Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hate to say it but Tallahassee is a lot more like Athens than Miami and this kid comes from a town of about 5K. I love visiting Miami and, and at one time, hoped to move there when I was much younger but it's a major lifestyle change that every kid won't like. I'm hoping this isn't that case.

What's going to happen in a couple of years when the kid gets drafted to the biiiiiiiig city? You can't live in a town of 5K forever, particularly if you want to be paid more than minimum wage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have you guys commenting on NIL specifics actually read a NIL contract?

I disagree with the notion that a player can just wipe his *** with a contract if he wants to without any contractual consequence (liquidated damage, etc). Sure he can break the contract as any person in life can, but I would imagine they are paying a penalty of some sort.

Ultimately, it depends on the specific contract, which again I ask...have any of you seen one?

Seems like a huge assumption to confidently speak on it without ever reading one.
We got a situation like this with the basketball program. Ruiz signed Wong and a potential transfer to NIL deals. The assumption was that meant Wong was locked in to stay. That news broke on Monday. Coach L said yesterday that Wong hasn't made a decision. Is that all just posturing? Maybe L wasn't aware of the deal? I would hope he would be aware. If L was aware that is an indication that the deal Ruiz put on the table doesn't specifically bind Wong to stay.

Precisely; just get him on campus and I'm not worried. He can tell FSU all they want to hear or sign whatever NIL alleged deal he wants; without a commitment/enrollment it means jack **** at this stage.

Plus, if you don't think Miami is upping the bag now as we speak...cálmate.

John Ruiz told Mims he would pay big money if Mims proved that he could break the internet, and Mims obliged.

7D chess...

Have you guys commenting on NIL specifics actually read a NIL contract?

I disagree with the notion that a player can just wipe his *** with a contract if he wants to without any contractual consequence (liquidated damage, etc). Sure he can break the contract as any person in life can, but I would imagine they are paying a penalty of some sort.

Ultimately, it depends on the specific contract, which again I ask...have any of you seen one?

Seems like a huge assumption to confidently speak on it without ever reading one.
If he signed a contract that had a penalty then he would have to get a huge lump sum in exchange for it to make sense.

And if that was the case, wouldn’t you reach out to Miami to see if they can match especially since I doubt the contract was just completed and reviewed a couple of hours ago.

The likely scenario is he signed a non-binding NIL and whorechant is running with it. He may want to announce himself but they jumped the gun.

But I’d be worried if I was fsu if he made it down here.

Advertisement
My question is if Mims signs an NIL deal, wouldn’t the rest of the players go bezerk as well as the incoming transfers? They don’t have the money to pay them all. I don’t think anyone has an NIL deal on the team besides maybe one or two from the local Chico’s Bail Bonds.

Advertisement
If he signed a contract that had a penalty then he would have to get a huge lump sum in exchange for it to make sense.

And if that was the case, wouldn’t you reach out to Miami to see if they can match especially since I doubt the contract was just completed and reviewed a couple of hours ago.

The likely scenario is he signed a non-binding NIL and whorechant is running with it. He may want to announce himself but they jumped the gun.

But I’d be worried if I was fsu if he made it down here.
Did he have a NIL deal at Georgia?

We got a situation like this with the basketball program. Ruiz signed Wong and a potential transfer to NIL deals. The assumption was that meant Wong was locked in to stay. That news broke on Monday. Coach L said yesterday that Wong hasn't made a decision. Is that all just posturing? Maybe L wasn't aware of the deal? I would hope he would be aware. If L was aware that is an indication that the deal Ruiz put on the table doesn't specifically bind Wong to stay.

You make some valid points, but I'd also point out that Wong is not going to another school. So even if he doesn't stay at UM, he'll get paid by LifeWallet as a pro, whether it's in the NBA, D-League, or overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back