Amari Daniels

So you trying to just take a filler or quality in those last spots??

if we can fill with a quality QB or CB than no doubt

but if your saying take a flyer for the sake of taking a flyer I think that’s ridiculous

Where did I say "take a flier on filler"? I am "alluding" to certain individuals without naming names.

Brown. A **** good QB. And T2. Those are the three we have to take. The fourth spot would go to another CB, as it seems like Malik may be moving to offense. My fifth pick is Yulkeith. With the SIXTH selection, then we can take Daniels.

Bottom line, if we are moving towards power running, I just don't think Daniels is our fit. Same rationale for NOT taking Garcia at QB.

Advertisement
Where did I say "take a flier on filler"? I am "alluding" to certain individuals without naming names.

Brown. A **** good QB. And T2. Those are the three we have to take. The fourth spot would go to another CB, as it seems like Malik may be moving to offense. My fifth pick is Yulkeith. With the SIXTH selection, then we can take Daniels.

Bottom line, if we are moving towards power running, I just don't think Daniels is our fit. Same rationale for NOT taking Garcia at QB.
No argument here if those names want in

I’ll also agree I don’t like Garcia

Dunn, Cook, Greg Jones, Amp Lee in that order since I started watching MIA vs. FSU in 91. My choices and personal opinion is based on college football big games and not NFL seasons. Cook would be the clear cut best FSU rb in that list in regards to NFL career. I don't know about anything before 91, sorry.
Tiger McMillon would have been up there too if he hadn't torn up his knee. Sean Jackson was an underrated RB for FSU

This kid paired with Thad is a perfect RB class and we need both, cause Cam will go pro.

2021 -
1a. Chaney
1b. Knighton
2. Thad
3. Burns or Daniels

In this offense we need 3 RBs a game. Any injury to Chaney or Knighton next year and depth is tight without another RB in the 2021 class

Advertisement
I might agree lol. But Idk how many spots we have left. Like if we only had 2 and it meant no Brown + Lewis? I definitely would be opposed. **** I'd rather get an additional CB that is highly ranked than Daniels too. Idk why people here are looking at our RB depth, and extremely concerned, but not looking at our CB depth and not extremely concerned! We are in a far worse position at CB than RB imo.. I get losing Cam and Burns would be really bad for depth. But if we lose Blades, we'll literally have DJ Ivey, Tecory Couch, Marcus Clarke, Isaiah Dunson, Tim Burns, and Malik Curtis.... That is ******* garbage, considering 4 of them are FR or RSFR. Brown and if we can get another top CB are vastly more important than a RB...
I see what your saying fair enough. Just give me all the sfla legends

This kid paired with Thad is a perfect RB class and we need both, cause Cam will go pro.

2021 -
1a. Chaney
1b. Knighton
2. Thad
3. Burns or Daniels

In this offense we need 3 RBs a game. Any injury to Chaney or Knighton next year and depth is tight without another RB in the 2021 class
Burns is more talented than both Thad and Daniels - and it's not really close.

Advertisement

You need different backs with different skill sets, u need a daniels to go with franklin just like you needed rooster to go with chaney. That way dc have to game plan f4 it instead of jus franklin. Hypothetically speaking!

You need different backs with different skill sets, u need a daniels to go with franklin just like you needed rooster to go with chaney. That way dc have to game plan f4 it instead of jus franklin. Hypothetically speaking!
I agree with you in theory, the problem is these guys are at best borderline Miami level backs.

We should be signing more talented backs than these guys, as we have consistently done over the past 20 years.

I agree with you in theory, the problem is these guys are at best borderline Miami level backs.

We should be signing more talented backs than these guys, as we have consistently done over the past 20 years.
The game has changed, and our expectations need to change accordingly.

Just in the past year we've had two kids transfer away that were rated top 10 backs nationally (Lingard & Martin) coming out of high school. The days of having Portis, McGahee, Gore, Davenport, etc in the same backfield are not completely gone, but it's tougher to do. Not to mention kids who play RB are aware that the shelf life of a RB is less than pretty much every other position, so the mentality has changed a lot.

I know you know all of these things but I suppose my point is, the value has increased for less-talented kids who may stick around for ~4 years.

Advertisement
The game has changed, and our expectations need to change accordingly.

Just in the past year we've had two kids transfer away that were rated top 10 backs nationally (Lingard & Martin) coming out of high school. The days of having Portis, McGahee, Gore, Davenport, etc in the same backfield are not completely gone, but it's tougher to do. Not to mention kids who play RB are aware that the shelf life of a RB is less than pretty much every other position, so the mentality has changed a lot.

I know you know all of these things but I suppose my point is, the value has increased for less-talented kids who may stick around for ~4 years.
You're missing my point. I'm not saying we should be signing first-rounders every year but we should be signing guys who are at least as good as Homer, Walton, Dallas, etc. - i.e. 3rd to 5th round draft picks.

I'm not seeing that level of talent with these guys, especially Daniels, who looks like an FAU guy to me.

Not sure which one you think is barely borderline miami caliber? You do realize that rooster n chaney last year and franklin and daniels this year were/are the best backs in dade n broward county. Rb recruiting is going great only problem is numbers. That's because dj dallas n lingard left.

Advertisement
You're missing my point. I'm not saying we should be signing first-rounders every year but we should be signing guys who are at least as good as Homer, Walton, Dallas, etc. - i.e. 3rd to 5th round draft picks.

I'm not seeing that level of talent with these guys, especially Daniels, who looks like an FAU guy to me.
Fair enough. I think the disconnect is that we view Daniels differently. While I think he'll be the least talented back we've signed in the last handful of years, I also believe he's better than FAU-quality.

I think because we always have skill talent in sfla! Coaches don't go national f4 said skill talent unless there recruiting us. Besides dj dallas, who was the last non-fla running back f4 us? Dj didnt start off as a rb here either.

Advertisement
Back