 2021 level regardless of where he played) or if he went to F$U.

But if he stayed at UGa, he'd have a championship ring right now. To act as if that isn't important to players is ridiculous.

What a nonsense take by "Melissa". Mario is as far as it gets from a used car salesman. In fact, he's the opposite. He does't use flowery flattery or sweet platitudes to get people to like him, he's blunt and straightforward. In fact, that characteristic has led to some claiming he's hard to work for. But I'll take his honest bluntness any day over a coach like Norvell putting on some fake southern hospitality act.
Ehhhh, that’s fandom for you. Every great recruiter is a used car salesman according to that team’s rivals.

Advertisement
7616BE80-BBFA-4980-8EEB-E58BB858292D.jpeg

What's bizarre to me is if he "reschedules for next week"...why?

Why would he extend his FSU visit, not visit this week...only to potentially visit next week?

Doesn't make sense at all imo...not with his alleged timeline.
Well today is Good Friday and this weekend is one of the biggest religious holidays of the year.

Signed,

Peruche

What's bizarre to me is if he "reschedules for next week"...why?

Why would he extend his FSU visit, not visit this week...only to potentially visit next week?

Doesn't make sense at all imo...not with his alleged timeline.

Maybe for why I said. To acquiesce to the pressure FSU was putting on him and staying a little longer. So they can regroup away from the Noles.

Or maybe even so his whole family can come (I recall his dad had a conflict, right?)

As I mentioned above, this doesn’t look great. But we really have no idea. Sit back, enjoy the weekend, enjoy life. We will know what’s up when we know what’s up.

Advertisement
You know for all this negativity...it's 12:30 pm and he still hasn't committed.

So let's just wait and see. Done moping about every single wishy-washy tweet or Nole message board post.
Kinda my thought. We're talking 40+ hours of all the Seminole hospitality they can muster on this visit and these guys are still waiting for a commitment and a cancellation. If all they do is run out the clock so he decides he would rather visit Miami after the holiday weekend so he can spend Easter with his family I would laugh.

You really think that’s what happened?

I think you have it backwards. Who do you think Danny’s “source” is? You know the Ruiz’ look out for Danny. Seems probably to me that Danny heard from the Ruiz’ that the kid rescheduled for next week. And the Ruiz’ would know. They are involved in this.

On the surface, this seems like bad news. And it probably is. But one possibility is that FSU was going so high pressure on him to not come visit us that the easy way out was to agree, and re-group once they got home and away from them.

As Alex said, we will either see him next week or in November.
Thank you!

That’s exactly what I said earlier about DBC getting info from The Ruiz family, not the other way around and some people here have a hard time with reading comprehension.

Advertisement
I last checked this forum at page 6. Seems like some of y'all are new to recruiting lol. If we never had this kid on campus for an official, we didn't "lose" him to FSU. We never really got a chance to play the game. Like, you lose a girlfriend/wife...you don't lose a chick you've been talking to on Tinder for 3 months and never went out.

Would really suck to lose this kid to FSU and Tyler Steen to Bama

Both guys who could fill in right away at RT and improve the position greatly

Not a great look for OL gurus Mario and Mirabal
Why is it not a great look? Because players make their own decisions for their own reasons? Steen probably wants a ring and thinks Bama is his best chance. How do you recruit against that? Is Mario supposed to lie to the guy? Mims might want to be closer to home. How can Mario out recruit that? Sell him on coming down then watch him be miserable? Denis and Sagapolu came from Oregon, does he get credit for them? How about the other 6 players?

Advertisement
Would really suck to lose this kid to FSU and Tyler Steen to Bama

Both guys who could fill in right away at RT and improve the position greatly

Not a great look for OL gurus Mario and Mirabal
Maybe these kids are just low IQ or making extremely immature, emotional decisions. Crazy to pass on Mario/Mirabal track record over this Atkins guy who has literally 0 track record whatsoever but it is what it is if it plays out like that.

Thank you!

That’s exactly what I said earlier about DBC getting info from The Ruiz family, not the other way around and some people here have a hard time with reading comprehension.
Well now we're operating in a world where a Miami billionaire booster is giving information not reported or confirmed by anyone else to the fringes of Canes twitter. Information that would've come from the staff in all likelihood. IF that is the case they're bigger problems than potentially losing Mims to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back