Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
it all depends on how the NIL is structured, right? I honestly don’t know if it’s the same as fin-aid.

You are correct.

For instance, there has been information that the Tennessee collective (which is much better organized and funded than anything at F$U) made an exclusive multi-million dollar offer, which seemed to make the "college" decision a done deal.

But I'm not convinced that is the case with Florida law or the F$U collective. And what might might might be happening is that UM might be "price-matching", but wants to see the numbers. And F$U might not be willing to give the kid a copy of the contract unless he signs it.

So, yeah, I think it all depends on what the terms of the deal would be. If it's "I sign my NIL rights over to the F$U collective, regardless of what school I choose", then it is almost certain he will (eventually) pick F$U. But if the deal is dependent on actually attending F$U, and UM matches or beats the deal, then maybe that deal isn't worth a whole lot.

Regardless, the warchant leak is a lowdown dirty double-cross. After all, if it wasn't such a big deal to the kid, he'd just confirm the story to 247 and be done with all the drama. He's getting paid, right? He's close to home, right? He gets to hang out with Alex Atkins, right? But he's sooooooo desperate for a couple of free days in Miami that he's going to play this game this way? I mean, if that F$U collective is paying him soooooo much, why does he risk all of the backlash? For what, 2 nights at a Ritz Carlton?

Doesn't make a lot of sense. But, hey, warchant is waaaaaaaay out on that limb, now. They may end up being right, but if they are wrong...they have permanently damaged their credibility. "Amarius Mims to F$U" will become a joke for the ages.

Things are "heating up" alright. We shall see. We shall see...

E780679E-0451-479C-B507-37AE65B9D6C5.jpeg

Advertisement
So I'm the only one scared is what ****** telling me?
Why would we be scared of fsu, or missing on a highly rated olineman who hasn’t shown that potential yet? It doesn’t help us immediately but have you seen the olineman Mario is about to get in this next recruiting class? I think the bigger deal is just making fsu fans have another meltdown for me.

Maybe. Or maybe he committed and doesn’t want it leaked until he can announce it.

Put it this way….I’ve seen one zillion examples of what i described above and I believe exactly zero where a reputable (hold your laughter) site announces a commitment and makes videos for said commitment that literally didn’t happen.

So either he committed and just wants it on his terms, which happens all the time, or Ira at Whorechant got trolled worse than anybody has ever been trolled in the history of recruiting. We’ll see which it is.

Just a guess but I think it will be pretty easy to see what's going on here. He makes his visit here we are in play and all of this is just BS...he doesn't and obviously we are out.

I truly believe the kid signed something, the smoke is way too thick. What does that signature mean though? I guess we’ll see. Why would he deny it if everything was done? For sake of visits? Because he promised our staff something? Who knows. What I do know is I’m taking my *** to sleep I’m not doing this with ya’ll mfs.

Hate to say it but Tallahassee is a lot more like Athens than Miami and this kid comes from a town of about 5K. I love visiting Miami and, and at one time, hoped to move there when I was much younger but it's a major lifestyle change that every kid won't like. I'm hoping this isn't that case.
Unless he plans on getting drafted by Green Bay, if the NFL is the ultimate goal, he might as well get used to living in a major metropolitan area.

Advertisement
I know nothing about this stuff so I’ll bite for anyone that knows - how binding are these? Like whats the damage is he signs an NIL deal but 2 days later says fvck that noise and doesnt enroll at FSU, then what?
I'll argue it's as binding as the terms in the contract. An NIL deal doesn't force him to come to FSU by any means. But could it include language that transfers all his NIL rights to the collective, and maybe prevents him from signing other NIL deals (has a poison pill) while in college? No idea, as this is all really new and I'm an engineer, not a lawyer. But I wouldn't be shocked if some schools (collectives for the schools) start testing the water with that kind of language.

Last edited:
I’m going to bed. 83 pages. When I wake up this better be at the magical #100. Paging knighton and tae threads

I highly doubt He’s making it down to miami. There’s no way this dude legit pulled this out of thin air. When there’s smoke there’s fire in recruiting. If indeed he chooses FSU it really is a terrible Business decision but this is recruiting so it doesn’t surprise me
Just have to wonder what caused the sudden decision to FSU if that's the case? Unless it was driven by mom insisting he stay close to home.

Why would we be scared of fsu, or missing on a highly rated olineman who hasn’t shown that potential yet? It doesn’t help us immediately but have you seen the olineman Mario is about to get in this next recruiting class? I think the bigger deal is just making fsu fans have another meltdown for me.
I'd take him over everybody else we got.

Advertisement
I wonder who is with him on these visits. There’s been talk about his mom but she wasnt in any of those photos. There WAS another man who was greeted by Norvell and an fSU coach.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back