Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusty Mansell this morning:

-Got a ton of questions obviously about Amarius Mims so want to address one more time, Georgia tried to keep him, they met with him several times, over the last two weeks. He missed 4 of 8 spring practices, but still got some reps with the 1’s when he was available, I am told. NIL will definitely be involved here now that he is available to go through this process as a transfer, it sounds like Miami and FSU are involved . He was raw coming out of high school and anyone that evaluated him knew that, but his long term ceiling is what he made him special and someone will be a getting a very good prospect in him after a year and half in Athens. Tough situation, but it is the day and age of the portal. I do expect UGA to lose a few more players before May 1st, but not thinking it will be anyone that pushing for meaningful minutes at this time in my opinion.

-Not really surprised on Clay Webb, he never really pushed for a spot in Athens and was buried in the depth chart for Georgia. He could not hold weight and fought that over the last few years.

He's right. Definitely needs some polish, but his ceiling is absurd. Top half of round 1 ceiling, for sure. Whoever gets him is getting the ideal tackle prospect. It better not be FSU.

Advertisement
Don’t trust the Noles here, they are as desperate as it gets
I agree. But Mims would be a fool to go put out tape for a glorified running back playing qb. Assuming this dude has his future nfl stock on his mind… this is a no brainer. But these dudes don’t always have their best interests in mind so we will see

Lol they keep moving the goal posts
Screenshot_20220411-090200_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
No it is helping. Having the few be able to hoard players on their teams was never a good thing
NIL isn't going to level anything, the bama's of the world still have more money. Just because there's new money out in the light doesn't need to change the fact there's old money in the dark.

Need someone to tell me something good. If he commits somewhere site unseen my god he got the bag.

Advertisement
Need someone to tell me something good. If he commits somewhere site unseen my god he got the bag.
He is getting a bag no matter what and a big one. This is a 5 star kid that has gone through the vetting process. This would be like if James Williams went to the portal. He was a 5 star on paper but he actually has shown 5 star ability at the next level but instead of S it’s a top 2-3 position on the field in T. This will really come down convincing him we are a better program than program x for him cause anyone not ponying up the brinks truck isn’t gonna be taken seriously.

Advertisement
The fact that "NIL" has already been the determination of where this kid ends up means that this is going to be dragged out to the very end to maximize his earnings
Good news for us, dragging out mean no later than the end of April.

He is getting a bag no matter what and a big one. This is a 5 star kid that has gone through the vetting process. This would be like if James Williams went to the portal. He was a 5 star on paper but he actually has shown 5 star ability at the next level but instead of S it’s a top 2-3 position on the field in T. This will really come down convincing him we are a better program than program x for him cause anyone not ponying up the brinks truck isn’t gonna be taken seriously.
Yep. Ruiz literally needs to stop whatever he's doing to focus on compiling this NIL package cuz this kids worth every penny. Immediate dividends we'd receive with this kid if he comes here.

Advertisement
If the kid approaches this with even the slightest business mind then FSU has no chance. Relationships definitely matter but this is a battle we likely have the edge.
the best way of looking at this stuff is if a kid looks at the two places and thinks FSU is the better place for him then you either have to question his judgement or he just wouldn't have fit in here. at this point it isn't even close which program is better.

Yep. Ruiz literally needs to stop whatever he's doing to focus on compiling this NIL package cuz this kids worth every penny. Immediate dividends we'd receive with this kid if he comes here.
Didn't Davey Pageviews say he wanted to throw Barstool money into the NIL pool? DBC needs to get him on the line and get this done.

I won't count FSU out here. They are absolutely desparate and it wouldn't surprise me to see them blow their load here to get him there. Previous relationship with Atkins sure won't hurt. Hoping the kid is smart enough to know he can get a bag and play for a legit staff/team here.
They got Johnson last year and Verse this year I think they are out of money 😁.

Transfer decisions have to be finalized by May 1 in order to be eligible to play for the 2022 season so Mim's decision can't be "dragged out" very long. Have to believe an OL is going to evaluate the OFFENSIVE ROSTER and look at ... first ... the QB running the offense and his back up. UM wins that comparison with FSU hands down. QB, RB, TE ... UM has the goods. "Pundits" are projecting FSU to win 6 games this season. Same "pundits" predicting UM to win 9-10 games and the Coastal. Hottest coaching staff in the country right now is "Da U". Have to believe Mim's visit to UM will seal the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back