Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sources confirmed to Dawgs Daily that former five-star tackle Amarius Mims missed Thursday and Saturday's practice in Athens last week and has asked to enter his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal.

He's now in Tallahassee, Florida visiting Florida State on an official recruiting trip according to reports. Rumors have circled Florida State and Miami being the two schools that were seriously in contention for the offensive tackle. Then after a day's worth of a visit to Florida State, rumors began to swirl that he had already committed, only for those to be shot down by Mims himself.

LMAOOOOOOOOO
Text Street GIF
I’m sure Mims is enjoying Tallahassee’s version of the red carpet treatment. However, I can’t imagine he was thrilled with the info their reporters were throwing around, regardless of whether or not it was based on actual facts

Advertisement
I’m sure Mims is enjoying Tallahassee’s version of the red carpet treatment. However, I can’t imagine he was thrilled with the info their reporters were throwing around, regardless of whether or not it was based on actual facts
Imagine being on a visit and dealing with that kind of craziness. Maybe Miami leaked it to ruin the visit……
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Imagine being on a visit and dealing with that kind of craziness. Maybe Miami leaked it to ruin the visit……
Always Sunny Reaction GIF
I’d equate it with going on a bachelor party weekend with the fellas, only to have your girl having a meltdown back home. You’ve got her, her friends, her mom, your parents, your sibling all blowing up your phone trying to find out what you did to set her off

That could be a poor analogy but I’m currently on a flight to Nashville for a bachelor party and it’s all I could come up with lol

I’d equate it with going on a bachelor party weekend with the fellas, only to have your girl having a meltdown back home. You’ve got her, her friends, her mom, your parents, your sibling all blowing up your phone trying to find out what you did to set her off

That could be a poor analogy but I’m currently on a flight to Nashville for a bachelor party and it’s all I could come up with lol
Great town, enjoy

Advertisement

Makes sense. Ultimately it may not matter but there’s no way it helps his recruitment for FSU.

I get that part. The only thing I could see making him do a snap decision like that is a record breaking NIL deal. Personally I don’t think that happened.
..or his mom. Mothers are always an x-factor.

Advertisement
I mean he is transferring because he wants to start so you probably have to kind of guarantee a starting spot
I know a lot of posters would disagree with this but I wouldn’t guarantee him a starting spot. I would guarantee him the opportunity to compete for the starting spot and then tell with his ability and skill set if he continues to do what he did at UGA the overwhelming likelihood is that he would start.

Then I’d show him the depth chart and ask him who does he think he can’t beat out. Plus I would definitely not guarantee him the starting LT spot over Zion.

Advertisement
I know a lot of posters would disagree with this but I wouldn’t guarantee him a starting spot. I would guarantee him the opportunity to compete for the starting spot and then tell with his ability and skill set if he continues to do what he did at UGA the overwhelming likelihood is that he would start.

Then I’d show him the depth chart and ask him who does he think he can’t beat out. Plus I would definitely not guarantee him the starting LT spot over Zion.
I mean sure... I dont think Mario is giving him the starting roll, but sometimes things are so clear that it is the unsaid thing. This kid is a known commodity coming from a loaded roster that just won the playoff where he was pushing for first team reps and plays a position that we desperately need help at. He is going to start at RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back