Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia has to deal with FSU for kids in Georgia alot more than they have to deal with us. Not that FSU in their current state is much of a threat but it wouldn't make alot of sense for Kirby to help facilitate a move that helps FSU look like an attractive option for Georgia kids.
It makes no sense, I agree

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll just say this. I've worked on corporate acquisitions and reviewed documents for 25 years. There's a difference between a "letter of intent" and a full-blown acquisition agreement. You sign the letter of intent to be able to do your due diligence and get a look at the financials. I've seen plenty of acquisitions fall apart in the due diligence phase.

Clearly, this is a different situation. But if the F$U collective document is not exclusive and binding EVEN IF THE KID ENROLLS ELSEWHERE, then it's not worth the paper it's written on. I haven't seen it. I have no idea.

But it is possible...POSSIBLE...that Mims is taking his "F$U receipts" over to UM to be "price-matched". ****, I'd love to see John Ruiz DOUBLE what F$U offered, just to see if Mims ****es himself, just a little.
And - if he is willing to sign a contract that makes him an fsu indentured servant without even hearing what Mr. 20 billion has to say… my man definitely needs better representation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have you guys commenting on NIL specifics actually read a NIL contract?

I disagree with the notion that a player can just wipe his *** with a contract if he wants to without any contractual consequence (liquidated damage, etc). Sure he can break the contract as any person in life can, but I would imagine they are paying a penalty of some sort.

Ultimately, it depends on the specific contract, which again I ask...have any of you seen one?

Seems like a huge assumption to confidently speak on it without ever reading one.
It is my understanding that one of the few rules that the NCAA has with NIL is that you can't state in the contract the user has to sign with a certain school or it be contingent on playing time. So he should be able to get out if he chooses another school, they can't complain when they are breaking the rules.

Advertisement
And the only one who liked it is a known Nole on here
Me? Lol you got the wrong guy if so… I’ve posted like twice in 2 years. So seriously doubt I’m a “known Nole”. Can’t stand FSU or UF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back