Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I will never understand people that won’t fly. Helicopter, aight I feel you but US commercial aircraft… you got to be the scariest most irrational person on earth to refuse to fly. The last US fatal plane crash was in February 2009. People die every day on highways. Get ya pre check and enjoy what life should be lol

I’ve always been afraid to fly. Just lack of flying basically. I’ve flown more with work and travel recently and each flight I’m a little more calm.

It’s just a lack of understand and control most likely for mom. If she understood the technology, safety features and statistics of flight deaths verse vehicle, her *** would be won a plane to Miami right now.

With that being said. I understand someone’s fear cause I used to and at times when the flight is rocking still get it. It’s all in your head that if it goes bad you are dead no doubt. You are in a metal container 30K feet in the air. It’s wild to think about.

If it’s true she has never flown and refuses then yes this was NEVERRRRRR happening and all the Miami noise was BS fluff. Mama wants to get in her new vehicle from FSU and drive to see her baby lose to teams like Jacksonville st

Except Tallahassee isn't some rural farm town and they have a really high crime rate.
No doubt. But I imagine if it was my own mother. She only knows what the TV tells her. Miami has drugs and murder. Tony Montana is her image. Tallahassee would be the much safer option in her narrow viewpoint. Obviously it is not but again she’s not seeing the broader picture. I’m not saying his mom is like that but I’d imagine her outlook is probably similar.

Advertisement
They're Maryland, I'm not sure what you're expecting from them overall. 4 top ten teams on their schedule and a Minnesota team that won 9 games. They made a bowl. They hadn't done that since 2016
I'm expecting them to not lose by 30+ in games. I remember growing up and Maryland being competitive. They recruit better than alot of teams they got 21 by. Af why do u keep caping for bum *** dan enos?.

Advertisement
You CAN use that logic, for sure. But as OBM said, we have no connections to Mims. He didn't so much as mention Miami publically, let alone come anywhere close to trolling. All we know is some message board journalists said there was potentially some interest.

What we DO know is that Mims had a strong, prior relationship with Atkins.

We don't know what is important to Mimis. From listening to the Noles 247 podcast today, apparently FSU set him up with some boring OLman as his host bc Mims is a homebody that likes to chill and play video games. The kid showed up at FSU in a wife beater. Maybe he won't be comfortable at Prime 112 and maybe he doesn't want to go to LIV after? Reminds me of this classic scene (IYKYK):

View attachment 182092

I will also point out that (i) Miami is a 7 win team that hasn't proven anything on the field, (ii) he will be blocking the SAME GUYS IN THE ACC at FSU as he would at Miami (strange argument that he can't shine at FSU, IMO), and (iii) the NFL will find him anyways.

Of the top 10 NFL tackles as graded by PFF (2021), here are their alma matters:

2:
Oklahoma

1:
Ole Miss, Colorado, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, Utah, Western Michigan, Iowa, ND, Wisconsin

If this kid was from New Jersey and picked Rutgers over Miami, it would be chalked up as staying home. FSU is closer to home, and he has a strong relationship with the OC/OL coach. You all are getting butthurt simply bc it is FSU. That is the only explination.
I do not know what is important to him. Never claimed to. Truly not butthurt whatever decision he makes.

It’s his life but in the context of making a football career related decision, the football related portion heavily favors in Miami. If youre arguing with that, you are probably an FSU fan.

It’s also weird that you guys defending the small town boy act like he’s gonna be forced against his will to go to LIV every weekend lmao.

I went to LIV once in my 4 years at UM. Never loved the club scene. That’s the beauty of South Florida - you aren’t pigeonholed into one lifestyle.

Have a good weekend brotha 🤙🏼

Advertisement
No doubt. But I imagine if it was my own mother. She only knows what the TV tells her. Miami has drugs and murder. Tony Montana is her image. Tallahassee would be the much safer option in her narrow viewpoint. Obviously it is not but again she’s not seeing the broader picture. I’m not saying his mom is like that but I’d imagine her outlook is probably similar.
Yeah, you watch certain news enough and you'd believe that every metropolitan area is pretty much just "Escape From New York".

I'm sure FSU is also pushing the language situation as well.

Advertisement
If thats the case, I don't want guys like that anywhere near the the team. I want guys that losing hurts their soul. Maybe it a generational thing. Man I a trying bust your *** in Connect 4 or anything else. No mercy and I don't expect any return.

When I first met wife, we went out on a date bowling. She realized after 2 rolls in I was bowling bowling. She ask me you are not going let me win jokingly. I look her square in her eyes and said " Oh baby girl you dating wrong dude, I am about to bust your *** on these pins "
I LOVE IT and am HERE ALL DAY for that energy!!!! I am the same way all day!!!

His mom has never been on a plane and apparently said she never would. So being close by car is a huge plus.
Same type of people will then always believe that God is in total control and has a "plan" for everyone....but if you board a giant flyin' tube then all bets are off!

Took one of my grandmothers like 20 years to fly. Remember as a little kid ordering her repeated Kahlua drinks at an airport bar to calm her down.

This was someone that lived through the Great Depression though. Mama Mims shouid grow da fugg up as she was probably born in the 80's or 90's. She's more likely to get hit by a bus that's GOING TO the airport than to die in a plane crash.

Not even sure what a Lancashire accent is.
I think of the ones in and around Manchester, like on Coronation Street, the guys from Oasis or New Order, Gary Neville; though @OldhamA may disagee (whether on accent or because it's Neville.

I doubt they are all that reflective of Lancashire generally, but that's what I'm familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back